Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the halloween tree.

Teigann's POV

I blinked, looking over at Gerard's night stand to see the clock flashing 5am. It was too early for anyone to be awake. For a short while I tried to fall back asleep but it was no use. I gently got out of bed, not wanting to wake him and headed quietly out of his room. I decided I could just hang out in the living room, pick out a movie to watch until I either fell back asleep or someone else woke up. After my embarrassment with Gerard just hours before, I decided on watching The Halloween Tree by myself. There was a comfort in it for me.

I curled up on the couch, covering myself with a throw blanket and pressed play on my movie. I watched while Jenny, Tom, Wally and Ralph made trips around the world to save their friend Pipkin. Like every other time I had watched it, it felt brand new and just as exciting. The movie was nearly over when I heard soft footsteps making their way down the stairs. Still, my eyes stayed glued to the screen. I felt the weight of someone sit down beside me, leaning over.

"Good morning beautiful." Gerard's voice was raspy with sleep.

"Good morning." I blushed. "I decided not to put anyone through the torture of watching it," I pointed at the screen. "it'll be over in a few minutes."

"Okay. Are you hungry?" he asked running a hand over my arm.

"Mmm, I guess a little bit." I sat up, leaning into him. "I'm sorry about last night." I turned to look him in the eyes.

"Don't be sorry sugar. Here, you finish your movie and I'll go make us some breakfast, okay?" He kissed me on the forehead before getting up and going to the kitchen.

When the movie ended, I folded up the blanket I had used and went to join Gerard in the kitchen. I hugged him quickly from behind, planting a small kiss on the back of his neck.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"Pankcakes. Hope that's alright, it's just the fastest." He answered, yawning afterwards.

"I love pancakes." I smiled at him. "Thank you for dinner and everything last night. It really was the best birthday celebration I've had. And thank you for the necklace."

"Anything for you Teigs. The necklace is on the nightstand, I put it there last night once you were asleep." He flipped the pancakes, moving to the cupboard to pull out plates.

"I'm sorry, I was so upset that I forgot about it." I frowned.

"It's okay sugar. We'll go get it after breakfast and you can put it on."

I nodded in response and within minutes he was plating pancakes and we were enjoying breakfast.

***

October's POV

“Oh my god! You told him? What happened?” I couldn’t believe my ears. It was a huge step for Teigann to tell Gerard about her past.

“Well, um, it was kind of unavoidable.” She answered shyly.

“Ha! I knew he wouldn’t be able to resist you in that dress.” I had to make the joke to lighten her nerves a little.

“I don’t know if the dress was really part of it.” She smirked. “He gave me the necklace,” she pointed to where it hung on her neck “and I kissed him. And then things got really intense.” She blushed. “October, it was amazing! But then I felt his hand on my leg, and I remembered the scars. I completely ruined the moment.”

She went on to tell me about how sweet he was about the whole thing. I was smiling the whole time, seeing how happy she was deep down. There was some embarrassment on the surface but beneath it, there was pure joy.

“Well bebs, don’t worry about ruining the moment. You didn’t really, you just wanted to be honest with him. That’s important. But I can promise you, you’ll have lots more of those moments.” I winked at her.

She laughed. “Well lets hope next time I have even a clue as to what I’m doing. At least you don’t have to worry about that part with Mikey anymore. You guys have that awkward moment taken care of already.”

“Hey, don’t be down on yourself for being a virgin Teigh. Do you know how amazing that is?”

She looked beyond confused. “Amazing? How about how lame?”

“No.” I looked at her seriously. “Teigann, you saved that part of yourself for someone special. You didn’t give it away to the first person who showed some interest. I regret my first time. At least you won’t have to.” I smiled at her. “With Mikey, it’s completely different. It’s so much more amazing, I know that he loves me, and I know that I love him.”

She smiled at me in amazement. “I know that I’m ready. I just hope that he’ll still want to..” She bit her lip, trailing off.

“Oh he will. Believe me, he’s a boy.” I let out a laugh, amazed at how innocent her worries were.