Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

I Need To Go

“Lindsey!” I jumped at the sound of my name, my feet planted at the bottom of the stairs. Danny bumped into me and I stumbled, his arms wrapping around my waist to catch me from falling. It had only been 5 minutes since Jonathan pulled out onto the street, the house falling quiet. After grabbing my purse from my bedroom, Danny and I were getting ready to leave when the door flew open. “There you are!” Jenn exclaimed, and my eyebrows shot up as she pulled me into a hug. “Danny said he’d pick you up yesterday but that’s the last thing he told me!” Jenn exclaimed, stepping back and holding me at arms length. “Are you okay?” She whispered, and I nodded slowly.

“I’m okay.” I whispered, nodding slowly. “Sorry I snapped at you yesterday on the phone. I was really upset-”

“Don’t even worry, Linds. I understand.” She nodded, smiling softly. Grabbing my hand, she pulled me up the stairs. Furrowing my eyebrows, I grabbed Danny’s hand too. She pulled us into her bedroom before turning me toward her wardrobe. “Are you excited for this weekend?” Jenn grinned. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“What’s this weekend?”

“You didn’t ask her?” Jenn accused in a hush tone, looking at Danny with raised eyebrows. Danny shook his head, glaring at Jenn. We took a seat on her bed as she played around with her phone.

“I haven’t gotten the chance yet, actually.” He muttered, shaking his head. I looked over at the two, my eyebrows still furrowed as I stared.

“Do I get to know what you two are talking about?” I asked, causing the both of them to turn to me. Danny’s cheeks rose up in a small smile, a tint of pink showing. Jenn just grinned, walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

“Well, why don’t I just ask you now, then, since Jenn brought it up?” He raised his voice before he glared once again in Jenn’s direction before turning to me. “There’s an after party for another band this weekend and McFly is expected to go. Everyone in our record label will be there. Go with me?” He smiled gently, waiting for me to answer. I bit my lip, smiling softly as I nodded.

“Shit,” Jenn muttered, stepping out of the bathroom quickly. “My mum’s home…” She muttered, and I felt my eyes grow wide. Turning to Danny, I sighed and shook my head. Jenn started cleaning her room, muttering curse words under her breath. “She’s really angry that you disappeared yesterday and last night. So, she’s going to go all mental when she sees you home.” Jenn muttered, running her hands through her hair. I looked over at Danny again,

“You might want to try to escape before she comes up those stairs…it’s about to get ugly.” I muttered, and just as I finished speaking, the front door opened and slammed shut. I flinched, as well as Jenn, but Danny just stood up, placing his hand in mine.

“I told you I’m here for you, Linds.” He muttered, causing me to smile up at him. Nodding, I walked out into the hallway just as Aunt Janette came up the stairs. At least I wasn’t running.

“Where in God’s name have you been!? I have been calling your phone all day! You better have a logical explanation.” Immediately, she stepped in my face. I felt my expression drop from my face and I stepped back, bumping into Danny’s broad chest. Instantly, he grabbed my hand.

“I dropped my phone into a puddle so it’s fried.” I muttered, looking down at the floor. “I would have called from Danny’s phone but I was really upset-” She cut me off, her eyes going hard as she raised her hand, pointing her finger in my face.

“That is no excuse.” She spat, causing me to grip Danny’s hand tighter. I felt my anger grow as she glared at me. “I have been worried sick about you-” Jenn cut her off, stepping around Danny’s large frame.

“Worried sick my ass! You didn’t even know she hadn’t come home last night until this morning when I mentioned it! Now stop, mum. Her mother’s birthday was yesterday. Give her a break.” Jenn shouted, catching Aunt Janette’s attention.

“She was my sister too.” Aunt Janette spat, and I just huffed. I smacked her hand down and she looked at me incredulously.

“Stop yelling at me!” I screamed, causing her to take a frightened step back. “I’m aware she was your sister! Just as aware as I am that she was my mother, too! So stop! Stop freaking out and just listen for once!” My voice echoed around us and I took a staggered breath. “I am sorry I didn’t call. I am sorry I didn’t tell you where I was. And I am sorry I made you worried! But I was upset and Danny picked me up and brought me back to his place so I could get warm and I fell asleep-” She cut me off, her bottom lip clenched between her teeth.

