Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Forty-Six:: Content.

I woke up as content as could be. Wrapped up in Max's arms was pure bliss and where I wanted to stay. On top of that, the amazing memories of our bodies working together in such an amazing rhythm sent pleasant chills throughout my body.

I was happier than I have ever been in a long time.

"Good morning, beautiful." His groggy voice added to my chills while making something inside me clench in desire.

"Good morning." I whispered in return; unable to trust my voice in hiding my unending want.

"Are you hungry?"

"Not for food." I replied nonchalantly.

"Oh, really?" A Cheshire-cat grin graced those amazing, kissable lips of his.

I wiggled my eyebrows at him in an overly suggestive manner. His booming laugh rumbled from deep in his chest. I smiled like a love-struck idiot.

"You should eat. And drink water."

The headache that had been creeping around at the corners of my delicate mind now hit me with full force. I frowned. "Good thing my curtains are closed." I mumbled. "Max, why did you have to bring that up? It was staying at bay so nicely."

"Sorry, Desiree." He pouted over-dramatically. Nonetheless, it brought my smile back.

"You're forgiven."

He kissed me delicately. "Good." The authority and dominance practically growled through his whisper. That place deep inside clenched again.

"Take me hard. Be dominant. Take control over me. Please." I began heatedly kissing his neck to add to my begging.

"No." Max was terse. "You need to eat. After, though, is a different story." He added gently yet still so seductively.

"M'Kay." I hummed, before tenderly placing a kiss on his lips.

I lingered for only a moment. Then, I pulled away and hopped out of bed. My head spun around radically and I lost my vision for a split second. Yet, my balance was regained enough for me to wander over to my dresser and allowed me to pull on my black, lacy underwear. I then pulled Max's black shirt off the hanger it was on and slid it onto my body.

"Is that mine?" Max gracefully got out of my bed and came to stand behind me as I began tying the shirt underneath my breasts.

"Maybe." I breathed.

He gently moved my hair away from the left side of my face so he had direct access to my neck. His lips placed soft, delicate kisses on my already heated skin. "Looks good on you." Max's breath tickled my neck in the slightest.

My breathing deepened. "Say my name." I whispered.

Max wound his arms around my waist and pulled me so I was flush against his body. My breath caught in my throat when he lightly nipped my sweet spot.

"And why would I do that, my sweet? I thought I could have the dominance today."

I couldn't think. My thoughts were escaping me. "Just say it." I breathed.

"I'm going to make you purr..." He whispered. "Then scream my name."

Max's hand slowly began travelling down to my heat. His fingers were gracing my stomach, causing my skin to tingle. My breathing labored in pure and desperate need. Then Max just stopped right as he reached my underwear.

"I think this may have to wait." He stated, loud enough to break the trance I currently was in.

"You. Are. Cruel." I narrowed my eyes at Max when I had pulled away to look at him. Now, I stood there attempting to control my breathing. "Jerk."

He merely grinned like a fool.

Max's P.O.V.

Desiree's beauty was intoxicated. The feel of her against my hands, my entire body, wasn't enough to satisfy the hunger I had for her. Her beauty, though, wasn't the only thing that was intoxicating me.

It was everything about her. Her odd emotions, her strengths and weaknesses in complete and utter balance, and just her in general. She was the better half of me.

I watched Desiree in silence as we ate together. She had tried to maintain her crazy hair in a messy bun atop her head, but it was falling out; thus, creating elegant wisps around her face.

Desiree blushed when she noticed me watching her.

"What?" She mumbled around a mouthful of toast.

"You're just so beautiful."

She tried to hide her smile. "You always seem to render me speechless. Seriously, how am I supposed to respond to that? 'Thanks a lot, sir. I think you're purty damn beautiful too!'" Desiree mocked in a deeper voice.

I laughed. "Yes. You are supposed to respond in that very way."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)