Status: I'm back! With a new story

A Broken Full Moon

Ch.1 Come Away To The Slaughter Pt. 2/2

A Broken Full Moon
Ch.1 Come Away To The Slaughter Pt. 2/2
Come Away To The Water-Maroon 5 Feat. Rozzi Crane
Then:
I slowly walked to Scott and Stiles picturing him in my mind. Stiles asked me “you okay?” I snapped out of it as I hit them both upside the head and said “thanks for the help! He could have been the murderer!” Stiles snickered and said “it didn’t look like you were screaming bloody murder, but I bet you wanted to scream from something else.” He wiggled his eyebrows as I gasped and my face flooded with color as I hit him repeatedly. Scott interrupts me by saying “alright. Alex I have work and you got to pick up Romeo.” Stiles suddenly blurts “guys! That was Derek Hale!” I raised an eyebrow and he asks Scott “you remember him right? He’s only like a few years older than us.” Scott asks “remember what?” Stiles explained “his family. They all burned to death in a fire like ten years ago.” I suddenly felt sad for him and said “poor Derek.” He lost his parents too, like me except it wasn’t just his parents his whole family. Scott rhetorically asks “wonder what he’s doing back?”
Now:
As I drove Scott to work he asked “so what’s with you and the new guy?” I countered “what’s with you and the new girl?” He sighed and answered “nothing.” I glanced at him and answered “but you want something to happen.” He stated silent and I said “look Scott as your older sister I’m supposed to tease you, but I’m not going to. Just ask her out, you won’t lose anything besides I think she’s into you.” He questions “really?” I nod as I pull up at the vets and Scott turns to me and asks “what about the new guy?” I answer “friends. Just friends, Scott.” He gives me a look and asks “and the Derek Hale guy?” My face turns beat red as my mind replays the scene from earlier. He smiles as he says “that’s all I needed.” He runs out I reply “no, Scott!” I sigh as I drive to Gloria’s.
{BREAK}
“Hi, Gloria!” I said as I walked as she opened the door. She gave me a brief hug as she responded “hello Alex.” We walked through her house as I said “I know I’m late, but Scott had to”- she cut me off by waving it off saying “it’s fine you know I adore Romeo.” I sighed in relief. She started talking, but I drowned her out as my mind was focused on tall, dark, and handsome. The way he looked at me, yeah sure he was angry but he didn’t want to hurt me if he had he wouldn’t have caught me. “Alex! Sweetie!” I turned to Gloria who had a knowing smile. I smiled sheepishly and said “sorry, I have a lot on my mind.” She replied “um huh. So what’s his name?” I looked at her as I stuttered out a what. She looked at me and said “I know that look. There’s a guy you’re thinking about.” I tried to deny it, but she gave me a look. I sighed as I answered “his name’s Derek Hale. I mean I just met him today, I don’t know why I-I can’t get him out of my head.”
Gloria smiled and replied “you like him.” I looked at her in disbelief. She said “the last time I thought about a man the way you are I married him.” I shook my head as I said “no, I don’t like him. Besides, I have too much on my plate now. I’m not looking for a guy; the only guy in my life right now is Romey.” She rolled her eyes and replied “you being a mom doesn’t mean you have to put your life on hold.” We walked into the kitchen where Rome was eating. I replied “Gloria Romeo is the only man in my life.” Rome cheered “mommy! Mommy, you’re here!” I grinned as I picked him up and replied “sure am little fella. Now, finish eating” I put him down as I began to feed him.
“So, I heard the other day at the store that there’s a party Friday…” Gloria said oh so innocently. I raised an eyebrow as she questioned “are you going?” I replied instantly “no, I have work, and besides I was thinking of taking Romeo and the other little rascals to the park.” Rome cheered after he burped. I giggled and wiped his mouth while muttering “you say excuse after you burp, Rome.” He muttered it before I continued feeding him the PJ sandwich. Gloria said “Romey, don’t you want your mom to have fun?” Romey was everyone else’s nickname for Romeo, I was the only one who called him Rome.
