Gone and Never Coming Back

Gone: Chapter Seventeen

Chris/Cameron

I took another gulp from the bottle and laid back against the bench. I wanted to jump up and run to her house and tell her how much I loved her and how dumb I was. If it was anybody else I would probably think before all my actions but whatever made Aaliyah happy at this point I was willing to do.

I hate the fact that Tyler is back and he is officially in her life. The nigga is no good, he’s a self centered and a low down liar. But he could say the same things about me but only I know the truth.

I forced my eyes closed and tried to breath as the burning sensation in my chest took over my body. I clenched my teeth together until it finally went away. Once the feeling was gone I took another gulp from my body of Jack and leaned my whole body back against the bench.

Times like this I wish I had my mothers shoulder to cry on and her body heat to keep me warm. I missed her more than ever and she was the only reason I went on each day. I know my mother wouldn’t be proud of me right about now but I was going to vow to fix this shit.

Tomorrow was the day my team and I went through with another heist. Not because we needed the money but because we felt like it. Us takers didn’t have to have an explanation for what we did, we just did it.

Bow was being a pussy about everything and kept saying that he didn’t know about this, and were we sure we wanted to do? I didn’t like that shit at all and I was debating on holding him back and see what popped off. He was my best friend since grade school so hopefully he was on no grimy shit.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed Aaliyah’s number. I just wanted to hear her voice and tell her good night just in case Bow was right, and I wasn’t ever going to see her.

“Hello?” She said in a sweet voice. “What are you doing up baby?”

“I’m your baby?” I slurred into the phone.

“Are you drunk Cameron?” She said kissing her teeth, I knew she was rolling her eyes at this very moment. “Let me guess, Jack Daniels.”

I laughed. “Blame it all on jack.” I dragged.

“I’m blaming you!” She chuckled. “What’s up?”

“Nothing baby girl, I just wanted to tell you good night and that you make me very happy in a lot of ways.”

She giggled. “Whatver… I have work tomorrow, goodnight?”

“Good night! Call me tomorrow.”

“I promise I will, If I don’t somebody got me or something.”

I laughed and looked at the dark sky. “Alright then.” I hit the end button and stood up from the bench and stumbled off to my car and into the night.

Isabella

It was one Am and I was knocking at her door; my sister’s door. I needed to get this done quickly, the easy way or the hard way but which ever she was going to listen to me if that’s the last thing she does.

She opened the door with a silk scarf wrapped around her head. “Yes?” She rubbed her eyes. “Can I help you?”

“You can help me actually.” I pushed my way into the door and she finally registered my face and grabbed her phone.

“Who you calling?” I asked slapping it out of her hand. “The police?”

Her eyes grew big and I pointed to the couch. “Sit down Gabby, just sit down.” I mumbled. “Don’t get up either.”

“I’m not Gabby! Are you crazy?” She asked her eyes widening. A little boy walked down the hall in footsy pajamas.

“Mommy are you okay?” He looked at Gabby and then up at me while rubbing her big brown eyes. “Hi, I Cay.”

“Hello Cay.” I grinned and lifted him up from the floor and onto my waist. He popped his thumb in his mouth and looked down at Gabby.

“Put him down.” She shouted.

“Or what?” I raised my father’s gun from my waist and tossed it in Cay’s hand. “You see this?”

“Cayden put it down!” Gabriella screamed. “Put it down now!”

His eyes grew big and he dropped it on the hard floor, and it went off shooting the glass table over. Cayden jumped down from me and ran right back down the hall way he came from.

“What the hell?” Gabriella said standing. “What do you want?”

“I want you to listen to me.” I reached to pick up my gun. “Or listen to the sounds of little ole Cay suffer.” I smiled sweetly.

She wiped the tears from her cheeks and looked towards the hall way. “Talk.”

“Well I just want you to believe that you’re my sister Gabriella.”

“I’m not.”

“Shh.” I silenced her. “You’re my sister, if you weren’t my sister do you think I’d be here?” I lifted up her chin. “Gabby believe me.”

“I can’t… I don’t have a family.”

“Because I’m your family!” I shouted. “Look at you, you look just like an Italian.”

“Please believe me when I say I’m not your sister. I was raised in group homes all my life, my name is Aaliyah, Aaliyah Rome.”

“Rome?”

“Aaliyah Rome.”

I put my head down and looked back up at her. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.”

She looked at me crazily.

“Cay!” I called

He appeared in front of the door and looked up at me. “Yes?”

“Mommy taught you good manners huh?”

“Yes.”

“That was a rhetorical question.” I said rolling my eyes at him. “Let’s go get some ice cream.”

“I have school tomorrow, it’s a school night miss.”

“Come get ice cream with me!” I shouted. I walked down the hall and grabbed his hand and walked towards Aaliyah.

“Find me Gabriella when you really want him back.” I putted her with the gun and grabbed the screaming boy from off the floor and hurried out of the apartment and slammed the door shut.

If she didn’t wanna listen to me, I couldn’t kill her but I could take her son and hit her exactly where it hurt. Smack dab in the heart, and if he didn’t act accordingly to my plans he could get it too.

Aaliyah

I screamed for Cameron in the phone at 7:00 AM because he was the only one I knew to call. Time had passed and he wasn’t answering the phone and I kept leaving messages.

“Why god!? Take me not Cayden!”

The door swung open and I looked up to see Cameron standing there in all black with a soft frown on his face. He walked towards me lifting me up from the floor and looking me in the eyes.

“What’s wrong? 50 calls.”

I sobbed in his arms and tightened his grip on my shoulders.

“What is it Lee?!” He shouted.

“She took Cay.” I screamed into his chest, crying like a baby. It was like all my hurt and pain built up into one. Chris, growing up without parents, Jada, Tyler and now Cay wasn’t here.

“Who!? Who took Cayden!?”

“This-This girl… She’s Italian, she thought I was her sister but I kept telling her no! She showed up here and took him. I couldn’t do shit! He cried for me Cameron! He cried!”

He kissed my head. “I’ll get him back baby…I’ll get him.”

“Don’t tell me you’re going to get him back when you can’t! Just stop Cameron.” I pushed him off of me. “Just go home, I got this.”

Cameron rolled his eyes at me and pulled out his phone, dialing a number and waited for them to pick up. “Go without me.” He simply said before hitting the end button.

“Now come here.” He said sliding his phone into his pocket. “Come here now Aaliyah.”

I walked towards him.

“When I say I’m going to do something—” He stopped to lift my chin up. “When I say I’m going to do something, I’m going to do it. Don’t question it.”

I nodded. “Okay.”

He plucked my nose and kissed my cheek. “I’ll be back with him shortly, do me a favor and clean up this mess.”

“Okay… Please bring my son back alive with a smile on his face. Don’t you dare bring Cayden in here without a smile on his face.”

Cameron laughed. “I promise.”

Bow

When Chris called and said that he wouldn’t be attending I was shitting bricks. Everyone else was totally fine with the change and they were ready to go now.

We all were about to walk into a marked area and the cops were going to be swarming us any minute, and I had to go. There was no turning back or anything. I was going to end up in jail when Chris was the one was supposed to be taking my spot.

We walked inside and on cue the cops jumped out with guns pointed and screaming at us to put our hands up and drop the weapons we had. I had fucked up, and my chances to see Diamond again were slim to none.

“One word, Chris.” I mumbled.

Mijo’s, Trey’s, Tygas, and Gui’s faces were sour. They hate him.