Status: I'm back! With a new story

A Broken Full Moon

Ch.2 You’re A Wolf Pt.1/2

A Broken Full Moon
Ch.2 You’re A Wolf Pt.1/2 You’re A Wolf-Sea Wolf

“I guess I will meet you on the bleachers?” Eli asked me at my locker. I nodded as I answered “yeah, I just have to see what Scott wants. I didn’t catch him this morning or at lunch.” He smiled as and said “alright, I’ll let you go now.” I nodded as he turned and walked away. His walk was one of ease as I stared. Elias was a carefree guy, and I was complicated. I mean we were opposites at most things, but had a lot in common as well. I sighed as I grabbed my shoulder bag and headed to the boys locker room.
Hey! No dirty thoughts I just wanted to know what Scott wanted to tell me. I sneaked past the coach’s office. He had a big window that could let him see so I crawled underneath it and ran in. As I opened the doors to the room and speed walked through to try and find Scott. “Girl in the locker room! Girl in the locker room!” I turned and faced Jackson who was calling that. I rolled my eyes as I snapped “shut up Jackson! If I get raped it’s on you.” I turned and left him laughing and ran into a shirtless Isaac.
I felt awkward as I stepped back. Even if Isaac was my friend, he was still a guy. I blushed heavily and I averted my gaze as I nonchalantly said “hey, Isaac. Funny running into you here…in the guy’s locker…room…” I cut myself off. I looked up to see him chuckle and he asked “well. Seeing as I’m on the lacrosse team, you could find me here changing getting ready for lacrosse.” I grinned sheepishly as he asked “you’re looking for Scott and Stiles?” I nodded and he pointed and said “you should find them that way. I’ll see you later Alex.” I nodded as I made a dash for the way he pointed.
As I rounded a corner I saw Scott shirtless-gross!-with a clothed Stiles. I walked towards them and heard Stiles ask “do you think Allison knows about her dad?” I asked “Allison knows what?” They jumped and Scott started “Alex! What are you doing here?” I rolled my eyes and answered “well you said you had to tell me something?” Stiles interrupted “this is the guy’s locker room which means no females, hence you.” I rolled my eyes and said “what? It’s not like there’s much to look at?” Stiles mouth opened and closed and I turned to Scott who looked miserable and asked “what’s got you like this?” Scott answered “Allison’s dad is a hunter. He’s not just a hunter but the leader of them. That’s what I wanted to tell you.”
I looked at him in shock. This is all we needed! I groaned exasperation as Scott started to complain about how his life was over. Silly teenagers and first loves. I walked away from them and sneaked passed the coach and made my way to the bleachers. I walked across the field and sat on the second to last bottom step beside Eli. He was busy in writing in his notebook. He was sitting with his legs on the bottom step in a lazy fashion. I sat cross legged beside him, Eli was a writer much like me, but I preferred keeping them locked away from everyone where Eli liked to show them too few people. He was a poet and I a song writer, he a down to earth kind of guy and I was a dreamer.
After a few seconds he looked up and smiled at me which I returned. “What did Scott want?” He asked curiously. I shrugged as I lied “just some advice on women. You know he likes Allison.” He hmmed me in response, I sighed as I took out my Civics homework and started on it. That was the good thing with Eli he didn’t feel the need to fill silences with talk like Stiles, he just went with it. After a while I noticed he kept staring at me. Without looking up I asked “something on your mind Eli?” He came out of his thoughts and answered “you seem tense. Like something’s worrying you.” This whole Scott situation was more than enough without adding Allison’s dad into the mix. I sighed and answered “I’m perfectly fine.” He said “you know, I’ve been here a short while Alex. But, you’re my closest friend; if you ever need to…talk…I’m here for you.” At that I smiled big at him and said “thanks Eli. I’ll take you up on that.”
Soon our attention went to practice as Jackson was protecting the goalie; I clapped as he took some people down. Even if he was mean in the locker room he was still good. I cheered for him saying “come on Jackson!” He turned and saw me and sent me a small proud grin as he took down some more players including Isaac. I winced at that one and called out “you good Izzy?” He raised a hand in an okay sign. Coach Finstock sent me glares. Now, Scott was going against Jackson, I shut up as I didn’t want them to think I was on the other’s side. Although I was on Scott’s side he was my brother after all. Jackson sent Scott to the ground and I notice Finstock rile him up. They went at it again but Scott sent Jackson down hard to the ground as everyone surrounded him. I turned to Scott to see him in pain.