I shot Gloria a look. She ignored me as Rome answered “yeah. I want mom to be happy.” Gloria said “well this party is going to be lots of fun, don’t you want her to go and have fun? She can take you to the park Saturday and you get to have her the whole day.” Romeo furrowed his brows as he thought it over. I shot Gloria a look as I told Rome “yeah, but I mean it’s not”- Rome talked over me as he said “yeah, mom you should go.” I bit my bottom lip as I tried “well, I’d love to, but I have work Friday so I can’t”- Gloria laughed and said “I’m your boss, Alex. Don’t come in or I’ll personally take you to that party, and we’ll see how cool you’ll look being dragged inside by an older woman.” My eyes widened Gloria was crazy and gutsy enough to do it. I nodded as I mutely continued feeding Rome, my eyes narrowing when I saw Gloria and Rome high five each other.
{BREAK}
“So what’s got you in a good mood?” I whispered to Scott as I glanced at my rear view mirror and saw Rome asleep. Scott smiled as I stopped at the stop light. He answered “I asked Allison on a date Friday.” I wait for him to continue but he doesn’t so I ask “and?” He whispered/yelled “she said yes!” I squeal silently as I ask “to the party?” He nods. I drive as the light turns, and say “yeah, well I got roped into going.” Scott raised an eyebrow. I nodded and said “Gloria.” He ‘oohed’ in realization.
{Break}
After I tucked Rome in, and checked Scott’s inexistent wound I was feeling nervous. I mean sure I liked werewolf movies, books, and shows, but not in real life because well they’re not gonna turn into horse sized wolves, thanks Twilight!
I booted my laptop and hooked it up to my printer. I quickly hunted up werewolf sites as I wrote down symptoms: “lycanthropic affliction via bite,” Scott got bit by a wolf. “Strength and speed far beyond wolves or men,” Scott was just a non-athletic kid and now after the bite he was awesome. “Other lycanthropes are born as lycanthropes,” maybe a born werewolf bit him? “…Assume a hybrid form that is a mix of its humanoid and animal form,” so Scott could turn half wolf, half human? “…Irrational fits of temper and sometimes violence, and sharp mood swings…” that one bothered me the most. “The victim can expect the first actual transformation to occur approximately a moon after contraction,” a moon after…Friday. I’d have to talk to Stiles. A thought hit me, Scott was bit on ‘private property,’ did Derek bite Scott? Was Derek a werewolf? Was there more in Beacon Hills? I printed out the pages and quickly went to bed afterwards.
“We are coming,
For You”
{BREAK}
The next day I was busy and sat with Elias, Scott, and Stiles who I introduced. Elias was beginning to feel like a really good friend. Every time I wanted to get Stiles alone someone would interrupt. Today was Thursday, so I decided to visit Stiles on my own after practice and after dropping Scott off at work. I didn’t want to tell him yet, because if I was wrong well I didn’t want him to worry. Gloria agreed to watch Rome the rest of the year so I could drive Scott to work and home. I picked Rome up as I made my way up the driveway. I knocked as Stiles opened the door and greeted “Rome! Alex, what’s up?” I walked in with Rome as I followed Stiles to his room while saying “nothing, you know it’s weird that you greet Rome before me.” Rome was bust with his audio book, so I sat Stiles down while he replied “duh, I like him better.” I swatted his arm and pulled out a folder with all my information on werewolves down and slid it towards him.
Stiles raised in eyebrow at my secretiveness and asked “what is it? Oh my god, are they naked pictures of me? Or pictures of you? Or oh my god are they of Lydia?” I rolled my eyes as he excitedly opened the folder to see a gruesome werewolf on it as he blanched and said “that’s not Lydia. I hope it’s not.” I rolled my eyes as I said “well, ever since Scott got the bite I’ve been thinking…” Stiles interrupted “Alex, are you serious? I mean, I was just kidding about the werewolf thing.” I nod as I say “I know but I’m not. I mean you can’t tell me Scott’s new talents aren’t suspicious?” Stiles reluctantly nods as he answers “well yeah. But I mean a werewolf, really?” I sighed as I stood up and grabbed Rome as I told him “Stiles just look into it. Research, and see for yourself.” He nods with an “okay, Alex.” I replied “tomorrow’s a full moon.”
