Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Getting Out Of The House

“What are you doing today?” I flipped over in my bed, bringing my duvet over my head as my bedroom light was turned on. I groaned loudly, burying myself deeper into my mattress. Just as I thought I was left alone, my blanket was yanked off of me and I was left sprawled out on my bed, shivering. “Its passed noon and you’re still sleeping?” Finally opening my eyes, I looked up at my cousin with my eyebrows raised.

“Usually I’m asking you that question.” I groaned, sitting up as I rubbed the tiredness from my eyes. It’s been a few days since the night we went to the club, and just last night, Jenn had gone again; me tagging along once more. Though this time, we were only there for 3 hours because Jenn wanted to go home because no one interesting was there. Jenn took a seat beside me, running her hand through her dirty blond hair. “How’s your hangover?” I muttered, looking over at Jenn with a raised eyebrow. Jenn looked over at me, and if looks could kill, I would be on my deathbed. “Hey, I remember ordering you water after your sixth drink. It’s not my fault after that point.” I muttered, standing up and stretching. Jenn scowled, flopping backwards on the bed.

“Can you do me a favor?” Jenn muttered, looking over at me with her famous puppy-dog eyes. I looked over, raising an eyebrow as I stepped into my large closet, closing the door slightly so I could change. Pulling on a pair of skinny jeans, I popped my head past the door, looking over at my cousin.

“What’s it this time? Because I am not going to a club again.” I muttered before I slipped on my t-shirt, grabbing my flats by the door. I stepped out of my closet and looked at myself in the mirror, trying to put my hair in a loose ponytail.

“I was just wondering if you could, I don’t know, drop me off at the restaurant down the street…” Jenn muttered, looking over at me through the mirror. I raised an eyebrow, letting my hair fall flat down my back. I had taken a shower last night after I put Jenn to bed and my hair had dried straight, no curl visible. “Please? Harry texted me this morning and asked me out to lunch.” She gave me an innocent smile, sitting up straight.

“And what’s wrong with your car?” I asked after I applied a thin line of eyeliner on the top of my eyes, finishing them off with mascara. I took a seat beside her and raised an eyebrow, waiting to hear her answer.

“Well, mum would totally flip if she found out I was going out on a date with someone that’s 6 years older than me, so I told her that we were going to the mall. Please, Linds!” She begged, sticking out her bottom lip as she batted her eyelashes.

“Jenn, he’s 25 and you kept ranting last night that he’s in a band. This isn’t a good idea.” I whispered, nudging Jenn’s shoulder. Jenn sighed, looking up at me. In the past few weeks, we have grown pretty close and I like it. Jenn always told her that ever since graduation, all of her friends moved on to bigger and better things but she had to stay home because her father was leaving, so they had no money for college. All of the people she thought were her friends laughed at her, telling her she was useless and poor. It truly hurt her that all of her friends turned on her, but the month she found out her aunt was moving in with her cousin; her aunt dying of cancer; Jenn immediately changed her attitude. I needed a friend just as much as she did.

“Linds, please! He is in a band. They’re famous. McFly. I will never get an opportunity like this again! I’ll just go on this date to figure him out! Honest! I won’t jump him or anything. Just this once, please.” I rolled my eyes, nodding my head slowly. Anything to get out of the house. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” Jenn giggled, hugging me tight. I stiffened, my arms staying at my sides as Jenn bounced, giggling loudly. “Hey, I can totally introduce you to one of his friends, too! I can picture it now! Jenn Stuck and Lindsey Greene, Dating the Biggest Band Since The Beatles! Shit, we’ll be on the cover of every magazine!” Jenn jumped back, giggling loudly as she ran into her room. With a roll of my eyes, I sighed.

“I think I’ll pass!” I shouted after her.

*`*

“Are you sure this is where he told you to meet him?” I muttered, pulling up to a huge restaurant. Jenn nodded; looking down at her phone again to make sure she got the name right. “Well, it looks rather expensive.” I said and Jenn nodded eagerly, looking at me with a grin.

“He is famous, Lindsey. Oh my god, he’s probably rich. Whoa-” She exclaimed and I shook my head, pulling my car into the parking lot and parking. I looked across the street and saw a cute little coffee shop and so I sighed, turning toward my cousin. She was still talking. “-what if we get married!? I’ll be rich too! Oh man, I could buy anything.” She gushed and I nudged her shoulder, getting here attention. She looked over at me, stopping her mini rant.

“Listen, have fun, alright? Keep your phone on you. I’ll be across the street at that coffee shop until you’re done, yeah?” I spoke, pointing toward the coffee shop I had seen a second ago. Jenn nodded eagerly, jumping out of the car.

“Bye!” She exclaimed, running toward the restaurant. With a small sigh, I grabbed my purse and slammed my door shut, making my way across the street. I opened the door to the small café and I instantly smelled the aroma of pure coffee. I sighed happily, walking up to the counter to order my drink. I waited behind a few people, fumbling with my fingers as I waited patiently. I recognized the bloke two people in front of me, though I couldn’t put a name to him considering he had a beanie on his head and a dark shaded sunglasses. Shaking my head, I averted my eyes as he turned to wait for his drink. After a few minutes, it was my turn to order.

“What can I get you?” The cashier asked and I looked up, her small smile seeming very familiar to me. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at her quizzically as I tried to rack my brain. How do I know her?

