Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the walk.

Teigann's POV

About an hour and a half later, we were done at the mall and on the road again. October and Mikey had argued the entire time we had been gone, and it was obvious to me that something would develop between them, they were just acting like second graders in denial.

”So where are we off to now?” Gerard asked, glancing over at me, trying to change the tension in the car.

”What time is it?” October asked in response from the back seat, breaking away from her current argument with Mikey.

”It’s only about.. 8-ish.” Mikey answered, looking ahead at the clock on the stereo.

”Well if you girls are sick of us, which I could understand, I could take you home.” Gerard offered.

The very thought made me feel uncomfortable. It was still light outside, the sky was just barely beginning to change colors.

”No, it’s alright. I’m not sick of you and Mikey yet. And I’d really rather not head home yet.” I rushed.

”Is everything alright?” October asked leaning forward more than she already had been. I could feel her eyes on me.

”Mhmm. I just don’t want to go home yet.”

And she left it at that. She knew that I’d spill once we were home.

”Why don’t we go to Duff, and go for a walk?” October suggested. She knew that place always calmed me down.

”Alright, sounds fine to me.” Gerard agreed.

And with that, the two in the back went on with their bickering, like no one else could even hear them.

The entire time there, Gerard glanced over at me every now and then. Occasionally I would meet his glance, and I saw that there was a bit of worry in his eyes. I thought nothing of it though, and other times, I could just feel his eyes on me, and I refused to look back, because I was scared. That maybe.. I’d been caught again.

~The walk at Duff~

I was still feeling kind of down and lost when we arrived at our destination. Hearing the back door open and close behind me snapped me out of my daze and brought me back to reality. Next I felt a slight tap in my shoulder.

“…Teigann?” came Gerard’s voice from beside me. It sounded so small, almost scared. It was odd because it’s not like we even knew each other. We’d only met the night before after all.

“Mm.. mhmm, sorry.” I responded groggily turning towards him.

“Sorry, I can’t be very much fun tonight..”

“No, it’s alright. Just.. are you okay?”

“Mhmm, just spacey. I promise I’ll liven up once we start walking.”

I gave him a small innocent smile and proceeded to undo my seat belt and get out of the car. I walked towards the back end of the car, and waiting for me there was October. Gerard was several feet away from the car, looking amused by the annoyed look on his brother’s face.

“Come’ere bebs.” October cooed holding her arms out for me.

“What’s the matter Teigh?”

“I’m okay. Just spacey.” I lied. I’d more than likely fess up to the reality of things later. When the guys weren’t around, and when I was safe and comfortable in my house.

“Yea, right.” She smiled, rolling her eyes at me. “You’re safe for now, but we are talking later.”

“Deal, as long as you shut up now.” I laughed, pulling out of the hug.

Together, we walked towards the brothers, and when we didn’t hear them talking, we walked right up to them.

“So what are we doing down here exactly?” Mikey asked looking around.

“Hopefully killing you and ditching your body somewhere.” October replied bitterly looking away from him.

“Oh real mature Octopus.” Mikey retorted, making a cocky face.

“That hurt you know, that really hurt.” he added sarcastically.

“Mikey shut up.” Gerard instructed.

“October, play nice.” I ordered.

“Yea, yea..” they both replied. “whatever.”

“So where to first?” Gerard asked.

“Mmm. I think we should start going that way.” I said pointing.

“We can go up that path, and by the time we get to the other path to come back, it’ll be darker, and prettier out here.” I replied.

“Alright. This way we go then.” Mikey added in a retarded accent.

“Dude, what the fuck was that?” October glared.

“Children, play nice!” I snapped, beginning to walk ahead without them all.
♠ ♠ ♠
-hehe see, October is kind of a bitch. I swear she's actually wonderful underneath it. - Thanks for reading!!