“Come away little lamb,
Come away to the slaughter”

I walked over to him and I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek as I showed myself out. The rest of the day was a blur as I picked Scott up, cooked, cleaned and went to bed.
{BREAK}
The next day while I was at my locker with Eli, on our way to lacrosse practice I finally convinced him to watch it with me. It’s funny because we had the same schedule except for one class he took a music class while I took AFM, stupid math Stiles walked over to me and said “hey, guys. Eli you mind if I borrow Alex for a moment?” Eli responded “as long as you bring her back.” Was my opinion not validated? Stiles remarked “deal.” He dragged me away while saying “okay, so you were right.” I cock an eyebrow up as he tells me about the body and some of his research. I reply “we’ve got to tell him.”
I make my way to leave but Stiles shakes his head and replies “not right now, Alex. Besides I’ll tell him.” I gave him a look but he replied “I’ll tell him, today.” I smiled as he walked away but called after him “good luck out there Stiles!” He grinned and gave me two thumbs up. Eli asked “what was that about?” I responded “nothing, don’t worry about it.” He asked “are you okay?” No, I thought but instead I nodded and we walked over to the field.
When Scott was on Eli remarked “your brother is really good!” I nod and say “yeah, he is.” After leaving school I watched my mom hound my brother about his date until she let him take her car. At six I began to get ready.
{BREAK}
After showering I pondered what to wear. I mean, I never really went out because I took care of Rome but I wouldn’t change it for anything. So after deciding to wear a beautiful ruby red single strapped with one long sleeve and a spaghetti strapped shirt, a five inches above knee length leather skirt that was so tight I you could see my figure perfectly, and peep toe heels, with my black leather jacket. I called Stiles “hey, you’re going to the party right?” Stiles answered “yeah, I just got in my Jeep.” I asked “oh, well could you pick me up so we can go together?” He remarked “how do you know I don’t have a date or something?” I smiled as I put him on speaker phone as I applied eyeliner, mascara, light lip gloss and a big red rose in my hair that I had made into big wavy curls. I said “do you?” He was silent and said “be ready when I get there.”
I laughed as I hung up, and went downstairs. Mom was walking over to me. She exclaimed “you look wonderful, Alex!” I giggled as she hugged me. I said “thanks mom. I’ll try to be home early. Rome is with Gloria, I’ll pick him up after I get dropped off here.” Mom raised an eyebrow and asked “dropped off? Who are you going with?” I say “well, since Stiles and I don’t have dates we decided at the last minute to go together.” She nodded as I heard Stiles honk I said “oh, that’s Stiles. I better go. Love you mom!” I called as I ran out the door and heard her yell “love you too!”
I gracefully got into Stiles Jeep as I tugged my skirt down to not show my thighs. Stiles looked at me in shock “Alex?” I rolled my eyes as I saw him look me up and down. He looked right into my eyes and you could see he was doing the thing where you look someone in the eyes even though you really want to look at their body. I chuckled and replied “just drive Stiles.” He took another second before starting the car. He cleared his throat and asked “so why you call me instead of Eli?” I replied “because, Eli’s out of town this weekend. And you’re my best guy friend.” We joked until we got there. As we walked inside I said “keep an eye on Scott.” He nodded as he walked off. I sighed as I went to a punch bowl and poured a glass while keeping an eye on Scott.
“You don’t want that,” I jumped as I spun around and Isaac was behind me. I asked “why?” He replied “someone already spiked it. Wow, Alex you look great. So, this is new.” I raised an eyebrow in question as I asked “what is?” He answered “you, you just don’t go to parties.” I replied “well, I kind of got roped into it.” Now he raised an eyebrow and I muttered “long story.” I grabbed a margarita. Hey, I was allowed one.
I handed it to Isaac who opened it and gave it back. I took a long sip and then I said “why aren’t you out there?” I motioned to the dancing floor. He shrugged. I asked “how are you? How are…things at home?” I took another pull. He tensed and said “I don’t want to talk about it. Not tonight.” I finished the bottle and said “well, come on then!” I grabbed his arm and yanked him to the dance floor. I did this because I could keep a close eye on Scott and well…I wanted to dance.
