Status: Not sure if I am any good at this I quit writing stories years ago. Honesty would be appreciated!!!

A Whole New World, A Whole New Life

Mr. Pompous Pants and Kermit the Frog

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, I sat there and just listened for a minute. Everything sounded so peaceful, I thought. But I remember Kagome telling me how dangerous it could be, so I thought it might be necessary to go looking for some kind of weapon I could use for my defense. I got up, stretched and headed for the forest nearby. Keeping my eyes open for anything that could be useful.

All I found was a bunch of dirt and twigs, I stopped to think. Should I go deeper into the forest? I figured I should.

I'm not going to find anything in this shallow part of the forest. I continued walking, the trees getting closer and closer together the deeper I went. It seemed like they were closing in on my, but I paid no mind to it and concentrated on the task at hand, the faster I found something the faster I could get the hell out of here I thought.

I was so caught up with keeping my eyes on the ground I almost missed the staff leaning on a tree. I walked towards it getting a closer look, it was made of wood it had 2 heads carved at the top, a head of a woman and the head of a man. I grabbed it and looked around, maybe it belonged to someone.

It must, I doubt someone would just leave a staff like this just lying around. But I did not find anybody. I heard the sound of movement and turned around quickly. Behind the tree behind me a face peered out, it was a little girl.

She was small, she had black hair and wore an orange checkered kimono. She looked scared, but she did not run.

"Hi there." I said kneeling down to one knee holding onto the staff for balance. All she did was wave, I smiled and looked up at the staff and then back at her.

"Does this belong to you?" I said holding out the staff, she shook her head no.

"Oh, well would you happen to know who it belongs to?" I smiled at her as she nodded.

"Oh wonderful, what's your name sweetie?" I stood. She looked up at me.

"My name is Rin." she said as quiet as a mouse.

"My, that's a lovely name, my name is Kyoko, it's very nice to meet you Rin!" I took a step closer and it looked like she was going to run. I stepped back.
She's scared of something, I kneeled down again.

"Tell me Rin, are you frightened of me?" I asked worried. She shook her head no.
I was confused.

"Then what seems to be the problem young one?" I smiled again.
She stood away from the tree a little more, I could see the rest of her face now.

"It's Jaken" she said holding her hands behind her back. I tilted my head to the side a little.

"Who is Jaken?" I asked.

"He is the keeper of that staff, I stole it from him. I was only playing, he chased after me but then I got lost and can't find him. I've been gone for a while, I'm afraid he will be very mad at me when he finds me. Lord Sesshomaru also told me to never talk to strangers." She explained rocking back and forth from her tip toes to the heels of her feet. I giggled.

"Well that is quite a story." I stood again.

Then we started to hear a faint voice, I listened a bit harder as it got closer. I could just make out a voice calling for Rin, when I felt something on the back of my leg. I twister around to see Rin holding my leg using me as a shield.

"That is Jaken" she said as she nuzzled her face in my leg.

I stayed there and patted her head lightly. I turned back as the voice got closer, I could see a shadow coming out from behind one of the many trees. I braced myself to see a man. But instead I saw a green toad looking thing.

"CURSED, where is that blasted Rin? When I got my hands on he-" he cut himself off when he saw me. Then he noticed the staff.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I let out a burst of laughter, I gripped onto the staff to keep myself from falling over. I could see that this Jaken fellow was getting ticked off so I force it back.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU? AND HOW DARE YOU TOUCH THE MIGHTY STAFF OF TWO HEADS YOU IMPUDENT WENCH!" Jaken yelled. That struck a nerve, I took the staff and swung it over Mr. Toads head. He fell to the ground.

Rin let out a small giggle as I dropped the staff next to him. I crossed my arms and let out a "Hmph"

"How rude, is that thanks I-" I was cut off as someone else came out from the trees. It was a man, he looked like a man of great authority. To anyone but me, to me he looked like any other pompous asshole.

He looked at me with this emotionless stare, looking down upon me as if I was beneath him. I looked down secretly rolling my eyes.

'what the fuck is this guys problem?' I thought. I felt his eyes leave me, I looked up to see he was staring at Rin.

"Rin, Jaken lets go." he said with that emotionless tone that brought chills down my spine. For a pompous asshole he sure had one hell of a sexy voice. I felt Rin let my legs go. The frog thing known as Jaken got up reluctantly and grabbed his staff. He glared at me as he went to follow the man.

"Yes Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin said happily running past Jaken to Mr. Pompous Pants, also known as Lord Sesshomaru.

Lord Sesshomaru turned to the other direction and started walking.

"Oh Lord Sesshomaru please wait for me." Jaken yelled running after the obviously odd pair.

"Lord Sesshomaru, can Lady Kyoko come with us? she is my friend." Rin said with hope clear in her voice. I thought I was hearing things, surely I would not be welcome. Not that I would want to be.

"RIN QUIT SPITTING OUT SUCH BLASPHEMY OF COURSE THAT PATHETIC HUMAN CANNOT COME WITH US." Jaken spat with much distress.

I glared at him and then rolled my eyes.

Then Mr. Pompous looked back to me then to Rin.

"No Rin, she may not." he spoke with suck a lack of emotion he sounded like he was bored out of his wits. Rin looked down obviously sad, she quickly ran back to me. I kneeled down as she approached and put my hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"It's okay dear, I am sure we will meet again soon. You be safe now okay?" I said pulling her in for a hug.

"Lady Kyoko, where will you go? Rin said curiously.

"I am not sure, but I am sure I will be just fine on my own." I said standing back up. Rin smiled and I smiled back as she turned to catch back up with Mr. Pompous Pants and Kermit the frog. I waved as I started in the opposite direction.

"I don't know where I am going to go. But wherever it is I hope it's far away from that weirdo Sesshomaru." I muttered to myself as I began my search for Kagome.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay here is Chapter 2 sorry if it's a bit short I guess, but I will try to make the next few chapters longer. Comments would would be appreciated, I'd like to know how I am doing so far!