Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Jackson Reeds

“She’s gone,” I whispered, clutching my phone tightly to my ear. I stood outside my mother’s hospital, numerous tears pouring down my cheeks as I shook. “I just watched my mother die, Aunt Janette, where are you!?” I yelled unto the phone, my back leaning on the wall opposite of the door. Tears fell as I slid down the wall, my left hand holding my head as I cried.

“Lindsey, I’m at work. I’ll call you when my shift ends-” she started but I cut her off, shaking my head roughly.

“She is your younger sister, Aunt Janette. You can’t leave early because she’s DEAD? Now I know how your heart works.” I exclaimed, slamming my phone into my lap as continuous tears fell. Doctors ran in and out of my mother’s room as I sat curled up in a ball, watching quietly as they shouted at each other that she’s lost her pulse. More tears fell; I’ve never felt so alone.


“Lindsey!” I heard yelling and I jolted awake, tears staining my cheeks. I shot up, my eyes wide as I breathed in a huge gust of air. My hair was tangled around my shoulders and I gasped for air, my arms stiff as the tears poured out of my eyes. “Oh, Lindsey,” Danny whispered, leaning over and wiping the rest of my tears. I felt my heart beat repeatedly in my chest and I looked down, avoiding eye contact as Danny tried to look me in the eye. “Was it a nightmare?” He whispered, and I looked over at the clock beside me; 3:43am.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you,” I whispered, closing my eyes tight as Danny continued to wipe my stupid tears. His hands were cupping my face, his crystal blue eyes trying to look into mine. I felt my body shake and I shook my head, taking a deep breath. “Let’s just go back to bed, it’s early.” I spoke softly, my lips quivering as I took a deep breath.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” He whispered, and I nodded slowly, getting back under the covers. Danny slid under too and I felt him inch closer to me. Turning my head, I felt our noses brush as I looked into his eyes. “I’m here, okay?” he whispered, brushing his thumb over my cheek. I blushed and nodded slowly, taking another deep breath. “Hey, look at me.” he murmured, and I looked up, catching his eyes again. “I’m always gonna be here for you, okay?”

“Okay.” I nodded, my breathing softening as I snuggled deeper into the bed. I fell back asleep quickly, Danny right behind me.

*`*

“Come on, Linds. We need to stop at your aunts so you can get dressed before we meet the lads at the studio.” Danny called through the bathroom door, knocking on it lightly. I swallowed the two pills before I sighed, leaning on the bathroom sink as I slipped my eyes shut. I took a deep breath, biting my lip softly. “Lindsey?” Danny asked, and I took another deep breath.

“I’ll be out in a second.” I called out to him, pulling on my jacket from yesterday. After quickly pulling my hair into a messy ponytail, I pulled the bathroom door open and bumped right into Danny’s chest. I stumbled backwards, Danny’s arms wrapping around my waist to stop me from falling. A chuckle fell from his lips and I felt myself smile, my hands gripping the tops of his arms.

“Careful,” he smiled, shaking his head at me. “Ready?” He asked, dropping his arms and grabbing my purse from the counter, holding it out to me. I took it from his hands but it slipped from my fingers, falling to the bathroom floor with a bang. The pill bottles rolled across the floor along with my wallet, lip gloss, and some tampons. I flushed furiously and bent down to pick those up first. Danny let out a loud laugh before crouching down to help me. He handed me the two pill bottles and I quickly snatched them from his hand and shoved them to the bottom of my purse. I felt my heart beat repeatedly in my chest and I scurried to my feet, biting my lip in embarrassment.

“I-I… Sorry.” I muttered, running my hands through my ponytail.

“It’s okay, calm down.” He spoke softly, a small smile playing on his lips. “Everybody drops stuff.” He said, smiling at me reassuringly. Ever since I told him all about my disorders and he witnessed my reaction to my nightmare, I’ve felt like a loser. It’s not normal and maybe his thoughts about me are changing. “Now let’s go before you’re late.” Danny said, pulling me out of his flat and into his car. I took a deep breath and kept my gaze out of the window as Danny turned down the radio, pulling onto the busy street. “What’s wrong?” He asked, and I shook my head, looking down at my hands.

