Status: Updating as much as possible :)

I'll Be Okay

Accepted

“Jennifer Stuck!” Emily exclaimed two weeks later, covering her ears. Her eyes were the size of saucers and Jenn was cracking up. I turned toward Gio before I just raised my hands, walking backwards toward the flat.

“I didn’t hear that!” I shouted, shaking my head. “I’m blocking that from my brain for the rest of my life. Yep, I didn’t hear a THING.” I brought out my set of keys, unlocking the door to the flat as I giggled. “Jenn. What the hell.” I giggled, causing the other three to giggle as well. A smile was spread across my face as I looked over my shoulder at my best friends. “See you girls later? Dinner at mine?” I got numerous ‘yes please’s as I closed the door tight. Tossing my bag onto the counter in the kitchen, I pulled out the mail from under my arm and placed that beside it. My phone went off at that moment, my screen lighting up in my hand.

From: Danny
11 October 2011 4:23
Boring day for us, love. No shows, no interviews. You?

To: Danny
11 October 2011 4:24
Just having dinner with the girls. Miss you

From: Danny
11 October 2011 4:24
I miss you, too, L. Still haven’t heard back?

To: Danny
11 October 2011 4:25
Nothing : (


I slipped my phone into my back pocket before I grabbed my bag. But when I grabbed my bag, it skimmed over the mail and a large envelope stuck out. A few weeks back, I ended up forwarding my address so all of my mail was to be sent here. So far I haven’t gotten much, just some junk mail; but the envelope that I was staring at had the University of London logo printed in the corner and my name in the middle. My heart stopped and I just stared at it, my eyes wide and my mouth hung open. I attentively picked it up, flipping it back and forth in my hands. It looked pretty thick, but not thick enough for me to be positive I got in.

“Oh my god.” I whisper/shouted. And without even thinking about it, I sat at the kitchen table in front of my laptop and logged onto Skype. I found Danny’s name and clicked on it over and over until the box popped up. He must have been using his mobile because the first view I got was of his hand, trying to turn the camera to aim at his face.

“Everything all right, love?” Danny greeted me, a concerned look on his features as soon as he got the camera situated. I probably looked like I was going to cry because I was so nervous. Without saying a word, I held up the envelope and let it cover my face. “Uni!? Did you open it!? What’d it say!? When do you start!?” Danny rushed his words out, and I just pulled the envelope down and bit my lip.

“I just found it. I have yet to open it.” I whispered.

“L, you’ll never know until you open it. Come on, I’m right here with you. Just open it!” Nodding softly, I tore at the seam and I felt my heart beat quicken. Everything blurred behind my vision when I finally pulled out the letter written to me. Holding it up, I held it out to the camera so Danny could read it first.

“Please, read it for me. I’m too nervous.” I muttered. I waiting a few moments until I pulled the envelope down and my eyes connected with Danny’s. He was frowning at me sadly and I felt my heart break.

“I’m so sorry, Lindsey.” He whispered. I dropped my head down into my hands and that’s when I heard him speak up. “You start in January.” My head shot up and I felt my mouth drop open.

“What?!” I screeched, covering my mouth. Danny’s face finally broke out into a grin and he chuckled, winking at me.

“Read it. You can’t start until the second semester because you applied late, but you got accepted. Congratulations, love.” I don’t know how it was possible, but my grin was larger than his. My eyes skimmed over the letter and my smile kept getting bigger and bigger. Finally, my eyes found Danny’s again and I started crying with joy.

“I can’t believe this!” I exclaimed, giggling loudly. Danny just chuckled and his smile mirrored mine.

“I knew you could do it. I’m so proud of you.” I was about to reply to Danny when I heard a large bang at the door.

“Hold on, Dan.” I smiled, holding my finger up before I walked around the table and opened up the door. Jenn was standing on the other side, an envelope in one hand and her cell phone in the other.

“I GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON!” Jenn screamed, flailing her arms around and pulling me into a hug. I laughed loudly before I pulled away and smiled broadly.

“Me too!” I exclaimed, holding my letter up. “January?” I asked, causing Jenn to nod her head vividly. A grin found its way onto my lips and it instantly mirrored hers.

“We need to celebrate. Right now.”

*`*

“To Lindsey and Jenn. Congratulations!” Gio held out her shot glass and the three of us followed, clanking them together. I threw mine down my throat and the stinging quickly followed. That’s what happens when you haven’t gotten drunk in a while, I guess. “Another!” She held out her second glass and again, the four of us took a shot. I shook my head to get rid of the gross taste and Jenn giggled beside me.

