Status: On Going!

One More Night

Lucked Out (Epilogue)

It has been two years since Jeff proposed to me. We got married that winter, and the in the spring we welcomed our first daughter. I chose her first name and Jeff chose her middle name. We welcomed Charlotte Roxanne Carter to the world on a rainy Sunday in May. She is now 1 and a half. Austin was very excited to have a baby sister, and offered her the spotlight for a while. We bought a summer house in Kenora, Ontario. It happens to be right next door to Mikes cabin. I can only imagine how long Mike and Jeff have been planning that out. Mike and Brooke started dating two years ago and know live together. I heard from someone that Claude rented a cabin down the street from us that summer. I didn't let Claude get to me anymore, I was extremely happy with my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mike, please watch the kids! Its date night!" I begged Mike in the kitchen of our knew house. He chuckled and took another sip of his beer.

"But its our date night too" He whined, I could tell the whining was to make fun of me. Jeff walked into the kitchen with Charlotte on his hip and Austin following close behind him. He opened the fridge and pulled out two juice boxes. I helped Austin get into his chair and opened his juice box.

"Roxy introduced you to Brooke, you owe her one. You are watching the kids." Jeff explained as he opened the juice box for Charlotte.

"Don't worry Uncle Mike, we can play NHL 14!" Austin exclaimed from his seat. Mike laughed.

"Why is that the only video game he plays?" Mike asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Probably because his dad is on the cover" Mike rolled his eyes.

"Fine, we will babysit." He sighed walking towards the door. "I will bring Brooke over at 6."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 6:15 Mike and Brooke walked into our cabin.

"Way to be late guys" Jeff commented before shouting to me that we could leave.

"We were busy" I heard Mike say as I walked into the entry way. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, I'm sure you were." Once our goodbyes were said to the kids we got in the car and drove into town. We were going to dinner at a small Italian restaurant. As we were waiting to be seated Claude walked into the restaurant, with a girl who was clearly a puck slut

"You have got to be kidding me" I muttered to Jeff. He looked over his shoulder and spotted Claude.

"Man, that's like the puck slut queen." He said. I held back my laughter. A waiter came to take us to our table. Jeff got us some wine, but I didn't touch my glass.

"So Roxy, I need to tell you something." I nodded my head. "Your mom called earlier today while I was out on the beach with Austin and Charlotte. Your father in is prison for killing his wife." I could tell he was wincing well telling me this.

"Jeff, it's okay. I know about it all. It's horrible but at least he is off the streets. He was never a good man, no one is going to change that."

"You aren't upset?" I shook my head.

"I stopped being upset about my dad years ago. "

"You haven't touched your wine" Jeff raised his eyebrows and gestured to the glass.

"That's what I wanted to talk about tonight. Jeff, I'm pregnant with twins. 3 months along." Before Jeff could say anything, we were rudely interrupted.

"What?" I turned my head to the side to see Claude standing there with a look of shock on his face.

"Excuse me?" Jeff said, more like spat.

"I can't believe you fell for this guy Roxy"

"Claude, you need to get over this. Roxanne was much more than one night to me. We are married and we have two kids, soon to be four. Leave her alone. It didn't work out for you guys and that sucks but you are only hurting yourself." I looked at Jeff in disbelief. Claude left without saying another word.

"Where did that come from?" I asked him.

"You are an amazing women Roxy, it hurts a lot to lose you. I was trying to level with him." We enjoyed the rest of our meal. The end of the night found us walking hand in hand on the beach.

"Thanks for sticking up me" I said looking up into Jeff's eyes.

"I will always stick up for you" He said before leaning down to kiss me. "And I will always stick up for our kids."

"You are a great dad"

"You are a great mom, and I can't wait to meet these new babies."

"I lucked out with you Jeff"

"No, I lucked out with you" He said before picking me up and spinning me around.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end :( I loved this story, and I have to say, I loved Jeff's ending more. Let me know what you thought of the two endings. I am starting a new story soon, would you like me to write about James Neal, Jeff Carter (again), Mike Richards, or Danny Briere.

For now you have this: My Brayden Schenn Story!!

Date Night