Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Happiness

“Are you sure you have everything you need?” I turned toward Danny as he hastily threw the last few articles of clothes in his bag. I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot, a serious expression on my face. Danny looked over at me sheepishly and I felt a small smile grow on my lips.

“Yes, dear.” He mocked, sticking his tongue out at me. Raising an eyebrow, I cocked my head to the side.

“Are you sure?” I questioned, causing his eyes to wander around his room. He looked over at his bed that I had just made, then to the pile of clothes he left by the closet that I had neatly folded before he attacked it, looking for his favorite shirt. And finally his eyes settled on the mirror and his eyes met mine. A chuckle slipped past his lips and he grinned cheekily.

“The only other thing I need is you but I don’t think you’ll fit in my bag, love.” He spoke, causing me to flush. I raised an eyebrow, not giving him an answer before I pointed at the desk beside his bed. His eyes followed my finger and he nodded in understanding. “Right, my laptop. That would probably help, yeah?” We had agreed that while he was away, we would Skype each other as much as our scheduled allowed; considering we were still in the beginning of our relationship and communication is important. He quickly grabbed his laptop that was placed right beside mine before he shoved it into his laptop bag, the charging cord following right behind it. Zipping that up, he placed it on his bag that was filled with clothes before his eyes wandered around his room again. “Alright, I think that’s all I really need.” He nodded, before he made his way over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Though, I really wish I could fit you in my bag.” He whispered, kissing right below my ear. I shivered before I blushed.

“Me too.” I breathed, before I leaned up on my tip toes and connected our lips. We kissed for a few minutes before I pulled away, trying not to get carried away. He grinned at me, pecking my lips a few times before he reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. Fishing through the pockets, he pulled out a blue card and held it out to me.

“I nearly forgot, love. I’m leaving my credit card with you just incase you get bored and want to go on a shopping spree.” He grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist again. Stealthily, he slipped the card into the back pocket of my jeans as I scowled up at him.

“I’m not spending your money.” I groaned, dropping my head back. “The second you walk out that door, that credit card is being placed in your underwear drawer and it wont see the light of day until you get back, so you might as well take it back.” Reaching into my pocket, I grabbed the thin card and held it between us. “I don’t want it.” I argued, placing it back in is large hand. Rolling his eyes, Danny reached behind me and placed it on his bureau.

“I’m not going to argue with you. My money is your money now; that’s how a relationship works. Take the damn card.” He hastily placed a kiss on my lips before he pulled away and grabbed his bags. I followed him to the front door, where he dropped the bags before pulling out his phone. “I have a few minutes before the car will be here to take us to the bus.” Danny stated, turning toward me with a small frown playing on his lips. “Come here and give me some lovin’.” He held his arms out, causing me to jump in them. I wrapped my legs around his waist and buried my face into the crook of his neck, breathing in his scent. He wrapped his strong arms around my backside, holding me up.

“I’ll miss you.” I whispered, kissing his neck twice before I pulled back slightly so I could kiss his lips. “Text me and don’t forget our Skype date tonight.” I smiled shyly and he just nodded, a sad smile playing on his lips.

“Will do, love. I love you, L.” Every time I hear him say those words, I get a rush of butterflies that fill my stomach. He’s said it multiple times now but no matter what, I get this fuzzy feeling in the pit of my stomach and I end up smiling like a fool.

“I love you, too, Dan. Now get going before you miss your ride.”

“They can’t leave without me, love. I’m kind of an important.” He winked. Rolling my eyes, I pointed toward the door.

“Go.”

*`*

“The University of London? You’re serious about this?” I winced as the lady in front of me scrubbed the bottom of my heel, practically making my whole foot go numb. Jenn stared at me as if she wasn’t noticing the pain on my face. “You actually want to go to Uni? And get homework and then actually do it?” She gaped at me. Gio and Emily were sitting in the chairs on my other side and Gio just chuckled, leaning forward to look Jenn in the eye.

