Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

rudolph.

Gerard’s POV

It was about 9 when Mikey came back down, October following closely behind. While she made her way to sit next to Teigann, Mikey motioned for me to follow him out to the kitchen.
“What’s up Mikes?” I asked, seeing the tired look on his face.
“Were you planning on taking Teigann back home tonight?” He asked.
I shook my head in response. “I sort of had something planned. Why?”
“I just wanted to make sure. October says she doesn’t want to go home tonight, thought it might be weird for Teigs to be there without her.” He smiled, pushing his glasses back up on his nose again.
“Are you alright little bro?” I couldn’t help but notice how out of sorts he seemed to be.
“Yeah, I’m alright. I just want October to be okay. It was pretty shitty seeing her so upset when I picked her up. I fucking hate her father. It’s probably good I haven’t met him.” He shook his head sadly. “We’re pretty lucky Gee, mom and dad are practically perfect compared to these girls’ parents.”
“I know Mikes.” I gave him a hopeful smile. “Will October be okay in a little bit if I take Teigann out to do something?”
“She should be, she seems more tired than anything else. What are you up to?” He asked, his grin returning.
“I’ll let you know afterwards.” I grinned in response, rubbing the back of my neck nervously.
“Shit! Gee, you aren’t proposing are you?”
“Not quite Mikes.” I laughed. “Just be patient, and don’t look so confused when we go back out there.”
He nodded and moved to the fridge, grabbing a few cans of pop before we went back to the living room.

A smile made its way to my face as we entered the living room and I saw Teigann snuggled up with October, the two of them were chatting quietly. Within seconds, Teigann looked up with a small smile on her face.
“And how’s Casper feeling?” I asked, smiling down at them both.
“Exhausted. But I’m feeling less shitty than I’d expected.” She gave a small smile in return. “Thanks Gerard.”
“I was just telling her that since she missed Rudolph, we could watch it again before the night was through.” Teigann spoke up, almost apologizing with her eyes.
“Sure thing sugar.” I leaned in and kissed her forehead.
“Where’d mom and dad go?” Mikey asked, finally noticing that it was just the four of us in the room.
“They went to bed a little bit ago, too much eggnog I think.” I laughed.
“I’m sorry we’re intruding on your family time.” October glanced between Mikey and I.
I shook my head gently. “You are family now Casper. This is still family time, and neither our parents or Mikey and I see it as intruding.” I smiled reassuringly. “That goes for both of you.”
Mikey opened his can of pop, gesturing for the rest of us to do the same. “I want to make a toast.”

I smiled at my little brother and the girls laughed lightly but we all followed his lead, opening our cans and holding them out to the middle of us.
“Here’s to new traditions.” He grinned his dorky grin before continuing. “To us lucky Way brothers, and you two lovely ladies that have become an important part of the Way family.”
We all clinked cans, and settled back into our seats comfortably.

Even though I was anxious to give Teigann her gift, I knew it could wait a little longer. For the moment, it felt right to stay exactly where we were.

It wasn't long before A Christmas Story ended and Rudolph started up again. It was only about halfway through when I noticed October had started dozing off and Mikey was trying to coax her awake long enough to get her upstairs. Without words he motioned a goodnight to us, the girls exchanging small waves and smiles before he and October headed up to bed.

I swallowed hard, knowing it was time to give Teigann her gift. I really hoped this would go over as well as her birthday gift.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys! (if anyone is reading this thing anymore)
I've been going over this story, and once again been making some changes to it here and there. Not that you'll really need to start from the beginning again, but I've made small changes to most of the previous chapters. Starting some new chapters as well, after a very long period of not being able to write. Hopefully someone out there is still interested to see where this goes. xx-jenn