Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

22. Walking After Dark

Zoey Cornell's Point of View

“What did you do that for?” Katie screeched.

“She attacked. I couldn’t let her kill my, uh, friend!” Lee yelled back.

“Well maybe your stupid little god could’ve saved her. Although, he hates mythical creatures. He would save you right?” Katie yelled. How ‘bout that. She knew too.

“They’re not little…” Mollee muttered.

“The gods don’t hate mythical creatures. Pan, the god of the wild, loves satyrs and everything. Satyrs are mythical creatures!” Percy shouted.

Grover pulled out reed pipes for music. Lee smiled, trying not to dance. His dad was the god of music after all. Grover played a quick tune and Katie screeched in pain. She walked away, carrying Alice’s body and head in her arms.

“I’m going to follow her,” I said. “I wanna know where she is going.” I slowly moved forward and Lee grabbed my arm.

“Not without me,” he said. He gave me a toothy grin.

Suddenly, I was facing a monster. A hellhound. It was giant, had gray fur, and a slobbery mouth. It growled and looked at me with red eyes. I made a huge mistake by looking into the eyes. He attacked. I grabbed my celestial bronze and temper steel sword. I was terrified. I got up and lunged at his heart. It was sad and I couldn’t find myself to do it. The dogs looked at me and I felt really bad. Soon I noticed a boy was on it.

“Nico?” Percy asked.

“What’s up?” the boy exclaimed, shaking his black hair that was oddly cute.

“How old are you?” I asked. The boy shrugged and I sighed.

“We gotta go! The Katie girl is gone!” Lee said.

Lee, Mollee, and I ran off to find her. But I had a feeling Percy wasn’t going to trust us. Was it right to also feel like he was going to send someone after us? Sure enough, Nico was there with his hellhound when I looked back.

“C’mon,” I said and Nico and his hellhound ran up to me. I think he smiled.

“You know, Alice Cullen’s not dead,” Nico said.

“What do you mean she’s not dead?! Lee killed her!” Mollee yelled.

Nico shook his head no. My smile turned into a frown and Lee just looked sad.

“How do you kill them?” I asked.

Nico gave me a you-are-crazy look. He answered anyway. “I don’t know.” I could tell it was a lie. I guess it was too brutal for us to know. “I will tell you soon if my dreams are correct.”

I nodded. I had violent dreams too. Everyone did. It was the horrible part of being a demigod.

“Oh, it’s getting dark. We should rest,” Mollee said. We were now in a forest. She sat down against a log and was asleep instantly.

“How could she be tired?” I asked.

Lee shrugged. Nico took his monster and lied down on the ground next to it. The, uh, monster fell asleep too. I was still awake, trying to avoid terrible demigod dreams of course.

“Zo, you still awake?” Lee asked in a whispered tone.

“Yes,” I whispered-yelled.

Lee walked over and sat down in front of me.

“What do you think about the vampire thing? I mean I thought she was dead,” Lee said.

“I’m shocked, and the same way Grover smells her, she can smell us. So she knows when we are coming. No sneak attacks, alright?” I said. Lee nodded and then smiled. “What?” I asked.

“Go to Tartarus,” he joked.

“That was clever, but how can we get them there?” I asked. Lee laughed and I playfully punched his arm.

“Where did you get your sword?” Lee asked, changing the subject.

“Athena. She gave it to me right before we received the prophecy. She says this is a smart choice but I doubt. Chiron is going to find us and we are going to be toast!” I whispered-yelled.

“Hmm. Should of thought of that before. But get this. Look what I got from that Katie chick.” Lee smiled and held up a black wallet with a sky blue Evanescence logo on it. So that’s what he took.

“You stole Katie’s wallet! You are such a son of Hermes,” I whispered.

“Picked something up from them. Smart kids. It’s not like she is actually going to need it,” Lee said.

“Sure about that? Well, okay. Too bad she saw you take it,” I said, a smirk on my face.

Lee’s eyes widened. “She did?”

I nodded and crossed my arms. “And remember how the gods said one of them could read minds?”

Lee nodded.

“Katie’s the one,” I said.

“Shit…”

“You know she’s going to want it back.”

“Yeah… Hmm. Her eyes are pretty,” Lee said. I punched him. “Ares! And what’s with the punches?”

“That’s for being stupid! And you like Katie, don’t you?” I curiously and a tad bit jealously asked. I mean, she was a vampire. The concept is just weird!

“Nah, she’s too clean. Plus, she’s a vampire. The whole thing is just weird,” Lee said.

“That’s what I thought!” I exclaimed. Mollee started snoring really loud. Attractive, I thought.

“Yep. Wait! You were thinking about Katie and me together? Jealous much?” Lee asked.

“No. And good thing you don’t like Katie like that. If she had a mate, he would come and kill you,” I said. I picked up a few things here and there from the Twilight movies. “Aphrodite, Persephone, or Nemesis?” I guess that was our new game: To call out which god or goddess we acted like.

Lee smiled. “How do you know that?” he asked, handing me a chocolate bar that came from his pocket. When the hell did he get this?

“Uh, found it in, uh, Katie’s backpack. Had Guido get it for me. She had some Twilight shit in there,” I lied. Guido didn’t get shit for me. I don’t even know if Katie has a backpack full of Twilight stuff. I lied because Lee would surely laugh at me if he knew I saw the Twilight movies. If he believed this lie, he would probably call me Hermes.

“Hermes-” What did I tell ya? – “Athena. And Aphrodite.” Lee yawned and lied down.

“Why Aphrodite? She’s the goddess of love and beauty,” I stated.

But Lee was simply asleep, leaving my question unanswered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: "Kill the DJ" by Green Day

Hi guys! ^-^

-Carii