Status: I'm back! With a new story

A Broken Full Moon

Ch.3 You Better Run, Better Run

A Broken Full Moon
Ch.3 You Better Run, Better Run
Pumped Up Kicks-Foster The People
(Pack Mentality-[whole episode!])
“How was your weekend?” I walked into school with Elias as I answered “it was alright. A bit boring, how about you?” He scoffed and answered “a lot of heavy lifting, my back is still sore.” I smiled and said “you should’ve called me! I would’ve helped.” He rolled his eyes and said “yeah, no offense Alex but I don’t think you could help me out in that department.” I rolled my eyes as I went to my locker. He stood beside me as I grabbed my books and walked me to class. He said “oh, I’m sitting with Tyler at lunch, today.” Tyler was one of the few friends he had made in his music class. I nodded as we stopped at my class and he said “don’t miss me too much.” I replied “I think I’ll manage.” He sent me a wink and I was about to go to my class when Scott appears out of nowhere and asks “Alex, have you seen Allison?!” I remember and say “oh, yeah. She was walking to her economics class.” He rushed passed me and I rolled my eyes as I walked into my class.
{BREAK}
I walked to my Chemistry class and sat down. I had this class with Scott and Stiles. I sat behind Stiles. “Where were you this morning?” I questioned Stiles. Stiles began explaining Scott’s dream and about the bus incident. That’s why Scott was in such a hurry this morning. The three of us started talking about what could have happened, Scoot tried “Maybe it was my blood on the door.” I contemplated this. Stiles suggested “could have been animal blood, you know maybe you caught a rabbit or something.” Scott asked “and did what?” I rolled my eyes and said “obviously you ate it.” Scott asked “raw?” I rolled my eyes as Stiles replied “no, you stopped to bake in a little werewolf oven.” I reasoned “yeah, Scott. Really? You’re a you-know-what and you have that little problem obviously you didn’t cook it.” Stiles reasoned “I don’t know. You’re the one that can’t remember anything.”
“Mr. Stilinski if that’s your idea of a hushed whisper you might want to pull out the headphones out every once in a while,” Mr. Harris called out. Stiles asked “what?” Mr. Harris said “I think you and the McCall siblings would benefit better from a distance, yes?” My face turned red as the students eyed us. I rolled my eyes as I moved over beside Erika. “Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be a little too much,” Mr. Harris said. I glared at him, I was one of his best students I still hated this class so much. I said to Erika “hey, Erika.” She smiled and gave me a smile. “Ms. McCall, maybe you and Mr. Stilinski seem not to know how to whisper.” I replied “yeah, I wasn’t really trying.” He turned to me and said “well, is that the anxiety taking place?” I smirked as the class laughed. My face was still flushed but I responded “you can tell me to stop talking, but you can’t make me.” He was about to say something when a girl announced “hey, I think they found something!” We all ran to the windows and I pushed Stiles out the way so I could see. We saw a body in a gurney being rolled to the ambulance.
“All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
Better run, better run”
Scott and I said at the same time “that’s not a rabbit.” Then all of a sudden he jumped up screaming. I jumped back into Stiles and grabbed his hand in my own. Now, before you say anything, I was afraid and he was closest to me. We all walked away slowly as Stiles said “this is good, this is good. He got up, he’s not dead. Dead guys can’t do that.” I let go of Stiles hand reluctantly and Scott said “guys, I did that.”
“Better run, better run
Faster than my bullet”
I replied “no, Scott. You weren’t yourself.”
{BREAK}
I waved a hello to Eli as I grabbed a water bottle, apple, brownie, and chicken sandwich. I sat with Stiles and Scott since we were discussing Scott’s little problem. I sat down in between them and Stiles said “what makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?” I interjected “because he’s the only other werewolf we know, that’s willing to help, even if he doesn’t have all the answers he could help us.” I took a bite of my apple as Scott nodded in agreement and said “and because during the full moon he wasn’t changed. He was in total control, while I was running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy.” Stiles answered “you don’t know that.” Scott countered, “I don’t not know that.” I sighed and said “still, Scott, don’t be too hard on yourself.” Scott sighed dejectedly and said “I can’t go out with Allison, I’ll have to cancel.” Stiles said “no, you’re not canceling. You just can’t cancel your entire life.” I said “Stiles is right Scott, besides we’ll figure it out.”