“You don’t think any differently of me now, right?” I whispered, looking over at him from under my eyelashes. “I just feel like after everything I’ve told you, you’re going to run the other way because I’m so…abnormal.” I whispered, looking down at my hands in my lap. He pulled up to a red light and turned in his seat, turning my face to face him.

“Lindsey, seriously? After everything you’ve told me, it’s made me like you even more because now I know what you’ve gone through. It goes to show how strong you really are. Now stop being so negative.” He said, shaking his head with a small smile. The light turned and he continued his way to my aunt’s house. “Oh, and you still owe me that date. How does this weekend sound? Good.” He smiled to himself, keeping his eyes on the road as I felt a deep flush shade my cheeks. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I felt my eyes grow wide. Am I falling for Danny Jones!?

We pulled up to my aunt’s house a few moments later and I pulled Danny inside beside me. I quickly ran up to my room and Danny took a seat on my bed while I grabbed some clothes and jumped in the shower. It didn’t take me long before I was finished with my shower, fully dressed, my hair straight down my back, and I was finishing the last touches of my make-up when I heard a knock on the door downstairs. I furrowed my eyebrows and met Danny back in my room.

“Did someone just knock?” I asked him, and he shrugged his shoulders, following me down the stairs. I looked through the peep whole before I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled the door open. My eyes focused on a tall man standing in front of me. He was wearing a dark suit and holding a brief case, a black hat perched on his head. Biting my lip, I spoke softly.

“Can I help you?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow as I stepped forward.

“Are you Lindsey Greene?” He asked, removing his hat to expose thick, white hair. I stepped back, both of my eyebrows.

“Uh, yes?” I answered cautiously, keeping my feet firmly where they were. He cleared his throat and stepped closer to me, extending his hand.

“My name is Jonathan Handley,” he answered, gripping my hand tightly as he smiled. Danny stiffened beside me and I dropped my hand, clearing my throat. “I’m the lawyer for the Reeds family. I am Jackson Reeds’ executor.” He spoke, handing me a small index card. Furrowing my eyebrows, I took it and stepped back, bumped my back into Danny’s chest.

“Jackson Reeds?” I whispered; my body stock still. I looked down at the card the said all of the information he had just told me.

“Jackson Reeds; your father.” He spoke softly. I felt my eyes grow instantly wide, my breath leaving my throat. “Is there somewhere we could speak privately?” He asked, and he gestured into the house.

“Uh, sure. Is Danny alright to join us? He’s, well, I need him.” I whispered, grabbing onto his hand. Jonathan nodded with a soft smile.

“That’s entirely up to you.” He said, and I nodded, leading him into the kitchen. I took a seat at the table with Danny right beside me and Jonathan across from us. “When is Janette expected to get home?” I bit my lip, looking over at Danny.

“She’s, uh, working late today.” I whispered, looking back over at him. I kept my eyes on him as he placed his suitcase on the table, using a small key to click it open. Grabbing a manila folder, he placed it between us before pushing his briefcase off to the side. Clearing his throat, Jonathan leaned back.

“I’m sure you’re wondering what I’m doing here? Well, like I’ve said, my name’s Jonathan Handley. I have been working with Jackson Reeds for most of my career. He was a great man.” He spoke, and I felt my body freeze.

“Was?” I whispered, and Jonathan nodded slowly. Danny grabbed my hand from under the table, linking our fingers together and giving me a tight squeeze.

“He passed away a few months ago in a terrible car accident.” He spoke softly, shaking his head sadly. I sat back in my chair. “I’ve been trying to get in touch with you since then in terms of his Will but I haven’t been able to read you between your mother and her sister.” Jonathan mused, looking down at the table quickly before meeting my eyes. “Jackson has allowed me to speak with you containing their relationship if I had the ability to do so.” He continued, sitting forward. “As you know, your parents met at a young age. When your mother found out she was pregnant with you at the age of 16, your father fled in fear.

