Status: In progress.

Summertime Suicide.

Chapter One.

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

I stood backstage, watching the monitor, as CM Punk stood in the ring bashing my life's existence. He stood there, with that smug look on his face, criticizing me for my life style.

"You know, Jeff, I've never had to go to rehab, because I'm straight-edge. And yet these fans cheer for someone like you. A failure is what you are, and these people applaud that. And you know what? They are going to be just like you. A failure!" CM shot, causing the crowd to boo.

I softly scuffed at his remarks. 'What a hypocrite' was all I could think. I've seen him, and accidentally caught him doing those 'drugs' he so highly claims he doesn't do, and yet preaches being clean. Who the fuck does he think he is? You know, one of these days, karma would strike his ass, and I couldn't hope for it any sooner.

"You'll never be the World Heavyweight Champion, Jeff. Because you're too much of a wreck. And these people need a real leader, and that's just what I'm going to give them" CM continued, and then his music hit as he sat down the microphone, preparing to leave the ring.

What a pompous jackass. He wasn't a leader, and never would be.

"Hey Jeff" someone greeted from the left of me.

Turning my attention from the monitor, my eyes met with Matt's.

"Hey man, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just heard the shit Punk was saying though. I truly don't know why you put up with hearing that, storyline or not", Matt spoke.

I just shrugged.

"It's part of the script, and job" I said.

"Yeah, but you know damn good and well that he means it. He's a fucking tool" he replied.

"I'm sure he does, but what can I do about it?" I questioned.

"Go to the creative department and tell them to stop tarnishing your name. He has to be stopped" he retorted.

"No. I'm going to let him continue"

"No? No?!" he replied, shocked. "Jeff, he needs to be stopped, permanently".

"Don't worry, Matt" I said, resting my left hand on his right shoulder, "a little thing called 'fate' will take care of him. Trust me, I believe in it. And I'll regain my championship, bringing it back to where it rightfully belongs".

Matt looked unsure, but nodded his head.

"I believe you little bro. That belt will be yours".

"You better believe it. Anyhow, I've got a match to gear up for, so I'll see you after" I noted.

"Alright. Best of luck" he said, as I pulled my hand away.

"Thanks man".

I headed off to the locker room to get ready and apply my face paint.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After landing my victory, I headed to the back to get washed up so I could head out with Matt. Walking backstage, I walked by a familiar face.

"Well, well, if it isn't Mister Rehab himself" Punk antagonized with a half-assed grin on his face.

I pressed on, preparing to walk by him.

"Not gonna say anything? What's the matter, Jeff, did I strike a nerve?" he continued.

I could tell he was following me, and honestly, I didn't feel like dealing with his bullshit tonight.

"I'm fucking talking to you, you disrespectful little shit!" he shot.

Stopping in my tracks, I turned around, shoving him back by his chest.

"You do not want to fuck with me, Punk!" I shouted.

"Why not? Huh? What are you going to do if I don't stop?" he badgered.

"You really want to do this, you son of a bitch?! 'Cause I'll fucking knock you out motherfucker!" I threatened.

"Do it then! See if you'll ever get the title! I dare you, you fucking junkie"

"Hey, hey! Knock it off!" Matt shouted, rushing over with Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase JR and Chris Jericho.

Matt and Randy grabbed me, pulling me back, as Chris and Ted did the same to Punk.

"I'll fuck you up Punk! I swear to God!" I yelled, trying to tug away.

"Do it! I'm begging you!" Punk continued.

"Jeff, stop it!" Randy ordered.

Matt and Randy both pulled me into a room, letting me go and trying to calm me down.

"Fighting with him will only get you in trouble, and he's not worth that" Randy spoke.

"But I can't let him get away with the shit he's saying" I retorted.

"Jeff, remember what you said? Karma and fate will get him, and I'm sure of that, too. Let him act like an asshole, he'll get what's coming to him sooner than you think" Matt added, reminding me of my words.

"I know man, you're right. I just can't stand this bullshit" I said, sitting down.

"It'll all be over soon, so don't sweat it" Matt spoke, coming over and sitting next to me.

"I hope so, I really do".

"It will, I promise" Matt confirmed. "Now come on, and let's head out to the hotel".

I nodded my head as we then gathered our belongings and headed out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*Mystery Persons P.O.V.*

I waited and watched my prey, waiting for that opportune moment to strike. He would get his, I'd make sure of it. And there would be no turning back, for him that was. He sat at the bar, drinking. So much for 'straight edge', huh? I stayed in the shadows, waiting for him to leave and head out. Wait, where was he going? His drink sat there next to him, and I could faintly over hear what he was saying.

"Hey, watch my drink. I need to go up to my room and get my eye drops" Punk said to the bartender.

"Sure thing, Sir"

He walked off, leaving his drink behind and heading for the near by elevator in the hotel. As soon as he got on there, and the doors shut, I made my move. Going to the bar, I stood next to the placement where Punk had previously been. Now to distract the bartender.

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'd like a rum and coke please" I requested.

"Coming right up. Just watch this gentlemans drink for me if you could" he instructed.

"Will do" I agreed, giving a polite smile.

He turned away and headed over to make my drink. Swiftly, I pulled out a tiny, clear bottle from my pocket, getting closer to Punk's drink. Twisting off the cap, I looked at the half full liquid contents and quickly began squirting them into the drink until every drop was gone. Putting the cap on, I shoved it into my pocket once more, and quickly stirred the drink with the straw that was in it, making sure I put it right back where it was. Smiling to myself, I waited for my drink which came seconds later.

"Here you go, Sir" the bartender said, setting my drink down.

"Thank you" I replied, putting my money down for it, and heading off to my table.

Too bad Punk made a trip for nothing. I sat down and waited and watched as more people went up there to get drinks. If he was looking for his eye drops for his so-called 'damaged eye', he'd find them.. But not where he'd expect to. No, they'd be long gone as soon as he drank his beverage. I saw him come back moments later, and by then my drink was gone. Standing up, I glanced over there, watching as he began to down his drink. Phase one, completed. Grinning to myself, I headed out, leaving behind the scene and preparing what needed to be done next. It would only be a matter of time...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

"Jeff! Jeff, wake up man!" Matt pushed, shaking me roughly.

"What, what..? I'm up..." I mumbled, opening my eyes.

"Something's going on downstairs... Come on!" he stated.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know. There's an ambulance outside and police" he answered.

I sat up and pushed the covers off me.

"Shit man... That can't be good" I said, between a yawn.

"Meet me downstairs in the lobby, 'cause we need to go, and all my things are in the car" he instructed.

"I'll be down in a minute" I replied.

"Alright, just hurry".

"Yeah, yeah.." I grumbled.

I got out of bed as Matt left the room. I didn't get why he was in such a rush to get out of here. I put my pants on, pulled my hair back in a ponytail, and grabbed my belongings. Making sure everything was packed, I brushed my teeth, tossing my toothbrush in my bag and heading off downstairs to the lobby. When I got down there, people were standing around talking, and some were visibly upset. What the hell was going on? There were various WWE guys here, all talking, and I just looked for Matt. Police were around, talking to some of the staff from the hotel, but I couldn't hear anything from where I was. I spotted Matt outside, but was abruptly stopped when elevator doors opened and two paramedics came out, wheeling a stretcher. There appeared to be a boy under the white sheet, but I couldn't tell who it was. I walked outside when the coast was cleared, quickly going over to Matt, who was waiting by the car.

"Did you hear what happened?" I asked, curiously.

"Someone died last night. That's all I know. I keep hearing their might have been foul play" Matt stated.

"Holy shit, man... I wonder who it was" I said.

"I don't know. But I think Vince does. He called everybody and told us to get to the arena as soon as possible" he advised.

"Well... Shit. I guess we should go".

I put my stuff in the trunk and we headed for the arena. To be honest, I was afraid to hear the news.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When we arrived at the arena, we patiently awaited all the wrestlers to arrive so Vince could tell us what was going on. As soon as everyone gathered, Vince stood before us, and I could tell he was not pleased.

"As most of you know, something happened at the hotel during the night. One of our very own has passed away. Phillip Brooks, better known as CM Punk to the WWE Universe, died last night. Apparently, the hotel staff was alerted when someone called to report they heard noises in his room. Nobody is sure what happened until they run an autopsy. There's talk that it could have been natural causes, and talks that it could have been suicide, or even murder. The police may need to question some of you, but until then, just remain calm and watch out for any odd behavior" Vince announced.

Holy shit. Punk was dead? This couldn't be real. I may not have really liked him, but I didn't expect this to happen.

"What's going to become of the title?" Randy asked.

"I guess it'll be vacant for the time being. But right now, that is the last thing on my mind" Vince replied.

Vince walked out after, and I looked over at Matt.

"I can't believe it man" I said, stunned.

"You were the one that said karma would get him... Apparently, it did" Matt responded.

"Matt, I didn't mean like this. The man is dead.." I shot.

"Don't act like you liked him. Face it, he got what he deserved" he spat.

"How could you be so fucking heartless?" I questioned.

Matt stood up, grabbing a hold of me by my arm and tugging me up. He pulled me out of the room and into a secluded hallway.

"I'm not being heartless, Jeff. But he got what he deserved. He was an arrogant asshole, who preached about straight-edge lifestyles, and we all know he wasn't. And he talked about you like you were the scum of the earth" Matt shot.

"Maybe he did, but this doesn't make anything right! That's all I'm saying" I retorted.

"Well, you need to watch your back. Everyone knew he hated you, and if there was any kind of foul play, you could be a suspect" he announced.

"Jeez, thanks man. But you know I didn't fucking do anything if it was natural causes, and I certainly would never, ever kill somebody" I said.

"I know you wouldn't. Besides, you were in the room all night, so don't sweat it" he reminded.

"I'm not. I wonder if we'll be informed about anything that gets developed" I pondered.

"I have no idea, but I'm sure Vince will tell us so we can know".

"I hope so..."

This seemed beyond unreal. I didn't even know how to take it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize the Punk/Hardy feud happened years ago, but that's when I started writing this story. I hope maybe somebody will find this story interesting, as I tried to take a new approach to something I've never really written before, & wanted to share it & get constructive criticism. Thanks for reading!
Also, there are a lot of characters in this story that I do NOT have listed in the character list, such as Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase Jr, Shane McMahon, Vince McMahon, etc.