Status: In the process of being written =) Stick with me for a great story that may hit some of you a litle closer to home <3

Only Up From Here

Laughing Into The Camera

I walked into my bedroom and changed, something cute but not to slutty. I was NOT sleeping with Shane during any point of this little scheme. I sent a quick message warning Brock of my plan to have Shane over and in the house for the day. The only reply was an unhappy face.

I called Shane when he picked up I gave him little room for small talk. “Hey what are you up too?”

“Well hey there, wasn’t sure if I would hear from you. I was just about to head out to the trail.”

“Well, I am going to be moving my things into my parents old room and I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come over? I could use a strong guy to help me.” I made sure to sound a little helpless, doing so made me feel sick.

“Well, beautiful, I think I can skip a trail ride to come help you.”

I could hear the pleasure in his voice, it made me gag, this may be harder then I thought. “Can you be here in 15 minutes?” Figured I would see how long it takes to travel from his house to mine.

“How does 10 sound?”

“Sounds like I can’t wait.” I forced a smile hoping he couldn’t tell I felt ready to vomit on my own words. “I’ll be upstairs, in my room, it’s not hard to find.” I hung up the phone and ran to the bathroom. Before I knew it my breakfast was in the toilet and I was brushing my teeth hoping I could make it through the rest of this day.

I waited and started packing a few of the smaller things bringing the bigger things straight to my parents room. I stood and looked around, why did I want to sleep in here? I didn’t want to redo the entire house but I had always had plans for it and this was one of them. I knew I would have to pack up my parents things before I could officially move but that was something I wasn’t ready for. I walked to the window and looked out, a horse came riding through the field and stopped at the stable hand. Continued to watch with curiosity.

Brocks POV

I heard someone outside the door and when I stepped out to see if it was John I saw Shane standing there, reigns in hand. The sight of him made me want to punch him in the face but I restrained knowing Kali needed these answers to move on.

“Hi,” was all I could muster.

When he turned to see who spoke to him a small laugh escaped and a smug grin filled his face. “So, she kisses me and puts you to work, seems about right.”

I had all I could do not to just tell him to fuck off and leave. “She’s in the house, just so you know we have cameras here and she has an emergency button in every room that calls out the barn here and John’s place.”

“And why would she need that? Everything we do is her decision, I am not that kind of guy.” In his face I could see he was telling the truth; he handed me the reigns to his horse, Boss, “Can you deal with him? He could use a good brush down. Thanks.” And with that he turned and was on his way.

I stared after him wondering who he thought he was. As he walked in the house I looked to Kali’s room and saw her curtains drawn, my eyes feel to her parent’s room, where she stood in the window staring out at me. I gave her a small smile and a wave before she turned around. Looking at her I knew I could handle this as long as she wanted me to. But when she got what she wanted there was a good brawl headed Shane’s way and I was a little to happy about it.

Kali’s POV

I turned away from Brock and walked to my room and pretended I hadn’t seen a thing. I was bent over a box throwing a few things I was planning to pack away when I felt a hand on my back. I shot up and turned around.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you. You just told me to come up so I did.”

“It’s ok I’m just not used to having other people in my house.” I forced a light smile.

“So, I see you got a head start.”

“Yeah I did I just really want to get some of this stuff packed and put in storage before I actually move into my parents room. I’m just not ready to actually sleep in there yet.”

Shane came over and hugged me as if he thought I was sad about the situation. Which I was, however, I didn’t like the hugging either. I slowly wrapped my arms around him; I knew I had to at least try. As I pulled away I looked at him, his eyes burned into mine, and they sent chills down my spine. I wasn’t sure if they were good or bad but there was definitely something hidden behind them. For a moment I thought he was going to kiss me so I turned away.

“What would you like me to do?”

“Well, uh, I guess just start putting things in boxes. I think I have most of the stuff I need to pack away already done. The rest will just move into my parents room when I am ready.”

“Alright I think I can handle that.” A smile crossed his face and one couldn’t help but cross mine.
Neither of us really spoke while I boxed things up and he moved them from room to room. It was nice though to at least have someone there, the words that were unspoken didn’t matter. As time went by I loosened up we talked about music, movies, and horses. It came easy to talk of simple things but we never talked of more serious matters.

“So, I was wondering.”

I looked at Shane, “Yeah?”

“Are you coming back to school?” He ducked his head looking at the last box that needed to be moved. He looked sad like he already knew the answer.

“Unfortunately, with everything that has happened I have decided to take the rest of the year online. I will graduate, and I might still walk.” Asthe words came out of my mouth I realized my parents would not be there. Tears gathered in my eyes and I looked around the room seeing only my bed and clothes.

I felt Shane come beside me my own eyes locked on the lonely picture frame standing on my dresser, my family. It was at a family reunion two years earlier. My brother stood tall behind me, his arms wrapped around my neck smiling his blue eyes bright in the sun. My parents stood arms around each other, they looked so happy smiling almost laughing into the camera. Then there was me, smiling enjoying the day, not even thinking of missing them or loosing them.

Shane wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. I gave in. My arms wrapped around his waste and I held on almost as if he was the only thing keeping me grounded. I didn’t cry but it felt as though I could.

“Uh-hum.”

I flew back from Shane looking to the doorway, “I’m sorry Brock, did you need something?”

“Yeah did you need something?” Shane had his smug smile on his face, almost gloating.

“I was just told to come inform you super is ready.” With that he turned away. I could tell this was going to be difficult for him.

“I get dinner?” Shane turned to me with a smile. “Aren’t I special.”

I laughed lightly, “I’ll meet you down there. I just want to move this last box.”

“Alright.” He leaned over and kissed my cheek. “Don’t be long. I don’t know how much that Brock guy really likes me.”

“ I think John is the one you will need to worry about.” He laughed, as though I was kidding, but I knew deep down it was the truth.

As he left the room I picked up the box and brought it to my parents room. It would be weird to have Brock in my room but I knew it would be more difficult to stay in my parents’ room at least I could always sleep in there with Brock. As I looked at the picture as I passed by my old room I smiled. That day was special to me, it was the last family picture I had with everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another part! =)

Kali Jo