Status: In the process of being written =) Stick with me for a great story that may hit some of you a litle closer to home <3

Only Up From Here

Dancing With Angels

Kali’s P.O.V.

As I woke to the sun shinning through my window and I took a deep breath. I didn’t remember getting to my room; then again I was dead tired. I heard a noise coming from the opposite side of my bed and slowly turned over.

“BROCK!” I nearly chocked as sat up staring at him.

He rolled over, very, slowly. He looked up at me and blinked several times. “Good morning.”

He could not be serious, “Why the hell are you in my bed?” I didn’t know if I was more suprised or angry.

“Last night you asked me to stay with you, so I did.” My mouth dropped open. “I guess I feel asleep before I thought of going back to my own bed.”

“You are telling me I ASKED you to stay? In my bed? With me?” He shook his head yes. “Oh my goodness I can not believe I did that. I am so sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking! I wasn’t thinking obvio-“

“Kali! It is OK. If I didn’t want to stay with you I wouldn’t have. Or I would have at least gotten out of your bed and into my own before morning.”

“I need to go take a shower, clear my head and get ready for this day. By the time I am out I hope you are out of here.” I stood and walked to the bathroom as Brock just sat there staring after me, “Are you leaving?”

“Look Kali I didn’t mean for this to upset you. I just thought this is what you wanted.” He stood and I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I leaned back against it and took a deep breath I heard a small, “I am sorry Kali.” And then the door closed.

Brock’s P.O.V.

I walked into the kitchen and John was there making eggs over the stove. He heard me come in and turned to me. There was no smile on his face but he looked a little upset.

“John are you OK?” I felt my brows furrow as he walked towards me.

“Did you just come from Kali’s room?” Oh boy this was going to get interesting and I knew it.

“Yes sir.” I figured the more authority I gave him the better.

“Did you stay there all night?”

“Yes sir.”

“Why?”

I took one deep breath, “She asked me to, Sir.”

“What the hell do you think you are doing Mr. Hartley? That is one of the best things that has ever come into my life. Are you just coming on to her because she’s down? Because if that is the damn case you can get the hell out.”

“John,” He looked like he was going to hit me, “Sir, I am not trying to do anything to hurt Kali. I am trying to be here for her while she is down, I consider her a very good friend. You don’t just come into someones life like this and not be friends with her. We are only friends, to be honest I don’t think my girlfriend would be to happy if I was doing anything with Kali.”

“You have a girlfriend?”

“Yes, sir I do.” I gave a small smirk.

“Wipe that damn thing off your face boy. If you have a girlfriend you shouldn’t have been in Kali’s bed all night.” I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off, “I don’t care if you slept on the floor or in her bathroom you were to close for my comfort. Now you just stay away from my girl and we will get along just fine.” The way he drawled 'just' told me he was not joking.

“I am her friend I can not just stay away from her.”

“I meant out of her room. You can be here as her friend but I better not catch you in that girls room one more time. If I do not only will I kick your ass back to where you came from but I will sure as hell let your girlfriend know what you’ve been doing. Got it?”

“Yes sir I got it.”

Just then Kali walked in the room and we both turned to look at her. Then she did something neither of us saw coming. She walked over and hugged John kissing him on the cheek and saying good morning. Then she walked up to me and hugged me.

“I am sorry for this morning. I know last night I probably asked you to stay; the last thing I want to do right now is be alone. I actually slept for the first time in a week and I have you to thank for it. I am sorry for how I acted.” Then she kissed me on the cheek and walked to the stove.

John’s eyes raised and he glared at me. That was all that was said though, Kali sat quietly eating only a few bites of her eggs before she went back upstairs to her room.

Kali’s P.O.V.

I went up to my room and dressed for the day. I took a deep breath as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes had dark bags under them, they where bloodshot and my skin was pale. When I added the black dress my skin really faded out and I looked like a ghost.

Before I knew it I heard John calling my name, apparently it was time to get to the church. I glanced one more time in the mirror and took a deep breath before I walked out the door.

The drive was a short one and when we got there Brock opened my door and helped me out, I smiled at him and waited for him to close the door. When he did I laced my arm around his waist and I saw John’s face drop.

We walked into the church and I walked up to Pastor Nack and spoke quietly with him. He said a small prayer for my family and me and then went to prepare for the service.

I stayed close to Brock and John while people filed in. Then as it grew closer to the time for things to start I made my way to the front pew. I sat in between Brock and John. I held Brock's hand as John put his arm around my shoulder.

“We are brought here today for a sad occasion . . .” Pastor Nack began and I took a deep breath.

He went on to say how well he knew my parents and how many loved them. It seemed pretty basic to me but as he spoke I couldn’t help but cry. My parents where gone and there was nothing I could do.

“Now, we are going to have Rebecca and Brady’s daughter Kali Jo come up and say a few words.” John kissed my head and Brock squeezed my hand.

I stood and walked slowly to the podium, “Hello everyone, thank you for coming today. I look out here and I see a thousand faces, each of these faces is filled with sadness. I know I am supposed to say, ‘My parents wouldn’t want sadness here and that they would want to celebrate their life’ and so on. However, as you know this is not my first time talking in front of most of you. I know what it is like to loose someone and to be honest the sadness helps. The tears, and the pain they all seem to help. So today instead of standing up here telling you about my parents life I am going to sing a song for you and I hope it gives some of you the closure I know you need.”

I walked to the microphone and lowered it and sat on the stool, I leaned over and picked up the guitar that stood there. I strummed a few chords making sure it was tuned how I wanted it. Then I looked up and the tears began to fall.

Memories surround me
But sadness has found me
I'd do anything for more time
Never before has someone meant more
And I can't get you out of my mind

There is so much that I don't understand
But I know...

Chorus
You're dancing with the angels
Walking in new life
You're dancing with the angels
Heaven fills your eyes
Now that you're dancing with the angels

You had love for your family
Love for all people
Love for the Father, and Son
Your heart will be heard
In your unspoken words
Through generations to come

There is so much that I don't understand
But I know

Chorus

Bridge
We're only here for such a short time
So I'm gonna' stand up, shout out,
And sing Hallelujah
One day I'll see you again

Chorus


As I finished I broke down to the point I could barely stand on my own two feet. It took me a second to realize that Brock had come to the front and was helping me back the pew. John started his was up to the front to do his speech but I just couldn’t handle it. I sobbed on Brock’s shoulder and he held me close, I barley heard anything John spoke of.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO SORRY I have not updated!!! I hope this kind of makes up for it!!!

Dancing With Angels
Kali Jo

Let me know what you think!!!