After dancing four songs with Isaac I moved on and danced two with Jackson, one with Stiles, and the rest with Danny. I normally wouldn’t have done that. But for some reason margaritas made me gutsy. I noticed Scott take off. After excusing myself from Isaac who I had begun to dance with again I made my way to Allison.
She was outside looking as Scott drove off. I tapped her on her shoulder as she told me “Scott, he-he just took off.” I covered for him as I replied “oh, yeah. He told me to tell you he had to bail. He had to do something really important for mom. We could get a ride-” She nodded and smiled at me.
“Alex! Allison,” I turned to my surprise to see Derek Hale walking up to us. Wow, he looked even better than I remembered. My face burned, as he took a long glance at me, eyeing me up and down much like Stiles. “I’m a friend of Scott’s,” I raised a brow at him when he glanced at me. I decided to play along and said “yeah, you and Scott are like brothers.” Allison looked unsure and I used it to my advantage for him being mean to me in the woods, I said “don’t worry about him.” I made direct eye contact with him and I blushed scarlet but I claimed “he’s harmless. Like a grumpy teddy bear.” I smiled at him innocently, and he glares at me. I ask “aren’t you?” He ignored the question and told Allison “my name’s Derek.” Allison’s looks uncomfortable, as she replies “hey.” Derek turns to us and asks “so I can give you both a ride home? What do you think?” I look at Allison and I couldn’t let her go with him alone, because Derek would not let us leave without him, I knew that. Allison looks so unsecure I chew on my bottom lip as I quickly think it over and say “why not?”
As we followed Derek to his car I let out a gasp, Allison asks “what is it?” I look at Derek and say “I love your car!” He smirked as he unlocked the doors and Allison got in the back while I sat in the passenger seat. Conversation was a minimum so I turned the radio on. Derek glared at me, but I rolled my eyes and turned it to a local rock station.
After dropping off Allison with a promised “I’ll tell Scott to call you,” Derek turned off the radio. I asked “where is he?” Derek turned to me and replied “Scott? I don’t know he’s your brother.” I glared at him as say “cut the bull, Derek. I know what Scott is, and I bet you are too”- he tensed and I remarked “I just want to know if he’s okay or just take me to him.” My cheeks flared because of my anger. Derek replied “I’m not taking you anywhere, but here.” I looked outside to see we had arrived. I clenched my teeth as I said “fine. I’ll look for him myself.”
I made to get out, but he grabbed my arm. I turned to him and was surprised when his face was inches away from mine. He gritted his teeth as he said “don’t you dare.”
“Come away little lamb,
Come away to the slaughter
To the arms that are waiting,
Only for you”

I saw his beautiful green eyes flash blue and my heart pounded in fear. He said “I will drag you kicking and screaming back here, you understand? Or I will tie you down to your bed, do not provoke me.” I gulped as he closed his eyes and shrugged his hand off. I got out of his car and was halfway up the driveway when he called “don’t test me!” I flipped him off as I stomped angrily to the porch and heard him drive away. I took a breath and saw mom’s car in the driveway. I raced up the stairs and opened Scott’s door to find it empty, and the window open.
I sighed; I guess my brother really was a werewolf. I looked up at the moon and that made me think of Derek, who made me think of tonight, and that made me think of Rome. Oh! Rome! I quickly ran to my car and sped off to Gloria’s.
{BREAK}
I slipped in quietly using my spare key and slipping off my shoes, while acting like a stealthy ninja. That went okay until I tripped over the living room rug which was three steps away from the door, and face planted. I whisper/yelled “Shizzz!” I heard giggles and looked up to see Gloria and Rome laughing. They must have heard me fall, and almost cuss. I said “ha, ha. Laugh it up.” I limped over and Gloria asked “you alright girl?” I nodded as I picked Rome up and asked “and you mister? Why aren’t you asleep?” Rome said “I’m not tired.” At that time he let out a huge yawn. I arched my back as I said “you’re getting heavy, Rome.” He scowled and I giggled as I said “right. Anyway, we should get you home.” I turned to Gloria who I hugged and said “thank you. I had a very good time tonight.” Gloria nodded and said “anytime, dear. Besides Romey’s hard not to love.”