Eli got stood and asked “is Scott alright?” I saw Stiles start dragging him to school and I said “I’m gonna go check.” With that I ran but someone wrapped an arm around my waist and a hand on mouth. I started to kick and scream but they were muffled by the man’s hand. I saw that we had backed into the forest. “Shh! It’s just me.” I heard the familiar voice and sagged in relief. It was just Derek. Derek?! What was he doing here? He released me and I turned to face him as my breathing turned normal and my cheeks flushed. I asked “what are you doing here?”
He said “Scott needs to learn control. I can teach him, but he can’t play Saturday. Convince him not to” I sighed as I had come to the same conclusion. I said “he’s too stubborn to listen to me.” He sighed and said “he’s putting his family, friends and everyone at risk.” I sighed and said “I’ll try and talk to him.” I turned away and started running towards the school.
I opened the locker room to see Scott corner Stiles in his hybrid form. Scott turned to me and I ran to Stiles as we both hid against a wall and Stiles grabbed the extinguisher and sprayed Scott.
As he calmed down Stiles explained about how his pulse is tied with the change and I said “that’s why you can’t play Saturday Scott.” Scott argued “I’m first line!” Stiles stated “you might have a little problem if you end up killing someone on the field. You can’t play Saturday.” Nodded and Scott whined “but I’m first line.” Stiles responded “not anymore.”
{BREAK}
As I picked up Rome Scott was depressed. Rome tried to cheer him up offering Scott his gummy bears but it was no use. Rome looked so sad that I decided to say “you know what I think we should make pizza!”
{BREAK}
Well, after making a mess in the kitchen and cleaning up I bathed Rome. I tucked him in and he asked “mommy?” I said “yeah, sweetheart?” He asked “can you read me a story?” I grinned and said “sure, pumpkin. What do you feel like hearing?” He sat thoughtful for a moment and answered “little red riding hood.” I grinned at this, with Scott and his…furry little problem and this story were ironic. I grabbed the book off his case; there were some braille there since Gloria was teaching him that. I started off “once upon a time…”
{BREAK}
“….little red riding hood knocked on her grandmother’s door”- I was cut off as I heard thumps coming from Scott’s room. Rome asked “mommy what was that?” I assured him “nothing, Rome Scott probably fell. I’ll check on him and be right back.” Rome nodded and I carefully crept to Scott’s room to find him against his wall terrified I tentatively asked “Scott?” He looked at me and I asked “are you alright?” He nodded as he looked around. I raised my eyebrows and walked back to Rome’s room.
As I enter I see a dark shadow had taken my place beside Rome and was reading to him. I quickly notice who the voice belongs to as I gasp “Derek.” I’d recognize those eyes anywhere. He motioned me to be quiet, Romeo heard me though and excitedly whispered “mommy come read with us.” My legs moved forward subconsciously and I sat on Rome’s bed, a few inches away from Derek. Why couldn’t I just stop thinking about him? So, he was really, really good looking so what? I’d seen good looking guys around but they never made me think about them. What was so special about Derek Hale?
Derek eyed all of my movements, he continued “the wolf sneaked into little red riding hood’s grandma’s house. The grandmother was tucked in bed and very old so she couldn’t see very well”- Derek cut off and handed me the book I took it as I read “the grandmother called ‘who is it?’ the wolf mimicked little red riding’s voice and answered ‘it’s me. Little red riding hood.’ The grandmother replied ‘oh, come in, come in!’” I handed it back to Derek who continued “The wolf stalked over as the grandmother let out a gasp as she saw that it was not her granddaughter but a wolf. The wolf stalked over and ate her all up.” Derek’s eyes focused on me as he said the last sentence no doubt finding it amusing. He passed the book back to me and I started reading “little red riding remembered her grandmother and hurried to her house. She knocked and a voice asked ‘who is it?’ The wolf had dressed like little red riding hood’s grandmother and had mimicked her voice. Little red riding hood answered ‘it’s is I. Little red riding hood.’”
I passed it back to Derek who continued “come in, come in! Let red riding hood stood back some but the wolf said ‘come a bit closer my dear.’ Little red riding stepped closer.” Derek handed me the book and I read “and she asked ‘grandmother why what big ears you have.” Derek didn’t need the book as he looked directly at me and recited “the wolf answered ‘the better to hear you with.’” I looked at Derek now are gazes locked as I now said ‘little red riding hood took a step back as she asked ‘what big eyes you have.’”