I raised my eyebrows as Lydia sat down and, asked “figure what out?” Stiles stuttered but Scott answered “homework.” Stiles turned to us “why is she sitting with us?” I said “I don’t know, but here’s your chance.” Scott smirked lightly and Stiles stuttered out a “hi.” The lacrosse team, and Allison sat with us, yeah on some occasions I sat with the team, but still though it was my brother’s and Stiles table. Danny started “so I hear that they’re saying it’s some type of animal that did it, probably a cougar.” Jackson replied “I heard mountain lion.” I finished my apple and started on my sandwich, as Lydia said “a cougar is a mountain lion, isn’t it?”
Jackson replied “who cares? The guy’s probably some homeless tweaker who’s going to die anyway.” I had the urge to smack him on the back of his head. Stiles interrupted “actually they just found out who it is. Check it out.” He displayed his phone which basically said he was in the hospital. Scott said “I know this guy,” Allison and I asked “you do?” He looked over at me and said “yeah, when I used to take the bus, back when I lived with my dad, he was the driver.” Lydia interrupted “can we please talk about something slightly more fun, please? Like…..oh. Where are we going tomorrow night. ” She looked at Allison who looked confused. Lydia explained “you said you and Scott were going to hang out tomorrow night, right?” Allison responded “um, we were thinking of what we we’re going to do.” Lydia remarked “well, I am not sitting at home again watching lacrosse videos,” I wrinkled my nose at that prospect. Lydia continued “so if the seven of us are hanging out we are going to do something fun.” Allison again asked “seven of us?” Lydia answered “yes, seven. You and Scott, me and Jackson and…” She trailed off looking at Stiles and he answered “Stiles.” She nodded and said “Stiles, Alex and…what is his name again?” She questions Allison. Allison answers “Derek.”
My mouth dropped open and I ask “Derek?” I saw Stiles and Scott look at each other nervously. Lydia sighs answers “yeah, your boyfriend Derek.” Blood rushed to my face as I looked over at Scott who looks sheepish and Allison says “yeah…I told Lydia. Scott told me about him” I looked at Scott and Stiles who look away and I mutter “oh.” Allison looks embarrassed as she says “oh, you didn’t want anyone to know! I’m sorry.” I shook my head and said “no, you shouldn’t be sorry.” Stiles said “yeah, I have to…help my dad. I have to help my dad, no good for me.” I respond “yeah, me either. I’ve got plans with…Derek that night.” Lydia shrugged at Stiles and turned to me and said “really? Hmm…I wanted to officially meet that mysterious Derek guy.” I nodded and she turned to Jackson as I whispered to the boys “Oh, you two are in so much trouble.” They both gulped.
Scott asked Allison “hanging out? Like the four of us? Do you want to hang out like us and them?” Allison responds “yeah, I guess, sounds fun.” The look Scott got on his face at this revelation, made me forget my anger at him at that moment. Jackson stated “you know what else sounds fun? Stabbing myself in the face with this fork.” He held up the fork but Lydia moved it. I said “what’s got your boxers in a bunch? You’re being so dramatic today.” Jackson rolled his eyes as Lydia gets an idea as she gasps “how about bowling? You love to bowl!” She exclaimed to Jackson. He snapped “yeah, with actual competition.” I was about to defend Scott when Allison stepped in and said “how do you know were not actual competition? You can bowl, right?” She asked Scott. I smirked down at my brownie as I unwrapped it and gave Stiles and Scott a piece. Stiles scarfed it down as Scott picked at it as he said “sort of.” Jackson asked “is it sort of or yes?” I pressed to the bottle to my lips as I took a drink while Scott answered “yes, in fact, I’m a great bowler.”
