Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

confidence.

Gerard's POV

After what seemed like a few minutes of silence, there were a few aww's and whistles from the group standing just beyond the door. I felt a flush come over me, realizing there had just been an audience to me kissing Teigh, possibly against her will. Yet, she still held onto me, staying in my arms and just beaming up at me. Her eyes sparkled and I knew that I had successfully avoided making the biggest mistake of life. I smiled, letting her go from my embrace but keeping a hold of her hand.

"Hey guys!" I laughed, not sure how else to get past the fact that I hadn't even said hello to Teigann when she'd opened the door. I'd just gone straight in for the kiss, and I was damn glad I had. Mikey shuffled around behind me, a bit uneasy it seemed after seeing October in the group.

Everyone welcomed me back, and before long we were all just hanging out and the awkwardness of my entrance had settled.

There was music, and food and there was even booze for those of us who drank. Teigann and I had been separated a while into us being there, as she needed to convince October to stay. It seemed she wasn't actually willing to do anything involving my brother just yet. While they were off talking, I just caught up with Ray and Bob, finding out what ideas they had come up with for new material over the last three weeks.

October's POV

Mikey. Ugh. Three weeks without seeing him had been freaking great. I hadn't had to think about how aggravating he could be, or how annoying it was that I thought him being aggravating was hot. So here he was, all over again and I couldn't handle it. I knew he hated me, that was pretty fucking clear. I was the girl that usually got under everyone else's skin. Usually nothing bothered me, but the fact that he could get under my skin in such a short period of time bothered me to no end. He even looked disappointed when he made eye contact with me in the group.

"Teigh, I'm sorry. I said I would do this. And really, I thought that I could. It turns out I can't though. It turns out that the bitch that you know has actually turned into just another sappy girl. A girl that likes the boy who hates her, and can't figure out how to change it." I apologized. We had stepped outside of the house so that I could get some air.

"October, please just stay. The Boo I know would no way in hell run from a stupid boy. Plus, I know that he doesn't hate you." Teigann pleaded with me.

"That's what I mean. Who is he? He's made me turn into a whiney girl, and we barely know each other. All he knows is that I'm a bitch. All I know is that he can be nice, but most of the time he's just an ass." I was just so confused.

"October, face it. You aren't a bitch. I know you, and you can act like a bitch yes, but deep down you aren't one." She smiled sadly at me. "The bitch part of you is just a front, to keep the scum out of your life. I know that you got hurt after you and Toby, but Mikey isn't Toby. I mean sure we don't know him very well yet. That doesn't mean you can't get to know him, let him know that you want him to get to know you. There's a world of possibility that could come from you communicating that you want to call a truce. No more rudeness unless either of you ACTUALLY deserves it even.." She gave me a tight hug.

I just smiled weekly in return. "And that's why you're my best friend." I caved and followed her back inside. I decided I'd have to suck it up and just go talk to him.

Teigann's POV

My mind was still racing from the kiss when Gerard arrived. I was so excited about it, but I still hadn't had the chance to talk to him one on one. After doing damage control with October, getting her to stay and giving her the heart to heart she had needed, I figured I could go find Gerard and have a few moments with him alone. I was nervous, but so incredibly happy. I hadn't felt this way in such a long time. For the moment, the guilt about my self harm was completely nonexistent. I knew that wouldn't last, but I was still grateful for the happiness I was feeling.

Walking back into the house, I found him easily. He was in the kitchen talking to Ray. His back was to me, so I decided I'd surprise him. Walking up behind him, I laced my fingers into his hand that had been limp at his side. I immediately felt a gentle squeeze acknowledging my presence and I patiently waited for a break in their conversation. When there was a break, I spoke up.

"Hey Ray, could I borrow Gerard for a few minutes?" I smiled sweetly.

"Of course Teigs, I'm sure the two of you have a LOT to catch up on." He winked before walking away, causing me to laugh just slightly.