Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Therapists and Interviews

“Good morning, Lindsey.” Dr. Jones greeted, smiling at me softly as I stood from the waiting room a week later. I smiled back before I took a step into her room, turning to her as she closed the door behind her.

“I hope it’s alright I changed our appointment to 10 this morning instead of 12.” I spoke and she just shook her head, waving me off.

“No worries. We missed our last few appointments so this is perfectly fine. Take a seat and we can get started.” I nodded and sat down in the same seat as usual. She sat across from me and just smiled, waiting for me to speak. I cleared my throat before I ran a hand through the soft curls from last night. I didn’t exactly have time to wash my hair this morning since I changed the time of my therapist appointment this morning to sooner. “So how has everything been?” She spoke, holding her clipboard in her lap. I took another breath and sighed.

“I told him.” I whispered, and Dr. Jones sat up straight, her eyebrows raised. “Danny. I had an incident on my mother’s birthday and I went to see her at the cemetery and I had a mental breakdown. Danny showed up in the pouring rain to find me…” and so I told her everything. I told her about Danny coming to get me at the cemetery, telling him about my mother and best friend, along with my disorders and his reaction to it all. I also told her about my encounter with my father’s lawyer; Jonathan, the fight I had with my aunt, spending the past week at Danny’s apartment, the after party we went to, and then our kiss. “He bought me this.” I held up my wrist and the beautiful bracelet sparkled. “I lost my other Breast Cancer bracelet at the cemetery and he remember. He remembered it represented my mum and he bought me a new one.” I continued to tell her, with very limited detail, that we kissed and went on our first date.

“It looks to me that he’s helping you.” She whispered, and I nodded softly. “My son is a very persistent boy and it looks to me that you two fit together perfectly. You need help with your anxiety and he knows how to open you up and show him exactly what’s wrong. He’s always been very helpful like that.” She smiled softly at me and I returned it. “I have seen an incredible improvement in everything with you, Lindsey. Seriously. You seem more independent, outgoing, and happy.” She concluded and I sighed softly.

“I feel happy.” I whispered, and she grinned back at me. “And this might be inappropriate, but I’m in love with your son.”

*`*

“So, Tom’s engaged, Dougie’s been in a relationship for a little over a year, and Danny’s now single. Harry, any update?” I sat back against Harry’s couch, looking toward Jenn as she grinned at the television. The lads were out at a live interview, leaving the four of us girls alone as we watched from in front of the television. Jenn was sitting beside me, leaving Gio and Emily to occupy the other couch. I had gotten back from my therapist session just a few moments ago, taking a seat just as the interview started.

“Actually, I’ve got myself a bird; her name’s Jenn.” Harry said, sitting forward with a happy smile on her face. “She’s excellent. Actually, she’s the cousin of Danny’s bird.” Jenn looked over at me and her mouth dropped open.

“You never told me that you and Danny were official!” She exclaimed, and I just grinned, turning back to the television. Literally the moment we got back from our date last week, Jenn wanted to know everything. All I told her was that I had a really nice time. Only because Danny had told me that he was going to tell everyone in the interview, so I wanted to see her reaction this way. And boy was it worth it. “I hate you.” She muttered, but there was a small smile on her lips.

“Danny Jones; a bird already!? We’ve seen plenty of photos but we never thought that you’d spring up that fast, especially after your nasty break up with Rachel.” The interviewer exclaimed, and I scowled at the screen. It’s been weeks since their breakup. Everyone needs to get over it. Danny sat forward on the large couch, Harry on his left, Dougie and Tom on the other side. He grinned at the camera before looking back at the man interviewing them.

“Lindsey’s different, mate.” He spoke and the interviewer’s eyebrows rose, a smile on his face. “We’ve only been together a short while but it had nothing to do with my breakup with Rachel. I want to take this relationship slow, eh mate? We were good friends first so it means a lot to me to do it right. Can’t mess this one up, too, eh?” He joked with the interviewer and the lads laughed.

“You weren’t the one to mess up your relationship with Rachel, though. She’s the one that cheated on you. With your best mate.” You could tell the subject was hard for Danny because even looking through a television at him, I could tell his shoulders had stiffened. “Aren’t you just the least bit afraid that your new bird would do that to you, too?” My eyes nearly fell out of my face as my mouth dropped open.

“What the fuck?” Emily muttered, shaking her head angrily. Tom looked over at his friend before turning to the interviewer.

“Lindsey wouldn’t do that to Dan. They’re perfect for each other.” I felt my heart beat repeatedly in my chest, my eyes glued to the television, glued to Danny as he looked off into space. Emily, Gio, and Jenn tried to speak to me but my eyes were stuck on Danny. His eyes met the cameras for a split second and I felt like he was looking right at me. His eyes met the interviewer’s but I felt like he had seen me somehow. If he could read my expression right now…

“Nah, mate. Lindsey would never do that to me. She isn’t Rachel. She’s mine. She’s given me no reason not to trust her.” And at that very moment, my heart exploded. Literally exploded. Because he just told every single person watching him right this minute that I’m not like his ex; that I’m his. My smile couldn’t be any bigger.

“Wow, you must really like her.” The interviewer spoke, and Danny nodded, smiling softly.

“Just a little bit.” He chuckled, causing the rest of the lads to laugh loudly, smiling at Dan. “Lads, shut up.” He blushed, causing me to blush too. The girls around me all ‘aw’ed loudly and I just sighed happily.

“He just blushed on national television…” Gio giggled, which got the other two going, and I just blushed further, shaking my head. The next question caught my attention,

“Alright, enough of this mushy talk. Alright lads, everyone’s asking; when is the next tour?” I sat up further in my seat and the girls grew quiet, watching the television closely.

“Actually, since our newest album came out a few weeks back, That’s The Truth, we will be doing a two month tour around the UK, starting at the end of this month.” Tom spoke, his voice loud and clear as he looked out into the cameras. “We will be doing a total of 26 shows so watch out for the ticket releases and hopefully we’ll see you there.” The interviewer cut it to a commercial and I turned back to the girls, my eyebrows raised.

“He didn’t tell you about the tour, did he?” Jenn whispered, and I shook my head slowly. Jenn wrapped her arm around me and I sighed softly, shaking my head.

“I mean, it’s not that big of a deal. We’ve only been official for a week. It just would have been nice to know, you know?” I muttered, causing the girls to nod. I looked over at Gio and Emily and raised an eyebrow. “What do you do while they’re away?” I asked, Jenn nodding beside me. Emily smiled softly at Gio before turning to us, a small smile on her lips.

“Usually, we spend a lot of time together; you know a lot of sleepovers. But we just keep ourselves entertained with work until they get back. Dougie calls me quite a bit and texts me nearly every day so it’s not like they’re off the grid for those two months.” She nodded, and Gio smiled from beside her.

“Usually, Tom is the same way. But he calls me more than texting. Usually he calls me before every interview or show, and then right after. We know they’re away from us, but talking to them everyday usually makes it a little easier. Don’t worry, you girls have each other as well as us.” They smiled, and I felt a smile pull at my lips. “We have to stick together.” They nodded, and Jenn giggled from beside me. I smiled to myself but I still felt a pull at my heart. It’s the beginning of our relationship and he’s already going to be gone for about two months.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be in it together.”
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun duuuunnnnn. what's going to happen when Danny's on tour!? :P
i wish you guys weren't such silent readers :( i love feedback. for those of youu that have commented, i am incredibly grateful :) more soon!
x