I choked on my water as my face turned red as I tried to not laugh. I grabbed a napkin as I wiped my mouth. Everyone looked at me and I quickly said “I was just thinking about…something.” Lydia smirked and asked “who? Derek?” I blushed and answered “no.” My voice sounded off as everyone gave me looks. I picked at the crumbs of my brownie as she teased “oh, I get it. You were thinking of your…plans with Derek.” She winked at me and the bell rang as I practically ran out of the cafeteria.
{BREAK}
I grinned at Eli as it was the end of the day and Scott and I had work which I had to take him too. He asked “so you seem…better.” I said “you mean when you said I was tense?” He nodded and I said “well, someone gave me some advice about just letting it go, so that’s what I’m doing.” I thought of when Derek told me that. Eli smiled as he said “well, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I nodded as I turned and crashed into Scott as I heard Stiles exclaim “…am I attractive to gay guys?” I turned to him as he repeated the question I answered “I don’t know…but you’re adorable to me.” With a smile I took off after Scott.
I got in and started driving off with Scott complaining about ‘hanging out’ with Allison, I interrupted “Scott, don’t be an idiot. This can still work just imagine it as a double date not hanging out. Who cares if it’s not an official date? Who cares about labels? Just get your flirt on with Allison.” I dropped him off as he said “you’re right, thanks Alex.” I waved him away as I said “do you think you can find your ride home after work? I have to stay at Gloria’s an extra hour or two.” He nodded and with that I left to Gloria’s. Jessica, a tiny 3 year olds parents were going to pick her up later than expected because they were going out on a date.
{BREAK}
That night I carried a passed out Rome to bed. I peeked in Scott’s room to see him asleep already. So I dragged myself to bed.
{BREAK}
“So what are your plans tonight?” I grinned at Eli as I said “well, my boss-Gloria-gave me tonight off. So after lacrosse practice I’m gonna pick up Rome and we’re gonna probably watch some movies. What about you?” Eli nodded and answered “family dinner. It’s gonna be fun.” He said it sarcastically. I smiled at him as I walked in front of my class and said “don’t miss me too much.” He smirked lightly and answered “I already do.” With that he left me standing out in the hallway. Was he for real? No, he was just joking. We were only friends. I turned and entered my class.
{BREAK}
“Okay, so the Lion King or A Bug’s life?” I questioned Rome who though and answered “Lion King.” I nodded in approval and said “alright, we have Up, Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift, and Lion King?” Rome nodded. I knew I’d have to narrate books, but with movies he could hear it for himself. We paid for the movies and walked out of the video store. As I was driving there was a dinging noise and I realized I needed some gas. I told Rome “we need some gas, so were going to stop at the gas station, okay sweetheart?” He said “okay mom.” I parked my car and unbuckled Rome out and I heard an engine turn off and I saw Derek’s sleek Camaro so I quickly unscrewed the lid of my gas and put the pump inside of it. We walked inside and Rome asked for some juice while I paid for that and $40 worth of gas. I saw some cars park in front of Derek and saw Allison’s dad. “Oh, no!” I whispered. “What, mom?”
Romeo asked. I said “okay Rome hold my hand and stay behind me, okay? No matter who you hear be quiet, please?” Rome agreed too. As I exited the station I heard Derek say “you forgot to check the oil.” I hurried over to see some guys around Derek as the Huntsman said “check the man’s oil.” I saw the man quickly step up to Derek’s car so I interrupted “Mr. Argent!” Everyone’s head turned to look at me and saw the guy who stepped to Derek’s car back away. Daddy Argent plastered a smile “oh, hello Alejandra.” I acted like everything was normal and said “I thought we agreed on Alex.” He smiled and said “I thought we agreed you call me Chris and I’ll call you Alex.” I smiled and said “oh, right. Well, Chris I heard you guys talk about checking some oil and I’m pretty good at checking under a hood.”
