Status: This is the 1st time I have ever tried to put pen to paper for the stories in my head. Please provide feed back and comments it will help me to know if I am moving in the right direction and if I should continue. Thanks K

Embraces the Night

Chapter 7

Just as MaryAnn and Emily arrived at Terrazza MaryAnn spotted her friend Amanda.

“Amanda, over here” she called. Then started walking towards the car they were getting out of.

Emily looked over to see her approaching three people. The woman whom she assumed was MaryAnn’s friend Amanda. Amanda appeared to be in her early 30s. Long silky straight blond hair with lips that were easily as large as Angelia Jolie’s' , probably with the help of Botox and of course curves in all the right places. Standing next to her was a man in his late 20s or early 30s, probably her husband.

He was tall, dark and handsome. His body was athletically built. Large biceps, wide chest. Thick thighs. Wow, she thought. He is the best looking man I have ever seen. The total package. I'm getting hot just looking at him. Thank GOD he's taken cause, Holy Hell he would be worth moving for.

The third person was a slightly older gentleman probably in his 50s. Not bad looking. Maybe he was going to make a move on MaryAnn. Amanda thought MaryAnn needed someone to love.

“MaryAnn, it’s so good to see you. You don’t come down here often enough. Lately my only company is DING and DONG” Amanda said while pointing left and right toward the men. Then she scrunched up her face and gave a brilliant smile. Both men started laughing.

The older guy recovered first and said “Wait, I’m Ding and he’s Dong.” All four of them buest out laughing again.

Emily took a step forward to join up with them when she noticed the strap on her heels slipping down. So she bent down to fix the strap when she heard MaryAnn and friends reach her... MaryAnn immediately started introductions.

“Amanda, this is Emily. Emily this is Amanda” MaryAnn pointed at the woman. “And her husband John,” pointing to the older gentleman. That was a surprise to Emily he had to be more the 10 years older than Amanda. “And this is our longtime friend Brody Marshall.”

In that moment the world stopped for Brody. Every nerve ending in his body started to tingle. Standing in front of him was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and she was his true mate. One look into her eyes and everything in life changed for him. He felt his blood begin to heat. His heart thumped loudly in his ear. His brain went on over drive. Oh my GOD she is my mate.

I'm 400 years old and now I find my mate. Holy fuck, I am not prepared for this tonight. Get it together Brody. Let's make this happen
he told himself. With that, he put on his best smile and reached out to touch his MATE, Emily's hand.

"Hello Emily, it is a pleasure to meet you. I feel like I have waited 400 years for you to walk into my life."

What, what did he say thought Emily. Well now that was one hell of a pickup line. Wow he has the perfect smile and holy shit balls batman look at his dimple on his right cheek. I am such a sucker for dimples. He’s so yummy I could eat him up. Wait a minute did she say Brody Marshall? As in... Marshall Construction? Ohhh no, he is off limits.

Emily had to get professional. She threw her hand out in front of him, gripped his and pumped it up and down in a man style handshake.

"Why yes you have waited your life for me. I am going to be the best dam designer you have ever worked with Mr. Marshall." There take that she thought. No way he could tell she was lusting for him. She was proud of herself for acting all professional and what not!

John watched the exchange and noticed the body language changes that were coming off of Brody. Interesting he thought. Brody never showed interest in a woman, and wow this one just totally blew him off.

“Well, now that the introductions are over, let’s get a table. I was out bustin' my ass at the Jensen’s all day today and I need some food.“ blurted out John.

Terrazza was magnificent thought Emily. Talk about ambiance. They were sitting pool side in these cute little wooden tables. Natural wood stain, lanterns sat on tables. It was Moroccan night so even the music and entertainment felt romantic and erotic to Emily.

Emily ordered the specialty cocktail Passionata served in a flute with a strawberry garnish and a Colorado rack of lamb crusted in pumpkin seeds served with a stone fruit. She figured hell, why not have a great meal in a great place. The others around the table ordered similarly. She noticed that Brody was odd man out. He ordered very light. Water with lemon and a salad.