While she said this I felt Rome snuggle into my shoulder and crook of my neck as he fell asleep. I giggled because my neck was ticklish. I grinned at Gloria and said “I’ll be here Monday, after I drop Scott off.” She nodded and shooed me out. As I walked down to my car I couldn’t help, but feel like someone was watching me. I tossed a blanket over Rome as I finished walking to my car. As I sighed and rolled my shoulders, he was getting heavy. I buckled Rome up, and walked to the driver’s side. I looked out into the forest and I could still feel eyes on me. I quickly got in and sped off.
{BREAK}
After I tucked Rome in I went to bed feeling lame, because I was scared of going out to find Scott and Derek would keep to his promise. Derek was a werewolf; I had no doubt now, because how he tensed up when I called him out on it. I slowly walked to my bed. “Hey! I just met you, and this is crazy! But, here’s my number. So call me maybe. ” I grabbed my Android and saw I had 50 missed calls and like 15 messages. I had forgotten it at home. I answered “hello?” Stiles voice answered “Alex! I’ve been calling you for hours!” I mutter “sorry! But I forgot my phone when we left to go to the party.” Stiles snapped “well, that’s convenient! Why the hell did you get in the car with Derek?!” I sighed and answered “because I couldn’t leave Allison alone with him.” Stiles sighed and I said “look-just, where are you? Scott’s missing, and I don’t where”- Stiles cut me off “yeah, I know. I’m looking for him right now. Don’t worry, I’ll find him and bring him home.” I sighed and went to Scott’s room. I smiled and said “thanks, Stiles. You’re the best friend ever!” I heard mutter “I know.” I chuckled and he said “you’re going to listen to a long ass lecture tomorrow! From Scott and me!” I answered “don’t you mean today?” I giggled as he hung up. I decided to wait here for Scott. I fell asleep after a while on Scott’s bed.
{BREAK}
“Alex! Alex!” Someone was shaking me roughly awake. I swatted their hand but they kept shaking me so I woke up. “What?” I questioned. Scott answered “you’re in my bed.” I sleepily sat up. I was stopped mid yawn as Scott shoved me. “Hey!” I protested. He glared as said “you let Derek Hale drive you home?” I mentally damned Stiles to Hades as I answered “well, I wasn’t gonna leave your girlfriend walk home and he offered a ride. I decided to go with her so she wouldn’t freak out. Besides I figured out that Derek is a werewolf.”
A voice says “hey weren’t you wearing a flower? We already know Derek’s a werewolf.” I jumped as Stiles was in a chair on the other side of the room. I hadn’t noticed him. I touched my hair to find it missing. I asked “what?” Scott answers “I ran into Derek last night. He saved me from some hunters. He’s the one that bit me.” I asked “you sure? I mean maybe there’s another werewolf out there?” Scott and Stiles exchanged looks I asked “what?” Stiles shook his head and said “nothing.” Scott said “when I talked to him he said that this was a gift. I mean come on; it’s not that hard to get, Alex.” I sighed and stood as I said “did he say he bit you?” Scott looked thoughtful and answered “well, no. But”- I cut him off “exactly! We don’t know that for a fact Scott. Besides he saved you. That means he’s not all bad.” I went to leave but Scott growled lightly and snapped “why defend him? Alex why are you on his side?” I reached the door and answered “I’m not on his side. I’m neutral, Switzerland.”
{BREAK}
After a shower, I put on some capris, a Steeler’s football jersey, and some sneakers. I was going to take Rome to the park today. I quickly ran to Rome’s room to find him asleep. I woke him up as he protested “mommy!” I remarked “don’t you want to go to the park?” He sat up quickly and asked “what are we waiting on?” I chuckled as he got off the bed and felt his way around the room and headed to the bathroom throwing off his clothes. So, after bathing him we ate breakfast with Scott and mom. Things were tensed but as Rome finished I said to mom “well, I’m taking Rome to the park mom. We’ll be back in a few hours!” I called as I held Rome’s hand and we left.