“Really?” He asked, I nodded and he said “well I might need you to check my car out once in a while. Derek, here”- He turned to Derek “needed some help with that. I guess I’ll leave you to it.” He walked over to Derek and said something to him in a low voice. I glanced at the other men uneasily as I noticed one eyeing me. He walked over and gave me a smile and patted Rome’s head in a fatherly way and said “drive safely, you two.” I saw Derek clenching his jaw. Huntsman walked away and I called out “nice seeing you Chris.” As the guy who eyed me made sure to brush against me as he followed Chris. Chris gave a wave as he left and I waved back. I rolled my eyes as Rome launched himself at Derek as soon as the cars were out of hearing range.
As they left I muttered “ass.” I turned to Derek who simply looked at me. I went to my car and filled her up with gas as Derek talked with Rome. I couldn’t believe Chris, he was such a fake, I mean he literally was gonna break Derek’s car window. You do not mess with someone’s car. As my forty dollars filled up I put the pump back as I turned to see Derek, Rome and his Camaro gone.
“Rome?! Derek?!” I yelled as I turned around to try and find them. They were gone. I couldn’t believe him?! He took Rome! I climbed in my car as I revved my car and sped off to try and find them. How was I supposed to find them? I should’ve never let Rome out of my sight. I was going to hunt Derek down myself! I wished I had his number! But I know where he lives…if he took Rome into the forest I was kicking his ass werewolf or not!
{BREAK}
“Yeah Stiles, I told you he ran off with Rome and Scott’s on his date so he won’t pick up his damn phone and I’m freaking out!” I practically yelled into my phone. It had been thirty minutes of waiting at the Hale house, and it looked creepy at night. “Okay! Okay! Look you stay there, maybe”-I tuned him out as the sleek Camaro came into view. Derek climbed out pulling a sleeping Rome out. I snatched Rome off of him as I started peppering Rome’s face with kisses. I hugged him and sent Derek a glare as I walked to my car.
“Ale, stop.” I buckled Rome in and made my way to the driver’s side. Derek grabbed my arm spinning me around and said “look, I just- I took him to see someone, my uncle. I had to go visit him and well I decided to take Rome with me.” I sighed and looked up at him as I said “and you couldn’t tell me?” He looked at me and rolled his eyes and said “well, I tried but you were too busy being angry to hear me.” I glared at him and said “well, he’s my son. Don’t ever try another stunt like that or it won’t be the hunters you have to worry about.” Derek smirked and leaned in as he pinned me to my door. My stupid heart gave me away as it pounded hard and fast as he asked “are you threatening me?” I leaned away as a blush appeared on my face and answered “no.” I shoved and he moved away as I got in my car as he started walking I called out “no, I was warning you.”
{BREAK}

After tucking in Rome I turned to my room I dressed in my Tweety bird camisole and short shorts as well as slippers and was about to go to bed, but I heard voices screaming. I grabbed my Taser as I raced out of my room to the source of the noise with Scott trailing behind me , Scott’s room, to find Stiles and mom both looking terrified as my mom had a bat in hand. I raised an eyebrow at mom who sighed and said “can you please tell your friend to use the front door?” Scott replied “but we lock the door. He wouldn’t be able to get in.” She quipped “yeah, exactly. And by the way does anyone care that there’s a police enforced curfew?” I shook my head as we all replied “no.” Mom repeated “no? Well, alright then, that’s enough parenting for me tonight.”
Stiles sighed, and Scott and I immediately asked “what?” Stiles replied “my dad left for the hospital fifteen minutes ago. The bus driver, they said he succumbed to his wounds.” Scott questioned “succumbed?” Stiles explained “Scott, he’s dead.” That left Scott shocked and torn as he jumped out the window. Stiles looked on in shock as I sighed and wanted to go after him but what chance did I have at chasing a werewolf? I looked at Stiles and asked “why do I have a feeling that’s not all that happened recently?” So, Stiles spent the next hour explaining how Scott asked Derek for help, how they went to the bus at night and what they found or concluded. Derek had killed the bus driver.
♠ ♠ ♠
{An: Okay so another author’s note. I’m really not into the Pack mentality episode, but I love the Magic Bullet one, so that’s why this one is whole. I want to get started on Magic Bullet. Oh and Ale is pronounced like Alejandra without the jandra, or like Alex without the x noise.}