“You fell asleep at his house.” She stated, causing me to nod softly. “Do you know how irresponsible-”

“I’m not a child, Aunt Janette.” I muttered, causing her eyes to grow wide.

“But you are acting like one. I care about you-” Instantly, I thought back to the information Jonathan had told me earlier. Realization hit me as I put all of the pieces together. My father was driving the vehicle that hit Rose; he was the unconscious body that was lying right beside her; he passed away before my mother was diagnosed with cancer; Aunt Janette knew all about my father; which means, if she told me about him, I could have afforded my mother’s doctor bills. My hand dropped Danny’s and I brought it up to my mouth.

“Lindsey?” Danny whispered, and I turned to him, my eyes wide. His eyes searched mine and I watched realization hit him too. If she told me about my father and his money, my mother might have still been here. I turned back to Aunt Janette and I felt the tears fill my eyes. “Don’t.” Danny whispered, but I just shook my head. Shoving past my aunt, I headed toward the stairs.

“Where are you-” Aunt Janette started, grabbing my arm. But I just ripped it out of her grasp, turning toward her with burning eyes.

“Don’t. Touch. Me.” I spat, and I watched all three pairs of eyes grow twice in size. Both Jenn and Danny stepped toward me, but I just help my hand up. Looking straight into Aunt Janette’s eyes, I let my mouth do the talking. “I know about my father. I know what you’ve been hiding.” I whispered, and her mouth dropped opened. Turning, I stumbled down the stairs, Danny and Jenn hot on my tail.

“What do you know?” Aunt Janette shouted, standing at the top of the stairs as I got to the bottom. I turned fast, nearly loosing my balance. Her eyes were the size of saucers and mine were just the same. Danny and Jenn moved out of the way as I met my aunt in the middle.

“Everything. He had been looking for me since birth, and you and my mother kept sending him away. He was trying to find me when my best friend hit his car head on-” Her hand flew up to her mouth and she stumbled toward the railing. “His lawyer found me and now I know everything. He saved up all of his money and he left it with me. I could have afforded my mother’s doctor bills, Aunt Janette. If you could have just told me he was looking for me, my mother-” She cut me off.

“I was just trying to protect you!” She sobbed, slipping down the stair’s railing. She sat on the stairs and her head fell into her hands, but I just watched her, the tears in my eyes slipping down my cheeks. “Mary tol-told me I could never, ever let him contact you. Sh-she told me to watch over you and pro-protect you.” She whispered, shaking behind her small hands. “I was just trying to do as she wanted; honest. I didn’t know he-he left you with all of his money. I didn’t know, Lindsey.” She whispered, and I fell to my knees in front of her. “I am so-so sorry, Lindsey. I am so sorry.” I was still angry, but she was so upset that I couldn’t just let her sit there. Wrapping my arms around her, I placed my head on hers and she sobbed into my shoulder.

“I need to go. I can’t stay here anymore.” I whispered, slipping out of her grasp. Her hands covered her mouth and she sobbed loudly. Shaking my head, I stepped down to the landing and I heard her sob loudly behind me. Instantly, Jenn jumped up and sat with her mother, hugging her tight as my aunt cried. Looking over at me, Jenn smiled sadly.

“I have her from here. I’ll come over to Dan’s later, okay?” Jenn whispered, and I nodded sadly. Danny grabbed my hand and pulled me out the front door, closing it tight behind us. I didn’t even get out to the walkway before Danny wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight to his chest. Closing my eyes tight, I hugged him back.

“You can stay with me, Linds.” He whispered, placing his lips on the top of my head. Nodding softly, I smiled into his chest.

“Thank you, Danny.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how i feel about this one....eh, lets see what youu guys think :)
Thank you everyone so far that has commented!! it means alot! :) i love knowing that there are actually people out there that are reading this and that they actually like it!! :) please keep reading!
comments make me write fassstterrr!
x