Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Thirty-Four::

I didn't get to meet Max's father right away but I did meet his mother and sister. His mother, Elvira, was incredibly kind when she met me. Her voice was soft and her tone alight with excitement. Her accent was barely there, which was slightly stunning, as I had expected to be able to barely understand her.

Elvira looked incredibly young for how old I assumed she was. She looked like she was in her mid-twenties, when she had to of been somewhere in her thirties or even forties. She had straight, platinum blonde hair, which was not colored. Her eyebrows and lashes were just as light. She wore no make-up but her long, blonde eyelashes were thickly fringed around smiling, icey-blue eyes; making them incredibly bright. She also had prominent cheekbones and plump, pink lips that seemed to be constantly upturned in a waiting smile. Elvira was also fairly petite and lithe. She especially looked so when she was standing near Max, who practically toward over her.

Max's sister, Lyubov, was kind like her mother but quieter and shy. She looked alot like her mother. Same hair, but curly. Similar plump lips with high cheekbones were similar. But her face was a bit more rounded and her eyes a grey-blue color. Like a mix between Max's and Elvira's.

However, there was one downfall to her near flawless features. Well, I didn't consider it a downfall but more like added character and simple, odd beauty. Lyubov had been struck by lightening when she was thirteen. The place of impact was above her right brow, causing the scar to trail down passed her collarbone to be hidden by her shirt. It almost looked like a tattoo down in white ink. Her mother, after Lyubov had explained the scar shamelessly, swiftly added how it was a miracle that her daughter was still alive.

Still, I, upon meeting both of them, was intimidated and self-conscious. I worried that neither would like me. That they would find some fault with me and I dreaded hearing it.

But no. Now we sat in the lusciously decorated living room chatting about the new fashion. Well, more like Elvira and Lyubov were explaining it to me and showing me some pictures in a few magazines. Personally, I wouldn't wear half of what was being portrayed. Yet, Lyubov was practically drooling over nearly every outfit. Then again, she would be able to pull each one off.

"I can't wait until summer. Bikini season!" Lyubov exclaimed. I still couldn't get over how well their English was. Especially Lyobov's for some reason.

"Hah, funny." Max commented dryly.

"Oh really? I can be pretty hilarious when the season actually comes, Mr. Maximus." Lyobov retorted just how a sister should.

Elvira shook her head in humor before returning her attention to the article in front of her. I loosely flipped the pages of the magazine I held while Max lazily draped his arm over my shoulders.

"Find anything impressive?" He murmured, looking over my shoulder.

I pointed to a really cute heart-patterned bikini. "I like that, but I have enough bikini's."

My skin prickled with the sensation of someone watching me. Slowly I raised my eyes to witness Lyubov and Elvira watching Max and I. Inexpressible joy was on their faces until they noticed me staring curiously at them with wide eyes.

Why are they so joyful seeing Max and I together?

*^*^*^*^*

Max and I went home after about a half-hour spent with his smother and sister. We ended up cuddling on the couch, watching I Am Legend. I. like always, began crying when Will Smith's dog had to die. That always tore at my heart. I didn't really even know why.

Max left shortly after the movie ended but not without a lingering kiss that made me burn for more. I had grown accustomed to the way he made me feel but that didn't mean that it still excited and scared me at the same time.

I wanted him. It was a simple as that. Yet, just as complex. Fucking Haden ruined it all. I wanted to give myself to Max. I knew that he would never wish any harm on me and would prevent it from happening at all cost.

Yet I was scared. Giving my body to someone had been abused once, forcefully taken the next, and so now, I was cautious. Not by choice either.

"This is way more fucking complicated that it should be!" I screamed.

"What is?" A deep, smooth voice said behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
One thought: Oh Fuck..