“Your mother was heartbroken that she was left with a baby at such a young age alone and wouldn’t stop phoning him. Well, just a few years after you were born, he tried to get in contact with your mother but she wouldn’t allow him to do so. He tried everything but she wouldn’t let him back into your life after he had left it so abruptly. He sent you cards and presents for every single major holiday and every one of your birthdays, but they were always sent back to him. But he never gave up. He dropped everything to come and find you on your 18th birthday but your mother told him you refused-“

“I had no idea.” I whispered, leaning forward and placing my arms on the table. I stared at Jonathan as he continued.

“Well he was told you didn’t want to see him. So on your 19th birthday, he tried again. But on the way here, he was struck by a jeep in his Volt and died instantly. Everything he owned was on his Will and that’s why I’m here today.” He spoke softly, opening the manila folder and sliding it toward me. I looked down at the papers before me but my vision blurred.

“What is all of this?” I whispered, dropping my hands in my lap as he answered me.

“This is everything your father has left with you.” Jonathan said, flipping through the papers to show me how much it really is. “Your father worked 60 hours a week as a salesman in the best business you could work for in America and right here is all of his earnings. He invested his money wisely and got full inheritance from his father’s death that is all deposited into this bank that, in his Will, if his time was to come, it would all be yours.” He took a deep breath and I felt my eyes grow wide at the information. “Your father was an only child and he never married. The only person he truly wanted to be happy and inherit everything he’s worked hard for…is you.”

“But he never knew me.” I spoke softly, my voice cracking slightly.

“He knew your mother would raise you right. He regretted running away every day, Lindsey.” He said, flipping another page in the packet before pointing toward the bottom. “I’m truly sorry to hear about your mother. I’ve talked to her a few times regarding Jackson but she would always refuse seeing him so she could protect you. She was a very independent woman.” he spoke, and I felt my eyes grow wet.

“Thank you.” I muttered, staring down at the ink at the bottom of the page. Several commas and zeros filled my vision and I looked over at Danny before meeting Jonathan’s gaze. “This is mine?” I whispered, and he nodded softly.

“It is yours. You will not be able to receive the full amount until your twenty-first birthday but you are allowed monthly allowances. But if you do need anything, you have my card, and I will make the arrangement for you. Your father has entrusted me to use my best judgment when his money was to be handed over to you. I’ve heard from your aunt that you are a very independent and trustworthy woman, and I have nothing to say otherwise.” He smiled softly at me and I nodded, looking down at the manila folder, holding my entire future.

“Thank you.” I muttered, running a hand through my hair. He pushed the folder closer to me before standing.

“I have a copy of that in my office so you are free to keep it to look through. I will gladly answer any questions you have regarding your father’s finances. If you have them, just give me a call.” He spoke, grabbing his briefcase and continuing toward the door. I followed him, holding the folder tightly in my hands.

“You had said that you’ve tried to contact me before?” I asked, catching him before he opened the door. He turned to me, nodding softly.

“After your father’s death, I called your mother to see if I would be able to inform you about his Will but she refused any contact from him. Your aunt as well. I was not going to give up, considering you have every single right to his Will so when I found out you were living with your aunt, I decided to stop by.” He said. I nodded slowly. “Do you have any other questions before I leave?”

“No,” I answered, looking down at the folder in shock.

“Feel free to call me if you do.” He grasped the door handle and pulled it open, stepping out with a faint smile. “It was a pleasure to finally meet you, Lindsey. Take care of yourself.” He spoke before he turned and walked down the driveway toward a small, shiny, black car perched on the curb. He pulled away slowly and I turned to Danny.

“You okay?” Danny asked, running his hand through my straight hair. I nodded softly, taking a deep breath and looking down at the folder filled with document after document.

“Just a little overwhelmed.” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lindsey's Outfit

Sorry it's taken FOREVER! :/ but because i've taken soooooo long, here's a lonnng one to go with itt! Tell me what youu guys think :)