Sequel: Cold Gin 2
Status: Every groupie's dream come true!

Cold Gin

Chapter 2

“Ginny, whaddya say we get out of here?” He whispers seriously.

My heart stops. And before I can think about what I’m saying, I tell him about my hotel room. We both slide off the dresser, and he grabs the keys to a car and the bottle of gin. I can feel all eyes on us as Ace grabs my hand and leads me out of the room and back through the corridor. Ace bumps into Paul on the way out, who has a little blonde lady on his arm, and gives us both a wink. Ace goes right up to Paul’s ear and whispers something to him. Paul raises his eyebrows and removes a silver foil packet from the front of his lurex trousers. I realise, and the rational side of me is recoiling in disgust, but the other side of me has never felt so free before. I stop Paul, and whisper to Ace:

“I’ve already got one, now let’s get out of here!”

Both Ace and Paul stare at me incredulously, and due to the effects of the gin, I peck Paul on the cheek, slap his pert bottom, and drag Ace down the tunnel.
Before we know it, we’re in a compounded car park, and Ace is walking up to a silver, 1968 Chevy. He opens the passenger seat for me, and I slide in. I breathe into my palm and sniff my breath, before deciding to pop in a piece of gum. Ace slides in next to me and grins like a hyena.

“You wanna go for a ride, sweetheart?”

I nod and smile dopily at him. Ace revs the engine, and we are onto the road. We chat about his life, and he makes me laugh with his little observations and comments. He asks me about high school, my musical tastes, and before long, I find myself falling for the guy. He puts me at ease, and I eye his skinny frame, accentuated by the tightness of the leather. He’s still wearing his make-up, and I can still taste the black lipstick around my mouth. He reaches over to grab the bottle of gin from between my thighs, brushing my legs with his fingers slightly, uncaps it expertly with one hand, and drinks a little, before placing it back between my legs, and leaving his hand resting on my upper thigh. My heart seems to be pulsing at a supersonic speed after this small but clear gesture, and I’m scared he can hear it thumping.
We pull up to the street before the hotel, and we notice a suspicious looking man ducking and diving.

“Oh, shit. It’s a photographer. Do ya mind if I take ya somewhere else? I’ll pay your mom and dad for the hotel. I’ve just had enough of these guys.” Ace tells me, sounding mildly pissed off.

“Not at all, let’s go.”

And with that, he speeds off, losing the photographer. We drive around for about ten more minutes to really make sure the guy has gone, all the while singing at the top of our voices- The Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and even a bit of KISS. Ace turns up at a block of flats in a pretty rough looking area, parks the car, and gets out. I step out of the other side, run over to him and link arms. We giggle nervously as he leads me inside, and into the elevator. The building has eight floors and I watch him press the number 8 button. We lock eyes for a moment, and the second the door shuts, I’m in his arms again in this tiny elevator that smells of piss, and I have no idea where he’s taking me, but I trust this guy completely. Whilst we’re kissing, we hear the elevator ping and an old lady gets in with us, tutting. We both do our best to suppress our giggles, and I decide to test Ace. I turn so my back is facing him, and I slide my left hand from his waist and trace the lightning bolt on his costume, until I get to his crotch, and I just rest my hand there, not moving and pretending that nothing is wrong. The old lady is oblivious...but Ace isn’t. The doors open on the eighth floor, and we burst out before he leads me to the first room on the right. Ace struggles with the key slightly, but eventually we both fall in. I’m still clutching the bottle that started all the trouble, but as we close the door, it’s dropped by the doorway along with my bag and jacket.
Ace presses me against the wall and kisses my neck deeply. I grab his hips and hold them to mine, but like before, he jumps off me as if I’ve electrocuted him. I’m left slightly stunned by his hot and cold nature, and wondering what could be wrong.

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you Ginny- it’s protocol-” He pauses to laugh nervously, and I can see he’s just as on edge as I am.

“Make up on or off?”

And I say something to Ace that he’s probably never heard before:

“Both.”

He grins, and grabs my hand before taking me to the sofa in the middle of the room.