{BREAK}
As soon as we got there Rome tugged me and said “slide! I want to slide! Then, the swings!” I laughed at his eagerness but nonetheless walked him up the stairs and to the slide. I said “alright. When I tell you to slide, you slide Rome. I’ll walk down so I can catch you.” I jogged down the steps and faced the slide as I said “ready! You can slide now, Rome!” He slid down with a smile on his face. He cheered “again!” We did this for half an hour, me walking him up and catching him. Until Rome decided to switch to the swings. I put him on and said “hold on tight.” He held on to the chains as I gently pushed him.
“Never pictured you as the mothering type,” someone interrupted Rome’s giggles. I whirled around, my heart pounding so loud I could hear it, to see Derek leaning on the swing set pole.
“To the one appointed to,
See this through”
I gulped as I tried to come up with an excuse to leave. Derek unnerved me, no matter if I defended him; a part of me viewed him intimidating. I stopped pushing Rome, he seemed to notice his presence as he quietly asked “mommy?” Derek strolled over beside me and my heart ponded in nerves as my face turned scarlet and I turned to Rome and began pushing him gently.
I gritted my teeth; I hated him for making me act like this, for making me think of him so much. I lowly asked “what do you want?” He instead replied “Alex is short for?” I glared at him as he questioned “Rome?” Rome looked up but a different way because he couldn’t tell where Derek was. Rome still replied “mommy’s the only one who can call me that. Mommy says not talk to strangers.” Derek smirked as he said “my name’s Derek Hale. It’s nice to meet you. See, were not strangers anymore.” I glared as I kept pushing Rome. Rome answered “I guess not. I’m Romeo McCall.” Derek glanced at me smugly as he asked “and your mom?” Rome answered “Alex.”
I cleared my throat as I said “it’s short for Alejandra. What do you want?” Derek gently pushed me away as he began pushing Rome as he questioned him “hmm. You know I’m really good friends with Scott.” Rome asked “Uncle Scott? He’s grumpy today. I think he ate a lemon cause his face was all like this”- Rome scrunched his face and as much as I was uncomfortable I chuckled. I heard Derek chuckle as he glanced at me. I glimpsed a tiny lift of his lips upwards. He smiled! Rome said “can I see you?” Derek’s brows furrowed and he looked at me in question. I rolled my eyes as I answered “he wants to memorize your face.”
He looked unsure so I grabbed Rome and held him up as I groaned. Derek grabbed Rome and I protested with a “hey!” Derek ignored me as Rome put his hand on Derek’s face and traced his face. I stood silent as I watched them interact. Derek kind of looked not bothered by Rome. Rome looked happy, “okay, I’m done.” Derek put him down and Rome said “hey, Derek. I like you. Oh, you should come over so we can play soldiers or come to the park.” Derek gave me an uneasy smile as he said “maybe we should ask your mom.” Rome waved him off and said “it’s okay. You’re my friend, mom wants me to have friends don’t you mom?” I gulped and answered “yeah, but”- Rome cut me off “see! You can come over whenever!” I cleared my throat awkwardly and said “right, well we got to leave Rome. Mom’s expecting us.” I bent down and grabbed Rome but he said “no, I want Derek to.” I glanced up and Derek grabbed him with an indifferent look on his face. We walked to my car and Derek and I buckled him in with him talking to Derek. As I closed Romeo’s car door Derek turned to me as he remarked “cute kid,” with a smirk.
I wanted to slap him, but I turned to Derek and asked “I don’t know what you want. But don’t involve my kid in this-thing between you and Scott!” Derek raised an eyebrow as he said “yours? His blood says different.” My eyes widened and he replies “werewolves can smell it. You’re not blood related at all. Not to Scott, and not to Romeo. The same can be said of Romeo. And people do tend to talk in small towns. But don’t worry I’m not going to hurt you or the kid. He’s not that bad actually. I came for this”- he took my red flower from out of his jacket. He handed it to me and I said “thanks. I mean”- I glanced up but Derek was gone.

{AN; I found the information on Wikipedia and www.caradorian.com and www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters.