‹ Prequel: Original Love

Remembering Sundays

The Eight Sunday (Part Two)

Jack’s POV:

As soon as Jack was finished with his shower, he began rushing to get dressed and head back to the dressing room. He had realized that he had forgotten his phone there when he left but by the time he realized he had already been in the shower. So now he was rushing to get back to make sure no one was in his phone since there was some private stuff on there.

For the last week everyone had been bugging him as to why he was acting so weird and each time he just brushed them off. He wasn’t exactly ready to tell yet. He didn’t even fully know what was going on yet, but something was defiantly different this time around. And because of his strange behavior, he didn’t put anything past his friends to snoop in his phone. They all probably knew him well enough to figure out his password in two tries and so it had been a huge mistake to leave his phone behind.

Grabbing his things, he rushed out of the showers and down the hall to the dressing room. The door was closed but he could hear voices coming from the other side as he twisted the knob and pushed it open. The first thing he saw when he walked in was Ben, Alex, Rian, and Zack all huddled together looking at something. Then the second thing that he saw was that the object of their attention was in fact his phone like he had been worried about.

“What are you guys doing?”

All four of them froze as they looked up and saw him standing there. Any other time he would find it amusing that all four of them had the same deer in the headlights look while looking as guilty as ever, but this time he was just pissed. Somehow he knew that they would do this and that they would snoop, but maybe he just didn’t want to believe it.

“Oh, uh, hi Jack,” Alex said, setting the phone down and rubbing the back of your neck. “It’s not what it looks like, I swear,” he continued as Zack just rolled his eyes at him. Everyone knew that Alex wasn’t a good liar.

“Sure you aren’t, you know something told me you guys would be doing things. I happen to forget my phone one time and then you guys are all over it. How did you even figure out my password? Was it that easy?”

Zack sighed, “Actually, Ben did, and we had no clue. But can you really blame us for going through it? We’re worried about you”

“Who’s Erica?”

Leave it to Alex to be blunt. Jack bit his lip as he debated on whether or not to tell them. They already went through his phone so they knew something, just not everything. But they would keep bugging him and trying to find out some other way if he didn’t just tell them. He could see them trying to go through his computer and calling his parents. And that was the last thing he wanted to happen. His mom blew things way out of proportion and didn’t need her involved at all. Yes he loved her, but he got his crazy obnoxious ways from her.

Finally he gave up the internal debate with a sigh and looked up, “She’s this girl I’m sort of seeing.”

“Sort of seeing?” Rian asked with a raised brow. “Dude, when have you never not told us about a girl you’ve been seeing?”

Jack shrugged, “this one’s different. I really like her.”

Alex awed as Zack just rolled his eyes, “Why couldn’t you just tell us then? You’ve had us worried for days. This isn’t like you. We thought something was legit wrong with you like you had brain cancer or something.”

“Really? I can see Alex or Ben coming up with something dramatic like that, but you Zack? Really?” Jack just shook his head as he grabbed his phone from them, pressing a button to see if he had any new messages but was disappointed when he saw he didn’t. “No, I don’t have brain cancer or anything, it’s just different with her. I actually really like her and I only met her a few days before we left. We’ve been texting nonstop since we’ve left.”

“So why didn’t you just tell us?”

“I don’t know, maybe because I didn’t want to jump to conclusions yet. We’re not even official, just talking and everything. We want to take things slow.”

He took a breath trying to calm himself down since he really wasn’t in the mood to have this conversation. And thankfully Flyzik came to his rescue by bursting through the doors in a dramatic manner and started yelling about how they needed to get their asses going and get outside to sign before they left.

The conversation dropped making Jack sigh in relief as the others grabbed their stuff to head to the showers also. The only one who stayed behind was Ben and he took a seat next to Jack on the couch as he began to go through his phone again. They both were shockingly quiet for a while and Jack just checked his texts and sent one to her mentioning the show since she had wanted to know how it had gone since it had been one Jack had been waiting for for a while now.

After he finished, he locked his phone and turned to Ben, “so you really were the one to figure out my passcode?”

“Yeah,” Ben replied with a laugh. “They were being such girls whispering and trying to figure it out. So I decided to save them since they only had one try left and unlocked it for them.”

“And I thought they knew me so well,”

“Yeah, it’s pretty pathetic. But you know you could have just told them. Especially Zack, he’s sort of going through the same thing as you are right now. Him and Em.”

Jack nodded, “I thought about it, but I really didn’t want to say anything until it was official and all. She’s really awesome and mentioned that she wanted to take things slow so I respected that. It’s weird this time. I can actually see myself being with her for a really long time. Not like the others where it was a live in the moment and not care if we’re together in the future. She’s really different.”

“Aw, that’s so cute, I hope everything works out.” Ben replied as Jack blushed and looked away. They were silent for a few moments before Ben sighed and stood up and faced him. “C’mon Jacko, let’s go terrorize the boys in the shower. We’ve been acting like girls long enough tonight; it’s time to become men again!”

Jack couldn’t help but smile as he stood also and they began to devise a plan as they headed back down the hall to where the showers were.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeahy! Two updates in a matter of hours *cheers* lol So you need to sort of thank upxallxnight for how quickly this chapter is up. I was debating on whether or not to update again today but she basically threatened me telling me I needed to get it up or else. Lol not really, but she was the one to make up my mind for me.

So yeah, after this I'm going to get back to the once a week routine I've been doing now and probably will update my new story again tonight so check it out if you like! Thanks to the new subscribers! Comment if you like, I'd love to hear what you guys think of this.