Status: In the process of being written =) Stick with me for a great story that may hit some of you a litle closer to home <3

Only Up From Here

I Would Really Like To Kiss You

Kali’s POV
I walked through the woods kicking everything in sight. Tears streamed down my face for once they were not out of sadness. I reached a break in the trail and looked at my options and picked the left. I continued walking when I heard hooves running after me.

I ran off the trail and into the woods until I was out of sight. I peered at the trail and saw Brock riding one of the horses by. He stopped at the T and called my name. I made sure to hold still, I didn’t even breathe. He looked both ways again and headed towards the right. I waited a few minutes then stepped back out onto the trail and continued walking.

My anger was a little less intense but it didn’t make up for the fact that Brock had never told me who his dad was. Then again, I had never really asked.

“Kali?” Shit! I turned expecting to see Brock but instead there was Shane and Boss.

“Oh, hello.” I looked at the ground not sure what to say after what Brock told me about the other night.

“What are you doing walking out here all alone?” He jumped down and grabbed the reins and walked towards me.

“Just getting some fresh air,” I paused, “And some alone time to think.” I thought maybe that would be a good addition.

“Do you want some company?” He sounded so helpless I wasn’t sure how to tell him no.

“OK I suppose.”

We began to walk Boss followed closely behind but neither of us said anything. I stared at my feet as I walked counting how many steps I took. 49. . .50. . . 51. . . 52. . . 53 . . .70. . .79. . . 101.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I glanced up at him and again I was brought to the fact I couldn’t tell him no.

“Just found out who Brock’s dad is.” I didn’t want to elaborate because I had not had enough time to think about it myself.

“And I take it that that is a bad thing?”

‘Well, his dad is the Mayor. You have not been around long enough to know the story but lets just say it is not a good one. I don’t really want to talk about it though.”

“Well when you do want to talk you can talk to me.” His head was bowed toward the ground and he didn’t look at me when he spoke.

“I know. Thank you for that.”

We got quiet for a while and just walked side by side in perfect synchronized step. I watched the ground again and began counting trying to pass the time. Shane was being really nice but I just wasn’t sure how much I was comfortable telling him just yet. I felt comfortable though, which was weird for me. We stopped after awhile and sat on a fallen tree.

I felt as though Shane was sitting close but I just figured it was all in my head. That was until his hand found its way to mine. I looked at him with a shocked face wondering what the hell he thought he was doing. “Um,” Was all my mouth could say.

“Sorry.” But he didn’t release my hand so I looked at him to find his green eyes staring at me. “I just can’t help it Kali, you are so beautiful.”

I felt my cheeks turn red, “Uh, thanks.” His hand was so big compared to my own yet it was comfortable, warm, and almost perfect.

“Kali Jo I am not kidding around here. Since the first time I saw you, you took my breath away, you made me think twice when looking at other girls, and I mean you just you make me feel happy.” His grip on my hand grew tighter.

I smiled this time as I looked at him. “Shane you are a sweetheart but you know that don’t you?”

He gave a light chuckle and a crooked grin, “Would I ever be me if I didn’t?”

Cocky was he, I lightly bumped into him as I giggled. His arm released my hand and came around my shoulder. I leaned into him and listened to his heartbeat in a soft rhythm. We sat like this for quit awhile neither of us needed to say a word.

“You know what?” His voice caught me off guard so I lifted my head to look at him.

“No, what?”

“I would really like to kiss you right now.”

I stared at him wondering if that is what I wanted too. I leaned in a little and he did the rest. His lips touched mine, they were soft at first, a light peck and he pulled away slightly. When I didn’t move his lips met mine again. This time there was a little urgency in them, they pressed hard against mine and I didn’t give in. His hands ran through my hair and down my back, mine ran up and locked behind his neck. He laid me back on the ground and we continued to kiss. His lips trailed down my neck and back up to right below my ear. I tilted my head back giving him better access.

“Uh-um!” We both stopped and Shane all but flew off of me. “What the fuck do you think you are doing!”?

Brock stood next to Summer staring at the two of us. “We were um. . . “ What was I supposed to say? He looked so pissed off.

“Getting to know each other.” Shane finished for me. My mouth dropped open and I stared at him.

“Getting to know her? What the fuck were you telling me just last week about ‘Getting to know her’ you are a pig Shane! Get the hell out of here before I get to know you.”

“Brock this is NONE of your business.” I screamed back at him.

“The hell it isn’t! I come out here looking for you to explain myself and here you are a cozied up to Shane ready to do god knows what with him! Are you insane! Why can’t you see he is taking ADVANTAGE of you!!!”

For the second time in a matter of minutes my mouth dropped own again, I was completely speechless.

“Why don’t you stop acting like a dick Brock and leave the girl do whatever she wants? She is a big girl I think she can take care of herself.”

“Why don’t you both just shut up! This is my life and I can be with whomever I wish to be with. Got it? You two have been playing this little game since I met you. I don’t want to be a shiny new toy you can fight over. I am a human and no matter what I am going through I can handle myself.” With that I started walking.

“Kali where are you going?” Shane and Brock yelled in unison.

“HOME!” I screamed back.

I heard them fighting back and forth about who should follow me but as soon as I rounded the corner I took of at a full sprint. I ran track in high school so I was pretty fast. I made it to my clearing (the opposite direction from home) before they even finished fighting.

I sat there and I thought about what I should do and at this point I was just really confused. Brock and I had such sweet moments, yet he just got out of a serious relationship. Shane was new here and we had a lot in common, yet I did feel a little used. What was I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is a new update! =) Hope you enjoy! =)

Kali Jo