“I’ll go get us drinks!” She stood up from the table and made her way through the crowd toward the bar. Gio and Emily found out about our great news and decided to go out and celebrate. After deciding to go to a fairly expensive bar, Gio bought us each two shots to get us started for the night. Considering I haven’t had an actual drink for quite some time, Jenn decided it was her duty to get my drunk.

“Look, I-” Jenn cut me off, placing a glass right in front of me.

“Lindsey, just let loose. Have a few drinks, kick back; relax. We just got great news, you and Danny are better than ever, and the lads will be back in just three weeks. Live a little.” Jenn took a sip of her drink and so I just sighed, doing the same. “So Gio, six more months! When are you going shopping for a dress?” The rest of the night continued like that. We talked a lot about the wedding, Jenn got me drink after drink, Emily told us about the recent modeling gig she was to attend, and we dance; a lot. I felt like my legs were going to fall off by the time I made it back to our table three hours later.

“How are you feeling?” Emily slid in beside me, taking a sip of her beer. I looked down at my now very empty glass, the ice tinted a pink color.

“Pretty pissed.” I spoke, my word slightly slurred. Emily cracked up laughing, and I fell in beside her, giggling loudly. I covered my mouth with my hand before I stood, clutching onto the table to hold myself up right. I looked over at the dance floor, Gio and Jenn dancing together in the big crowd. Turning back toward Emily, I held up my glass and gestured to hers. “Another?” She nodded her head quickly. I turned toward the bar and began walking, very clumsily, toward the nearest stool. Leaning on the counter, I turned to the bartender and gave him my order. “Cranberry and vodka. Oh, and a Corona, please.” I tapped my hand on the counter was I waited and I felt someone slide onto the stool next to me.

“Hey there.” I heard a voice speak as I clutched both of the drinks. I froze in my spot before I turned slowly, my eyes finding a pair of green ones. “I don’t believe we’ve met.” He said, holding his hand out. I raised an eyebrow, holding both drinks up to show my hands were full. “My names David.” Where have I heard that name before? I nodded a hello before I turned and walked toward Emily, the man following me and clutching my arm to stop me. “Can’t I at least catch your name?” I wobbled slightly to hold myself up and I turned, smiling shyly.

“Sorry, I’ve got a boyfriend and-” he cut me off, laughing as he shook his head. He held his hands up in defense.

“I just wanted your name; I’m not trying to shag you.” He chuckled and I felt myself flush a bright red.

“Lindsey.” I spoke. He nodded in understanding.

“You’re the bird dating Danny Jones. I knew I recognized you from somewhere.” He shoved his hands into his back pockets and I furrowed my eyebrows. “Dan and me go way back. We were best mates.” And that’s when it clicked.

“I saw you and David, okay? I know you’ve been cheating on me. Just leave me alone, okay?” Danny grunted loudly, running his free hand through his hair again. “No, we’re done, Rachel. Finished. Why don’t you go cry to David?”

“You weren’t the one to mess up your relationship with Rachel, though. She’s the one that cheated on you. With your best mate.”


“I’ve got to go.” I shrugged past him and made my way toward the table, quickly sliding in beside Emily. My head was throbbing from all of the drinking and then running in my heels. Emily looked up at me wide eyed.

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” She admitted, leaning over and grabbing my arm. “You all right? What happened?” I was about to tell her about who I just ran into but my alcohol-fuzzy mind made me pick up my drink and take a large gulp. The encounter was forgotten as I felt the alcohol sting all the way down my throat. “Small sips, Linds. I don’t want you falling over.” Not five minutes later Jenn and Gio appeared at the table, downing the last of their drinks. “I’ll go grab us another round.” Emily disappeared to the bar and Jenn slid in beside me.

“Havin’ fun yet, Lin?” Jenn slurred, causing me to giggle loudly, nodding along. Gio slid in beside us and by the time Emily came back with our four drinks, I had finished mine.

“Bathroom break!” I exclaimed, throwing myself out of my seat. I wobbled on my heels, trying to find the bathroom as I tried to stay upright. I bumped into a few people, muttering quick apologizes before I finally found the door to the ladies room. After finishing my business and washing my hands, I leaned over the sink to look in the mirror. I fingered my hair, trying to get the frizzy mess to cooperate and push over my shoulder. The stall behind me slammed open, causing me to jump. I looked in the mirror and my eyes met a pair of brown ones. Her brown hair was styles perfectly and her outfit was skimpier than normal. If looks could kill, I would probably be on my death bed. Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
!!!

Lindsey's Outfit

xx