Derek leaned in closer to me and said “the better to see you with.” I nervously looked away and to the book and at the book before looking back at Derek and replying “little red riding took another step back and asked ‘grandmother what big teeth you have.’” We stared at each other and Derek smirked as he was inches away and replied “the better to eat you with.” I shivered and grabbed the book while and continued the tale with Derek. His eyes never left my face. The flush on my cheeks permanent as his eyes never strayed. “…the end.” Derek summarized, we both looked at each other until I looked down at Rome whose eyes were flickering to stay open. I chuckled as I ran my fingers through his curly golden strands.
He yawned sleepily as I smiled down at him. “Mommy?” I looked at him and answered “yeah, pumpkin?” He smiled and said “can Daddy tuck me in?” My heart literally stopped as did my fingers through his hair. Why? What made him think- “mommy?” I looked down at him and was gently gonna set him straight but Derek shocked me as he said “sure, kid.” I looked at him in shock as he moved the stuff away and began tucking Rome in.
As Rome fell asleep he called out “night mommy, night daddy.” That broke my heart and I turned to Derek who was staring down at Rome an unreadable look on his face. I walked over and laid a kiss on Rome’s head and started walking out. Derek followed me. I turned the light off and closed the door and turned around to confront Derek. I whispered “what are you doing here?” Derek looked down at me and answered “I talked to Scott about playing Saturday.” I questioned “what did he say?” Derek rolled his eyes and stood alert only to quickly move away as I heard a door open and I turned back to Derek to find him gone.
“Alex, what are you doing?” Scott asked. I whipped around and answered “nothing. I just tucked in Rome. Go to sleep Scott.” He nodded and walked back in. I sighed and walked back to my room. I pulled my hair out of its ponytail and ruffled it as I headed to my room. I opened my door and closed it with my foot only to jump when I see Derek was behind it. I glared at him as he smirked. He walked around my room and muttered and I swear it sounded like “just how I remembered.” But Derek’s never been in here. I asked him “how’d you get in?” He motioned to the door and I asked “no, I mean into the house.” He answered “through Romeo’s window.” My heart froze and speeded up as I asked “why?”
He sat in my chair and said “well, I think he’s the only willing McCall to help me.” I glared at him and said “I don’t feel comfortable knowing you can just pop up any time in my son’s room.” Derek smirked as he said “no, our son, remember?” I glared hard at him as I answered “you think you’re funny don’t you? But I’m the one who has to deal with telling Rome that you’re not his dad how do you think he’s going to feel? It’s not going to be funny when he expects for you to be around every day.” Derek slowly walked up to me, seriousness in his expression. He said “alright, I get it. I thought I was doing a favor, you going to crush his dreams about having a dad?” My heart clenched painfully, since Rome was one he’d been asking where his dad was, and I always said he was away and that he would come one day. I mean, he met Derek and Derek’s the only other man beside Scott and Stiles that have been in the house, Rome obviously concluded that since Derek was the only male to do that, that Derek was his dad.
I sighed annoyed as I sat on my bed with my head in my hands; this added to Scott’s werewolf problems, added with the Argents was a lot to handle. I felt my bed move and I looked up to see Derek beside me. Derek said “look, just let it go. Rome needs his mom you know and a dad even if you don’t think so.” I glared and he rolled his eyes while saying “I’m doing you a favor, all you have to do is get Scott to not play and convince him that I can help him.” I groaned and stated “I tried, Stiles tried, it’s no use.”
Derek stood and said “well, try harder.” He went to my window and he said “remember, keep your window unlocked.” He turned around, but I grabbed his arm as I asked “why?” He glanced at my hand around his bicep and smirked as he said “you don’t want me to come in through Romeo’s window.” He climbed through as I followed him and he winked as he said “how else am I supposed to come in?” He jumped and I watched him run and blend into the forest while I whispered/yelled out to the darkness “the door?!” I heard a chuckle echo in my ears. As I got ready for bed I couldn’t help but think about the conversation with Derek. As I lay trying to sleep I thought of the one in the car that night when he drove Allison home. The last conscious thought I had was how the hell did Derek know where I lived that night?