“I’ll have a medium ice Carmel Swirl, please. Extra cream, extra sugar.” I spoke and she nodded, typing it into her computer. I handed over some cash before she told me she’d bring it over to me when it’s ready. Taking the only vacant table in the café, I sat in the small booth in the corner right beside the window, leaving the seat in front of me open. I placed my purse in between the wall and myself before I placed my elbows on the table, balancing my chin on my folded hands. My eyes closed and I sighed, enjoying the quiet for a few moments. Hearing shuffling in front of me, my eyes shuttered opened and I turned my head, my brown eyes looking into the same pair of shaded sunglasses I had seen earlier.

“Do you mind if I sit? I’m waiting for my mate and there’s no other table open,” He spoke, and I nodded softly. He shifted to look down at his phone before looking back up at me again. “Oh, I remember you. From the club,” he nodded and I nodded as well, remembering him as well.

“Danny, right?” I asked and he nodded before I turned to look out the window again. An awkward silence fell between us and I looked over at him, noticing he had taken his sunglasses off and placed them on the table if front of him. His blue eyes pierced through mine and I felt a shiver run through me.

“I never caught your name, actually.” Just as I was about to say something, the girl from the counter stepped in front of us, holding an ice coffee in each hand.

“Lindsey Greene, right?” The girl asked, giving me a genuine smile. I nodded softly with a raised eyebrow, taking my drink from her hand. She’s probably a year or so younger than me, her smock hanging loosely around her thin waist. I popped the cap off of my cup and stirred the coffee, mixing the sugar and cream. “I’m Sophie. Sophie Gerry. I sat with you and your best friend at lunch; I grew up with her. Rose.” At the mention of my best friend’s name, my hands froze and my eyes grew wide, looking up at Sophie with a slightly opened mouth. No one has spoken about her to me since my birthday. She bit her lip, smiling softly at me.

“Right, nice to see you again, Sophie.” I whispered, nodding my hello. I kept me eyes focused on the coffee, avoiding the two pairs of eyes looking my way.

“Have you talked with her mum lately? She calls me every now and then. She’s still shaken up.” Sophie whispered, leaning down softly to look me in the eye. I looked up, my eyes rather glossy as I shrugged.

“I haven’t gotten the chance to give her a call, no.” I muttered, and Sophie’s eyes grew wide. I looked away as the realization hit her. Danny was looking at me with rather intense eyes and I shrugged my shoulders, playing around with my bracelet.

“No, I completely understand, Lindsey. She told me about your mum-” I raised my hand, stopping her mid sentence. I don’t care if I came off rather rude, I didn’t want to talk about it. She shut her mouth immediately and I noticed the blush fall atop her cheeks as she looked across me and at Danny. “Wait, you’re Danny Jones.” She muttered and I raised an eyebrow. Oh right, he’s in a band. He’s famous. “Could I get your autograph?” She whispered, holding out a napkin. I looked up at him and his eyes were still on mine.

“Sure,” Danny muttered, turning his attention to Sophie. He smiled softly as he scribbled something on the napkin, handing it back to her with a sincere smile. “Here ya go, Sophie, love.” He spoke so softly that her cheeks grew flamed again and I rolled my eyes, looking down at my coffee before I grabbed my purse. They both turned to me as I stood and I looked over at Sophie with an emotionless expression.

“It was nice seeing you, Sophie. Danny.” I turned quickly with my ice coffee in hand and I made my way out the front doors, the bell jingling behind me. I made my way down the sidewalk before I heard a quick pace behind me, causing me to turn quickly to see Danny running after me. He stopped right in front of me, his free hand digging into his pocket as he held his coffee in the other. “Hi?” I asked, cocking my head to the side. He let out a soft chuckle before he scratched the back of his neck.

“Lindsey, right?” He asked, and I nodded my head. Honestly, I just wanted to know why he came after me. “Alright, well, my mate Harry is out with your cousin Jenn right now and she mentioned that you were dropping her off. So I was wondering if you wanted to come back to mine for a little while? Harry lives right next door to me.” I raised an eyebrow as he flashed me a hopeful smile. Did he just invite me back to his place?

“Why?” I muttered, catching him off guard. He shrugged, taking a sip of his ice coffee.

“You did say you wanted to get out of the house for once. Just come over, Jenn and Harry will be done soon. We can hangout with them too.” Just as I was about to speak, I heard my cell phone go off in my pocket. Sighing softly, I held a finger up to Danny.

“Hold on.” Fishing my phone out of my pocket, I read the caller ID and sighed, seeing my cousin’s name flash across the screen. “Hello?” I muttered, turning my back to Danny as I heard Jenn’s giggling on the other line.

“Lindsey, hey. Uhm, I’m going over Harry’s. He said something about finding his mate, where are you?” I looked up at Danny to see him talking on the phone, running a hand through his hair. He turned to me and smiled, though I didn’t return it. “I doubt she’s with him, wait, really?” I heard Jenn mutter to Harry and she chuckled, gaining my attention.

“Yeah, he’s right here.” I muttered and Danny slipped his phone into his pocket, turning to me again. He smiled softly and sipped his drink.

“Great, then we can just meet at Danny’s. See you there!” She quickly hung up and I stared at the phone dumbfound. Considering my choice was already made up, I turned to Danny as I pushed my phone into my back pocket.

“Let’s go.” I muttered, gesturing him to walk.

“Alright, I’ll drive. We can pick your car up later.” He shrugged, motioning me to follow him. I rolled my eyes before sighing, following his lead.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D what willl happpeennn?
read,comment,subscribe
x