Gone and Never Coming Back

Gone: Chapter Sixteen

Aaliyah

I had agreed, after all the texts, the calls and the walk ins I had finally agreed to have a talk with him. I didn’t understand what Tyler wanted from me and why he kept calling me stupid, but I knew one thing if he came at me incorrectly I was going to grab my purse and walk right out.

I choose the mall food court for our lunching because I wasn’t about to be in a secluded area with this man when I didn’t know any of his intentions whatsoever.

I took a seat on the tall stool and looked around waiting to see his face. He wasn’t hard to miss either. I never would deny that Tyler was attractive because he and Chris looked a lot alike.

“Aaliyah.” Tyler said smiling. “Leah Beah Sacajawea.” He laughed. Mimicking Chris. “You look good girl!” He tried to pull me into a hug but I objected.

“Don’t act like you didn’t see me yesterday.” I said rolling my eyes and picking up a menu. “What can I do for you Tyler? I’m really tired of you bugging me.”

“What can you do for me?” He asked. “Don’t make me have to answer that baby girl.”

A tall Italian girl ran towards us. “Gabriella!” She shouted. “Gabby, is it you?” She looked as if she was fascinated by me.

I looked at her oddly and shook my head no politely. “I’m sorry.”

“Gabby! You look just like her! It’s Izzy, Isabella.” She said with pleading eyes.

“I’m sorry.”

“Please! Remember for me Gabby.” She said walking closer. “I know it’s you! You have the same eyes, the same smile you have everything Gabriella had! You’re my sister!”

This girl was starting to really freak me out, even more than Tyler. “I’m sorry but I’m not your sister.”

Tears welled up in her eyes and her lip started to shiver as she eyed me with a saddened expression. I wish I was her sister because maybe I could get the answers I needed in my life. Who was my actual fucking family?

She walked off looking back at me with an awkward, brutal expression. I turned my attention back to Tyler and he broke out and laughter.

“If only you had the eyes, the memory and just a little of bit of common sense she has.” Tyler said shaking his head.

“What?” I asked confusingly.

“Nothing! Damn!” He laughed. “But as I was saying before your long lost sister came over interrupting us.” Tyler said chuckling some more. “But you really want to know what I want from you?”

“What?” I asked sipping from my straw.

“I want what I couldn’t get when you were nine years old.” He whispered into the air before letting a mischievous grin pile across his face afterwards. “I bet it’s worth much more now.”

I spat up my soda. “Excuse me?”

“I’m kidding.” He chuckled. “I just wanted to let you know that if you need anything you can come see me. I’m sorry too.”

“You sound so convincing!” I said crossing my arms and rolling my eyes.

“Have my baby.”

“What?” I asked looking at him crazily. This guy didn’t know when to stop playing games and give the asshole part of him some retirement.

“I’m playing about that too.” He laughed. “Let’s get out of here.”

“Excuse me?”

“You never comprehend.” He said grabbing my arm and leading me towards the exit. I guess it wouldn’t hurt if I spent some time with him.

I tugged my arm away. “Promise not to be an asshole.”

“Promise.” Tyler said letting it easily slide off his tongue. I know it meant nothing to him just to promise me, but I guess I’d go with it.

Isabella

I walked into my father’s study and like always he was busy. His attention was focused on his phone and I could tell he was in deep conversation. I laid my back against the door and waited until he got off the phone. I couldn’t wait to tell him I saw her and I knew he was going to be ecstatic.

When I was seven years old when Gabriella disappeared. My father acted as if he didn’t know what happened to her but the truth was that she was abducted by one of his enemies and Gabby was whisked off to the States. Eventually we moved here and this has been my first time ever spotting her.

I knew the reason why she was taken too. Her mother was black. My father was a very dangerous and careless man back then and he raped a woman from the States and she made Gabriella. My father hardly cared for her, and the love he had for Gabby wasn’t the same as the love he had for me and the rest of his full Italian children. When Gabby turned six years old she was snatched out of her bed by the people from the states and taken back to their country. My father didn’t make a move to find her, but now I know he misses her and I can tell it by the way he looks at the single portrait on his desk of her.

He put the phone on the hook and rubbed his temples and I walked inside with a bright smile. My father stood and I wrapped arms around him tightly.

“Good evening papa.”

“Hello figlia, what can I do for you mio caro?”

I sat down in the chair and took deep breaths before finally speaking. “I saw her.”

His eyebrows raised. “hmm Isabella?”

“I saw Gabriella papa, I saw her with my own two eyes.”

He stood from his chair. “What!” He roared, shaking every painting on the wall and every pen in the holder.

“I saw my sister Gabriella! I saw her today!”

“Isabella what did you say to her?”

“Papa I didn’t say anything!” I lied. I didn’t know that he would be so mad about such a little thing. Even if he didn’t want me talking to her, I was going to do as I pleased. She was my sister for Christ sake.

“I’m sorry Isabella, I have much work to do come back some time again.”

I nodded and bolted out of the room and down the hall until I reached the end. I caught my breath and wiped the tears from my cheeks. My father could be so difficult when it came to family things. I just wished I could have been the one who was whisked out of the bed one Sunday night and taken to the states. I would probably have a much better life.

It looked as if she was living way better than me anyway.

Jada

I looked to my right and blinked twice. I wiped my eyes a few times and then looked back at my friend Kyla to see if I was mistaken.

“Is that my old friend Aaliyah over there?”

“Yeah that’s her. Who that sexy son a bitch she with?” She asked scooping it out right along with me. Kyla was the definition of a real friend, she would have never stolen Cameron from me.

I laughed. “He is cute.” I grabbed my iPhone 4 IOS out and snapped a picture of them walking side by side. They didn’t look like they were seeing each other but as soon as I showed Cameron he wouldn’t care.

“What you doing Jada?” Kyla asked looking at me oddly.

“Giving this bitch a taste of her own medicine.”

Kyla waved me on. “Do what you feel.” She laughed.

Cameron/Chris

I looked down at my buzzing phone to see a text from Jada and an attachment. I knew it was probably a picture of her pussy or some nasty shit again. I couldn’t click because if I did I would be running right out of here to go give it to her.

I sighed softly and slid my thumb across the screen and clicked on the picture to see a picture of Aaliyah and a familiar face.

“Tyler!” I shouted standing up from the sofa. I read over the subject with my heart beating out of my chest. They couldn’t know.

‘Aaliyah, I know she’s the one… But are you the one for her? Haha;p’

I felt my heart race come to a slow, but then it sped back up again when I realized that Tyler knew, and Tyler was known for running his mouth. I quickly dialed Aaliyah’s number and waited for her answer.

“Baby?”

“Hey Cammy!” She shouted through the phone. “How are you tonight?” I could hear the grin in her face.

“Close one.” I mumbled.

“Huh Cameron?” She asked confusingly.

“Nothing Lee…Nothing…Nothing.”