Sequel: Cold Gin 2
Status: Every groupie's dream come true!

Cold Gin

Chapter 5

I wake up the next morning to an empty bed, and at first I can't understand why I'm not wearing anything.
The sun streams in from an open window and I can smell cooking taking place. I lean over to the bedside table and check my watch. It's 7.30.
I take a sheet, wrap it around me and wander into the kitchen where I can see Ace in his kimono, working over a stove.
True enough, he's made the pancakes.
I wrap my arms round his waist and kiss the back of his neck.

"Well, hello to you too Roxy."

I mumble, still half a sleep, and he motions for me to sit on a chair by the table. He grabs a plate and places the pancake in front of me with a generous dollop of golden syrup.

"Thanks." I say, and dig in. It's only whilst I'm eating that I realise how hungry I am.

"Wow, you really do put anything I give you into your mouth." Ace comments before launching into a full laughing fit.
And although I know I should feel offended, I cant help but love this charmer, so I lob a piece of pancake straight at him.
It hits him right in the middle of his face, and he wipes it off and licks his fingers.

"Mmm, these are frickin' delicious. I am a pretty good cook when I put my mind to it you know."

"Yeah, well I hear Paul makes a pretty good omelette..." I tease

"Are you sleeping with the enemy too? I'm quite hurt Roxy." He says, putting on a sad face and whining like a pitiful dog, then coming up to me and licking my face to complete the act.

His tongue tickles me, and I wrap my arms around him to stop him. The sheet has fallen off by now, and I watch his eyes roam over my body.

"What do you say about taking a shower? I mean, after the pancake situation, we're both a bit dirty..." I ask

"I suppose so. And we're going to have to take it together. A rock star has a hard time paying water bills you know..." He says mock seriously.

And with that, he chases me into the toilet, discarding the kimono on the floor and lifting me up on the shower wall. I turn the water on, and close my eyes as he enters me for the third time in less than eight hours. I cling on to his neck as he pounds me against the wall, and bite my lip to stop myself from screaming. I tangle my fingers in his long hair as we both shudder to a finish. We then seriously realise the need to clean ourselves and take to washing each other and chatting idly.
I tingle at his touch, and he seems to particularly enjoy washing my chest area, before I make sure he cleans the rest of me too.

When we're both done, we dry off and get ready for the day. I watch in awe as he reapplies the make up, and transforms into the Space man, and I can tell he's watching me get changed out of the corner of his eye.
I take an extra long time wandering round in a thong and without a bra to try to distract him, but he's cool as ice.
I pack all my things into my overnight bag, and just as we're about to leave, he grabs the bottle of gin by the door, and signs it with a silver pen.
He places his hand on my waist as we shut the door behind us, and we trot down the stairs to where the car is parked. Amazingly, it's serene and beautiful outside, and Ace drives us to another building that he tells me is for their new album promotion.

"You can come up and watch if you want, Roxy."

I squeal with excitement and follow him up the stairs, carrying his guitar.

We walk in to a loft space, and I see Paul, Gene and Peter on a sofa drinking coffee, and they all light up as Ace walks in.

"Ace! You looked flat out man...did she keep you up all night?" Peter asks with a wink

"Yeah, you've got to share the profits Frehley!" Paul laughs

Gene still eyes me up and down before walking up to me, tossing me over his shoulder and pretending to run back down the stairs.
We all laugh as he puts me down, and their manager calls them over to do the shoot.
I watch the natural chemistry they have as they strike poses together, and bounce off each other's personalities, and Ace catches my eye a few times. I just feel in awe, as if I'm watching history in the making.
When it's over, Ace announces that he's taking me home and he grabs my hand before I can hear more crude comments from the other three.

We have to dive back into the car this time, because we are surrounded by photographers, but Ace speeds off the station expertly.

When we get there, he turns off the engine, and I look at him sadly because I know the dream has come to an end.

"Ace, thanks for...last night. I've never had such a good time with anyone before."

"Awww, shucks, Roxy, no problem. You were pretty good for a first timer." He chuckles, and kisses me on firmly on the lips.

"Well, then, bye Ace." I say.

"Bye, Roxy...We'll be back on tour soon. I trust I'll be able to see you again?"

"We'll see." I tell him with a smile, trace the autographed bottle of gin through my bag and head off to catch the train back to suburbia, knowing that cold gin is the only thing that keeps us together.