The evening was passing quickly. Grudgingly Emily decided Amanda had a fantastic personality on top of her super model looks. She kept the conversation moving easily and Emily found herself laughing and having a great time. Everyone seemed to be getting along really well, with the exception of Brody.

He’d tried several times during dinner to engage Emily in personal conversation but she wasn’t biting. At one point she actually said

“I am flattered that you are interested, I however am not Mr Marshall”

Emily decided she would think of him as Mr. Marshall only. Brody was too familiar and she didn't want to get familiar in any way with him.

Aftter several more failed attempts her had a sour look on his face. Amanda turned towards Brody and put her hands on both shoulders.

"What's the matter love, you've been so quite tonight? This just isn't like you?" she said.

Brody was struggling controlling himself. He couldn't think. He couldn't breathe. He had been told by his parents when he was young what it would feel like to sit face-2-face with his true mate, but he was totally unprepared. He was scared to death to say anything else.

His blood had warmed too much and he was sweating. His heart was thumping too quickly and loudly. Gone was the cool, easy going Brody. In its place sat a predator ready to jump on his prey. His body and soul knew it needed Emily.

He wanted to jump across the table and take her here and now. Never had he had such strong urgent desire to bed someone. Never had he wanted to sink his fangs into a woman's flesh and pound himself into her soft womanhood. His manhood was straining in his pants to get out. He had to leave. He had to get away from her right now! He had to get control of himself.

Brody stood up, pushed his chair back, looked Emily dead in the face and said

"I guess I don't take rejection well." then stormed away.

At that moment you could have heard a pin drop. Their table and several near them went silent as the watched him bolt from restaurant.

After the abrupt departure of Brody, things got quiet at the table. Shortly after that MaryAnn said she had a long ride home and needed to head out. John and Amanda offered to drop Emily off at the Condo. It was obvious that everyone was uncomfortable but no one said a thing.

The ride to the condo was short and silent. John said something about seeing her around the Jensen place and both Amanda and John wished her a good night.

Emily walked through the door bone tired. Wow what a day. She couldn't even begin to wrap herself around all that had happened. And what the hell was up with Mr. Marshall acting like that. Yeah, he definitely had a problem with his ego.

He must be used to women dropping to their knees and worshiping him like a god or something. Well not Emily. Oh hell no, she wasn't going to give him the time of day. No chance in hell. Beside, that was the worse pickup line she had ever heard. She was going to focus on getting the Jensen job done and getting the hell out of Florida.

She walked into the master bedroom, grabbed her pink suitcase and threw it on the bed. What a shame she thought. My whole life in two stupid, ugly pink suitcases. She opened the first case and pulled out a ratty old tee shirt then headed into the shower.

After showering, she flipped on her laptop and checked her agenda for the next day. She was to meet with Mrs. Jensen at exactly 9am. Then she would have to meet with the foreman to get the construction schedule. They would go over the layout of the new house, and Mrs. Jensen’s desires for the design.

This was going to be a big project for Emily and she knew she would need to be at the top of her game. No more thinking about anything but this job thought Emily. At least that’s what she kept telling herself. But her body was saying something entirely different. Her body wanted Brody Marshall.

She could see herself rubbing him from head to toe. Her mouth was going dry just thinking about his dimple. Without her permission she found herself thinking about what he look like without his clothes off? It wasn't natural to be that good looking.

She turned the lights off, set the alarm clock and slipped onto the bed. She fluffed the pillows and tried to get comfortable. She needed to shut her brain off and sleep. After more than half hour of tossing and turning Emily finally fell into a light sleep.

Her dreams were filled with erotic images of one very good looking Brody Marshall. She twisted and turned, grinding herself against the mattress over and over. She moaned in her sleep. Sweat was beading between her breasts. Before the night was over her sheets were soaked and so was she.