“I think it’s a wonderful idea. I mean, she had to drop out because of her mum and now she has the money to start up again. Besides, since she’s so serious about Danny, she’s going to need something to keep her mind off of him being away so much. It sure did help me when Tom was too busy with the band, I was able to do something that kept my mind off of missing him. So kudos to you, Lindsey,” she grinned in my direction, causing me to smile back in gratitude. The lads left this morning for tour so it left the enter day open to spending the day with the girlfriends. We had the whole day planned out; we would spend a majority of our day at the salon getting manicures and pedicures, followed by our hair cut and styled. After we were finished here, we were heading to the local shops to go shopping. A typical girl’s day.

“It’s not even set in stone. Okay, so I send in my application three weeks ago. It was just a spur of the moment thing; I haven’t even heard back yet. If they reject me, I’ll just find a job around here. I just don’t want to be that girlfriend that mooches off of her rock-star-boyfriend.” I shrugged my shoulders, causing Jenn to raise her eyebrows at me. “No offence. But hey, why don’t you apply, too? We can carpool and I know you want to major in art; they have that there. And they give out crazy generous scholarships.” I spoke softly because I know how sensitive Jenn was when it came to college. When her parents split up, all options of college went out the window considering they wouldn’t be able to afford it.

“I guess I can check it out.” A proud smile grew on my face. I nodded softly before I stared back down at the woman working on my feet. The girls began to talk around me but I just tuned them out. I was thinking about my future. If I get accepted to Uni, than that means that everything will be falling into place. I’ll have everything I’ve always wanted; a makeshift family of my best friends, a place I can actually call home, an amazing bloke that I’m lucky to call my boyfriend, being able to finish Uni; and the one thing that really matters; I’ll have my life back. It may be different than just last year, but it’s everything I could possibly want. I took a deep breath as a small smile grew on my lips. So this is what it feels like to be happy. Gio caught my attention as she sat up in the salon chair.

“Do you two have a twitter account?” Her voice rang out around us and I turned to her, furrowing my eyebrows. I nodded slowing, sharing a glance with Jenn before looking between Gio and Emily.

“I haven’t been on my account for weeks, though. Why?” My voice was quiet and I was dreading to hear what Gio had to say.

“Delete it. I’m serious.” Emily nodded softly and I felt my eyebrows pull together. “You girls are dating one half of McFly; I’m just trying to warn you. Whatever anyone says on there, to you or about you, none of it is true. Don’t take anything their fans say serious. They’re just jealous little girls.”

*`*

I was lying across Danny’s bed the following night, my laptop opened in front of me as my fingers flew across the keys. I was currently writing one of my many stories, my mind on autopilot while I stared at the bright screen. The whole flat was shut down and all of the lights were off, leaving me to myself as I concentrated. I had music playing in the background but I quickly hit pause as a Skype window popped up. Looking at the clock, I grinned before I answered the call. Right on time.

“Danny.” I breathed, his face popping up on my screen. His infectious grin grew and I found myself smiling right back.

“Hi,” I felt the rush of butterflies fill my stomach and I sighed happily. “It feels so weird getting in this bed and not having you right ‘ere next to me.” My smile grew as his did. He was lying on his stomach too, the webcam aimed right at his face.

“I know, I’m lonely.” I pouted, sticking out my bottom lip. Danny just chuckled, shaking his head softly. “How was the drive?” I leaned on my left arm that was behind held up by my elbow, my eyes searching his face as he smiled softly.

“It was wicked.” He stuck his tongue out. “Nah, it was quite boring, actually. Doug was talking up a storm to Harry about something he saw on the internet and Tom was taking a nap. All I did was stare out the bloody window. We got to Manchester a little while ago and Mike got us a great suite in some hotel here. We each have our own bedrooms. Hold on- What Dougie!” His accent was thick through Skype but I couldn’t help the small smile that played on my lips as he flung his hands around. I could hear Dougie’s soft voice in the background. “I don’t care what you do, Dougie! Anyways, Lindsey, we have two shows here before we make our way to Liverpool this weekend. Bloody hell, Doug, leave me the fuck alone!” Danny jumped up from the bed and he disappeared momentarily. My eyebrows shot up into my bangs before Danny’s face reappeared. “Sorry, love. Dougie won’t stop banging on the damned door. Two seconds,” his large hand filled the webcams space as he held up two fingers. Once his fingers left the screen, I was met with an empty bed and a boring, blank wall.

“God, Dan, will you leave your poor bird alone? It’s nearly midnight and you’re talking her ear off-” Dougie’s voice was cut off.

“Just spit it out, Doug. What was so bloody important that you had to interrupt?” Danny sounded mad but I could hear the humor in his voice. No matter how annoyed he got with his three best friends, he could never stay mad at them. I rested my hand on my arm as I listened to them banter back and fourth. A few minutes passed before I heard a door close and Danny’s face reappeared on the screen. “I’m back.” He stated, causing me to giggle softly.

“I see that.” Sitting up, I leaned back on the pillows and placed my laptop on my stomach. Moving my hair out of my eyes, I caught sight of Danny moving his laptop so that he was sitting up and the webcam was aimed at his face.

“What’d you do today?” And so I filled him in. I told him about our spa day, showing him my fingers and my new hair style; which was just a trim; and then I continued to tell him about the talk I had with Jenn about Uni. “Do you think she’ll really apply?” Danny’s voice was soft and I sighed softly, shrugging my shoulders.

“I hope so. I’ll probably invite her over tomorrow and I’ll show her the application online. I mean, applying couldn’t hurt, right? What could she possibly loose?” I spoke in a soft whisper and Danny leaned forward, catching my eye through the camera. I kept thinking back to what Jenn said when we got back from the spa.

“What’s the matter, Linds?” I shrugged my shoulder, leaning back on the door leading to Danny and my flat. Emily and Gio already disappeared into their flats and that just left Jenn and me standing alone in the entryway. “You were quiet for the rest of the day. You know you can tell me anything.” I shrugged my shoulders before I slowly slid down the door. I rested my head on the back of the door and Jenn sighed before she sat down beside me. Placing her hand on my knee, she gave me a questionable glance. “What?”

“I’m just thinking about what Gio said. About twitter.” I sighed again, running a hand through my tangled hair. “I haven’t been on since my old phone and I have yet to download it on this one. Have you seen what she was talking about? Is it that bad?” Jenn shrugged her shoulders softly.

“I deleted my twitter at the beginning of Harry and my relationship. I didn’t want to see what people were going to say about me.” Nodding my head, I played around with the bracelet around my wrist. “But hey, it doesn’t matter what people post on twitter or facebook; what you and Danny have is real. Forget about anyone that has something to say otherwise. Just delete your account without even looking. The less you see the better.”


“L?” I looked up at the screen as Danny whispered my name. “You were in another world. What’s on your mind?” His smile was soft but I could tell he was concerned. Taking a deep breath, I pushed my thought to the back of my mind and placed the best smile on my face that I could muster.

“I just miss you, that’s all.” I spoke softly and his smile grew.

“I miss you too, love.” I sighed at the name and a shy smile grew on my lips. I stiffened a yawn but Danny definitely noticed. “Tired?” I nodded, leaning back into the pillows. “Well than get ready for bed, I have a little something for you.” He disappeared for a moment and I grinned, pulling the covers over me and placing the laptop on Danny’s pillow. I leaned on my side and got comfy, staring at the screen, waiting for Danny to reappear. The laptop moved and it was angled toward a chair that was placed right beside the bed. Danny’s body reappeared and he took a seat, his acoustic guitar placed on his lap. Angling the webcam, our eyes met and I grinned sleepily. “All right, you ready for your first ever Skype concert?” I nodded playfully as a smile grew on my lips. “I love you, L.”

“I love you, too.” I whispered. He gave me a cheeky smile before he looked down at his fingers and he began playing ‘Not Alone.’ I closed my eyes as his deep voice filled my laptop speakers and I found myself singling along. I dropped my voice and began humming along to the music as I grew sleepier and sleepier. Danny noticed that I was slowing slipping away to my dreams and so he leaned forward and waved into the webcam, blowing me a kiss.

“Get some sleep, love. I’ll call you tomorrow.” That’s the last thing I heard before I fell into my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler.

loooovveeee.

x