Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Sadness and Pain

I sighed from my seat at the bar, rubbing a hand through my messy curls. Jenn had already broke rule number two; she ditched me to go dance with a random I groaned, dropping my head into my hands as I sighed, shaking my head slowly. “Why did I agree to this?” I whispered to myself, scratching my scalp before I sat up, looking over at the dance floor. Jenn was grinding her backside against someone tall and muscular, his lips positioned right beside her cheek, whispering sweet nothings into the girl’s ear. I bit my lip, turning back to face the bar, taking a sip of my alcohol-less drink.

“Hello beautiful,” A voice whispered into my ear and I jumped, leaning away subconsciously. The body leaned on the bar to my left, his body hovering incredibly close to me. “What’s a beautiful girl like you, doing over here all alone?” I could smell the beer on his breath as nausea run through me. This man was literally making me sick. He was speaking quietly, a hand rising to push a strand of hair behind my ear. I flinched, smacking his hand away before it could make contact with my cheek.

“I would like to be alone, thanks.” I spoke, my voice coming out rather cold. The man raised an eyebrow, reaching over to touch my hand. “Excuse me.” I said sternly, my voice rising slightly. I tugged my hand back, looking over at the man with a raised eyebrow.

“Come on, sugar.” He muttered his voice so soft that it was hardly heard over the music. I rolled my eyes dramatically, leaning forward on the bar and crossing my arms. No attention was wasted on him at that moment and the man scoffed, grabbing my arm. “Don’t ignore me-” He stopped suddenly when my head snapped to the left, looking deep into his eyes as mine grew inflamed. His hand quickly dropped from my arm and I nearly spat on him, the sour taste in my mouth. “Geez,” was all he muttered before he quickly turned and walked off. I sighed in relief before I felt the presence there again, but luckily it was my cousin instead.

“What was that all about, Linds?” Jenn giggled, having to hold onto the bar for support. I looked over, shrugging my shoulders meekly. “He was cute! Why’d you push him away, Linny?” Jenn tipped her head to the side, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

“He was a sleaze and he was drunk,” I muttered, shrugging my shoulders once mpre. Jenn nodded slowly before she looked behind her, a giggle falling from her lips. I followed my cousin’s vision and saw the same guy that she was grinding on walking over. He wrapped his arms around Jenn’s waist and she giggled, leaning into his chest. Raising an eyebrow, I cleared my throat.

“Harry, this is my cousin Lindsey. Linds, this is Harry. He’s a drummer!” Jenn giggled and the man, Harry, smiled over at me, nodding a hello. He looked nice enough. “I’m gonna go dance, k?” She said to me before she quickly stood, grabbing the blokes hand and pulling him back to the dance floor. I turned back to face the bar, rubbing my left hand across my face with a soft sigh. My head was starting to pound and so Ishe stood up and grabbed my clutch, walking swiftly to the door. The fresh air hit my face and I sighed happily, rubbing my chin before I shrugged and took a seat on the ground a little ways away from the door of the club, my back leaning on the wall.

“No, damn it, Rachel! Just…whatever.” I looked up as a man walked out of the club, his cell phone placed tight to his ear. “Don’t act dumb, Rachel. I’m not blind,” He muttered, running his hand through his short cut hair. He paced in front of the club, his heart racing as the girl on the other line sobbed loudly. “I saw you and David, okay? I know you’ve been cheating on me. Just leave me alone, okay?” He grunted loudly, running his free hand through his hair again. “No, we’re done. Finished. Why don’t you go cry to David?” He brought the phone away from his ear and shoved it into his pocket, his anger getting the best of him as he kicked the trashcan by the street.

“Shit,” The noise caused me to jump, swearing quietly in shock; causing the mystery man to spin around quickly, finally noticing me leaning on the club’s brick wall. He jumped, cursing to himself as he watched me look away from him, suddenly interested in my shirt.

“Sorry, I-” he paused, not sure where to go from there. Shrugging, he gestured to the ground beside me, silently asking if he could take a seat. I shrugged, wordlessly telling the stranger I didn’t care if he took a seat or not. I immediately recognized him from earlier this morning, at my therapists’ office. What did Dr. Jones call him again? Darren? Drake? Oh, that’s right, Danny. Her son. He took a seat silently, raising his knees so that they were bent in front of him, his arms lying loosely on them.

“I didn’t mean to frighten you,” I muttered from beside him. Danny looked over at me in shock. He smiled softly, offering his hand.

“I believe I was the one to frighten you, love. I’m Danny,” He said, his hand still raised. I looked at it skeptically but shook it softly anyways. He sighed, dropping his hands into his lap as he leaned his head against the wall. “Sorry you had to hear all that. I just caught my girlfriend cheatin’ on me with one of my mates this mornin’. She was tryin’ to apologize but I wasn’t havin’ it, no.” Danny shook his head before he turned to me, chuckling to himself. “And you don’t care, sorry love.” I looked over before I shook my head, playing with my fingers.

“No, I’m sorry. I was listening, I’m just…uh,” I stopped myself, shrugging my shoulders softly before sighing. I looked down at my lap and frowned, my lips feeling chapped all of a sudden.

“Why aren’t you in there havin’ fun?” Danny asked, trying to catch my attention. I shook my head, looking up at the dark sky as I bit my lip, shrugging.

“I don’t usually go to clubs. I’m just here because my cousin wasn’t going to be able to go unless I tagged along.” I found myself shrugging again, looking over at the man beside my. His blue eyes were looking cautiously into mine, my brown eyes sad and hurt. I felt him looking into my clouded eyes, the pain so obvious that anyone would notice that I wasn’t happy. Danny’s smile fell instantly.

“That’s very nice of you to do for your cousin; but what do you get from it?” He asked my softly, and I shrugged.

“I just get to get out of the house for once.” I whispered, looking over at him silently. He looked taken back, not sure of what to say. “We’re not particularly close; I just help her from time to time so she’s happy.” I nodded, looking down at my wrists. They were scarred, the soft lines shining in the moonlight as I flicked my wrists from side to side. I noticed Danny’s eyes on my so I dropped my hands, placing them on the cement. Looking up, I noticed Danny’s eyes focused on where my wrists were.

“What about you?” He whispered, and I furrowed my eyebrows. He looked up, raising one eyebrow. “Why don’t you get to be happy?” He muttered and I bit my lip, looking over at the club doors as they opened, Jenn stumbling out with Harry’s arm wrapped around her waist. I looked over at Danny, shrugging sadly before I stood up, brushing off my dirty jeans.

“What’s the point of trying if it’ll never happen? It was nice meeting you, Danny.” I muttered before I waved softly at him, walking toward my cousin and quickly taking her from Harry’s grasp. “I got her, thanks.” I muttered, Jenn’s body now leaned completely on me. I felt Danny’s eyes on me as I practically carry my cousin toward my car before I pushed her into the back seat, walking toward the driver’s side. I backed out of my spot and drove off down the road.

Danny’s POV

I watched in wonder, her sad, pained eyes mirroring in my mind again as she sped off down the road. Something hurt that girl so bad that she doesn’t even crack a smile. Her eyes were so clouded, so pained at she couldn’t even look me in the eye. I stoop up quickly and walked toward my band mate, clapping a hand on his shoulder as he pulled out his phone, sending a text to the girl’s cousin. I never even got her name. But that’s not important; something’s wrong with her.

And for some weird reason, I made it my goal to find out what.
♠ ♠ ♠
annnndd they meeet.
i know, i changed the name of the storyy! :/ i feel like this title fits a lot more in the future ;) how do you like it so far? feedback is lovely!
read,comment,subscribe
x