Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Breathe

“Thank you for letting me stay here, Danny.” I whispered, sighing softly as I placed the bag filled with my clothes in his living room. A yawn escaped my lips considering it was close to midnight. “I’ll start looking for a place next week.” After we went to the studio to meet his mates so they could practice some new songs, I met Jenn back at the house to pick up all of my clothes so I could spend a few nights away from my aunt. Danny stressed on the way back to his flat that I could stay as long as I liked, but I didn’t want to intrude.

“No worries, love. I’ve told you numerous times that it doesn’t matter how long you stay. My door’s always open.” He spoke softly, grabbing my bag and bringing it to his room. Furrowing my eyebrows, I pointed toward the guest room as he emerged a few moments later. Shaking his head, Danny answered my unspoken question. “I’m getting the sheets dry-cleaned.” He shrugged, and I felt my cheeks grow warm. Butterflies filled my stomach and I quickly cleared my throat.

“Then I’m going to get changed for bed.” I spoke softly, walking into Danny’s bedroom and closing the door tight behind me. Leaning on the thin door, I let out a soft sigh as I got my act together. Quickly, I changed into a pair of pajama shorts and a t-shirt before I took another deep breath, pulling my hair into a messy bun. “Relax, breathe,” I whispered to myself, the butterflies in my stomach going crazy. “You don’t like him. You just think he’s sweet, sensitive, caring, attractive, beautiful, and thoughtful- shit. I like him.” I whispered to myself, running my hands along my face. Biting my lip, I took another deep breath.

Quickly pulling his bedroom door open, I stepped out and felt my body collide with the very person my mind was dreaming about. A small squeal left my lips as Danny’s arms wrapped around me, catching my shaky legs. Our faces were centimeters apart and I felt a blush shade me cheeks. Smooth, Lindsey. Real smooth. I looked away to try and hide my embarrassment.

“You alright? I thought I heard you talking to yourself?” He spoke softly, looking down at me with his crystal blue eyes. Nearly hypnotized, I looked up at him and our eyes locked. All of the breath left my lungs and I was left speechless. He still had his arms wrapped tight around me and I had my hands placed on his upper-chest, his heart beating repeatedly into my right palm. “Lindsey?” Danny chuckled, and I quickly looked away, realizing I was looking at his lips.

“I, I’m okay.” I muttered, stepping out of his tight hold. “You can get dressed. I’ll just grab a glass of water and then I’ll be going to sleep.” I spoke softly, clearing my throat before I quickly walked toward his kitchen. Shaking my head, I leaned on the counter as I heard his bedroom door close. “Breathe.” I muttered to myself, closing my eyes softly.

*`*

“Do I have to wear that?” I muttered, running my hands along the thin material lying on Danny’s bed. Jenn grinned from beside me, holding her dress tight to her chest. I looked down at the small dress and felt my hands shake. I don’t do dresses.

“Oh come on, Linds. I picked that out just for you! I know for a fact that you are two sizes smaller than me, so it will fit you. Besides, my mum bought it, so don’t feel guilty.” Jenn giggled, swaying side to side with her dress in her hands. “And I know Danny is going to drool the second he sees you in it. Trust me.” She stated, raising her eyebrows at me. Blushing, I shook my head as I picked up the turquoise dress. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at the mention of his name.

“Is that supposed to make this whole ‘wearing a dress’ thing better?” I muttered, running a hand through my straight hair. Jenn huffed loudly, placing her left hand on her waist as she scowled at me.

“Are you trying to tell me that you don’t like a certain someone changing across the hall?” She asked, raising her eyebrows. I shook my head, looking down as I played around with the materials in my hands. Trying to hide the small smile forming on my lips, I shook my head again. “Oh come on. You have been staying here since you got in that fight with my mum. And I know for a fact that you haven’t been sleeping in his guest room.” She stated, pointing toward the small duffle bag lying on the floor beside his bureau, a few articles of my clothing lying beside it. Shrugging, I ran a hand through my hair once more as I felt my cheeks flush.

“What? He told me he’s getting the guest bed’s sheets dry-cleaned…” I shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. Jenn huffed, falling back on Danny’s queen sized bed.

“Oh man, what a coincidence!” She exclaimed, and I just shook my head at her.

“Oh shut up,” I scowled, pulling my t-shirt over my head. “How long until we leave?” I asked, turning my back to her as I pulled my pants down and pulled the dress over my head.

“We have an hour,” she stated, pulling her dress on as well. “How long is it going to take for you two to realize that you both like each other? I mean, you have a connection that I’ve never seen and the way he looks at you… I just can’t believe he hasn’t asked you out yet.” She shrugged, and I felt my face grow warm. Running my hands along the dress, I turned and Jenn gave me a pointed glare. “He has, hasn’t he?” she asked, and I nodded sullenly.

“Uh, twice. We are going out tomorrow night, actually.” I muttered, and Jenn let out a muffled scream, her hands covering her mouth. Turning to her, I shook my head. “I don’t want to talk about this anymore, yeah? Can we just get ready? Please?” I muttered, letting out a loud sigh.

“We’ll talk about this later, then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of short...and just a filler! tell me what you guys think!! more soon :)
x