{BREAK}
The next day past fast as I had lunch and talked with Eli, and Boyd. There wasn’t any lacrosse practice today so I waited by my car for Scott. After fifteen minutes he didn’t come out I called him “Scott?” He answered “yeah, Alex?” I sighed and answered “where are you? I’m waiting for you outside the school.” He answered “oh, I uh, I got a ride from Stiles.” I saw Stiles get in his Jeep across from me as he waved at me and I waved back. I told Scott “really? Hmm. Okay, then, see you later Scott.” What was he hiding from me? I mean if he was with Allison he could’ve just told me. I got in my car and was heading to Gloria’s for work when I realized I had forgotten the children’s snacks in my room.
I headed back and saw Stiles’ Jeep so he and Scott were here. I climbed up the stairs and I ran to my room and got the bag of stuff, as I headed to Scott’s room to tell him I was leaving when I heard Stiles ask “are you kidding? What?” I stopped and stood silent as I started eavesdropping. “There was something buried there. I smelled blood.” I sucked in air as I wondered who he was talking about. “That’s awesome, I mean that’s terrible. Whose blood?” Scott answered “I don’t know, but when we do, your dad nails Derek for the murder”-I covered my gasp with my hand. Scott continued obviously not hearing me “and then you and Alex help me play lacrosse without changing. Because there is no way that I am not playing that game.” Stiles asked “so why aren’t we telling Alex this?”
Scott sighed and said “because she wouldn’t let us. She thinks Derek’s innocent and she’d probably stop us.” I heard Stiles say “yeah, but we could really use her for this.” Scott said “no Stiles. She’d choose Derek’s side on this, she’d never believe us.” I ran out to my car as I drove. I didn’t know what to do. Scott had found blood, but did that mean Derek was a killer? I didn’t think he could kill someone but then again I didn’t know him. He could’ve killed me multiple times, but he didn’t. On the other hand….I sighed and headed to Gloria’s, I’d ask Derek about it tomorrow.
{BREAK}
I grinned down at Rome as I tucked him in. “Is daddy coming?” I looked down at him and his voice sounded so hopeful. I sighed as I said “Rome…he had to do other things…but maybe he’ll come in a few days. Sleep sweetie.” I kissed his forehead as I turned out his lights. I went back to my room and went to sleep. Tomorrow after picking Romeo up I’d go to Derek’s house and see what was up.
{BREAK}
“Why so tense?” I looked at Eli as I was at my locker it was the end of the day and Scott was at practice. I would go visit him with Rome. I knew he wouldn’t hurt us but just in case I brought my new Taser I had just gotten. I grabbed my bag and turned to him as I said “I’m going to see someone and I need to get there fast.” I started speed walking, as I turned Eli walked with me asking “who? It seems…like it’s an emergency.” I rolled my eyes and started saying “it kind of is Eli. Scott and Stiles are doing stupid stuff and I need to tell Derek”- Eli asked “who’s Derek?” I sighed as I said “no one. Look, don’t take it personal but I really have to go.” I walked to my car and sped away to pick up Rome.
Elias P.O.V
“Right, he’s no one.” I said as I saw Alex speed away. This Derek guy had her tense, was he the reason she’d been so tense recently? I needed to talk to Scott or Stiles. I walked over to the field but they weren’t at practice, where were they?”
Scott P.O.V
“So wait…Allison thinks Alex is dating Derek?” Stiles asked me. I sighed and rolled my eyes as we waited for his dad and the deputies I replied “yes Stiles, didn’t you hear me the first time? Allison said they seemed comfortable with each other…like they were so used to each other and she asked me about him and he said he was my friend and it just got twisted around. So, in the end Allison thinks Derek is Alex’s boyfriend and that I’m an overprotective brother.” Stiles laughed and said “oh, you’re gonna get your werewolf ass kicked.” I sighed in exasperation.

{BREAK}
Alex P.O.V
I grabbed Rome and he asked “where are we going?” I answered “to see daddy.” He instantly got excited while I thanked Gloria. I sped off to Derek’s to see him in handcuffs and his eyes locked onto my shocked ones. “What the hell?” I said to Scott who shrugged and I slapped him extra hard on the head and he growled at me and I glared as I said “you are in so much trouble.” I walked to the sheriff’s car as Scott called me. I opened the door and yanked Stiles out by his collar and delivered a punch to his shoulder as he cried out. I sat down in the passenger’s seat and looked at the man who I couldn’t get enough of and I knew he was innocent by just looking at him.