Status: On revision and hiatus until futher notice

Life's Sweeter with Revenge

The Waste of Time

When the sun came up the next day we all headed back to that godforsaken forest and when I said ‘all of us’ I meant Victor, Aiden, Jason, Reece, Roger, Tyler, and me. Danyelle had whined about coming along as well but neither Victor nor Aiden wanted her near the place where her parents had died. Personally I thought they were being a little too protective of her, I mean Danyelle was mated to a werewolf for god’s sake I think she was more than capable enough to handle the crash site.

But before I could get a word into the argument Victor started telling Danyelle that it was her last day in high school and she couldn’t miss her final exams. Exams my ass. I had to really bite my tongue at that one because even I knew that the last day in high school as a senior was a joke. Most of the teachers gave us our exams the week before and the last day was mostly used to say goodbye to all of your classmates, but again I didn’t argue with Victor and neither did Reece surprisingly.

After hiking down the hill and trudging through the forest we finally reached the crash site again. For a moment the group just stood there and stared at it, I wasn’t exactly sure if it was a sign of respect or simply because of the horror that had happened there, but either way I remained silent as well. I noticed Victor taking in a deep breath before taking a step closer to the large tree. It wasn’t until he kneeled down and started moving the grass around in search for another clue that we all broke apart.

I tried my best to stay forced on the task at hand but my mind had another thing in mind. With the conversation that Aiden and I had yesterday about my pregnancy still being fresh in my head I couldn’t help but watch Victor and wonder if he had any suspicions. By my calculations I was three weeks pregnant and I knew that I was already drinking more blood then I normally would be so Victor had to know that something was up. Right?

Maybe he is too preoccupied with finding his parent’s killer then to notice anything about it. I thought a little disappointedly before forcing myself to avert my eyes from him again. I knew that I really shouldn’t be disappointed in him not taking notice in my small changes because finding his parent’s killer was a huge handful. It was something the required his full attention and besides I knew that when I gave him permission to letting him find the killer that this kind of thing would happen. I knew that he would end up distancing himself from me while he was searching but I obviously had not prepared myself enough for it.

My chest pained me slightly once I found that my eyes had wondered back over to him. This time however he noticed my stare, normally he would smile at me or make his way over to me and give me a kiss, but he was in another mind set right now so when he simply held my gaze for a few moments before returning to his search. I felt like running over to him and screaming at him but I knew that it would be way out of line. After all this was about finding the vampire that had caused him so much pain, and frankly I didn’t think he would be able to handle the news of me being pregnant on top of that. It would be too much pressure for him and his hands were already full.

We had been searching for a few hours when Tyler let out a growl of frustration before sitting down on the ground. “This is a waste of my fucking time.”

I straightened myself up instantly on alert as I heard another growl coming from beside me. It ended up being from Aiden and I felt slightly relieved that it hadn’t been Victor.

“Well than why the hell did you volunteer to come along?” Aiden picked himself up from a kneeling position to stand to his full height, and as if his height and build weren’t intimidating enough his glare certainly was. His dark brown eyes flashed yellow for a second at Tyler as if to show him that he hadn’t appreciated his outburst.

Tyler shrugged his shoulders at Aiden as if to say that he didn’t care if his Alpha didn’t like his outburst or not, and then he said something that had me worrying about his life. “I thought I would get to see Danyelle.”

I didn’t even see Aiden move he was just standing next to Roger one moment and then the next he was holding Tyler by the throat. “Do not speak of her so disrespectfully. She is your Luna damn it and you will address her as such is that understood?”

Tyler bared is fangs at his Alpha before spitting. “She isn’t my Luna… not yet at least.”

Aiden let out a low warning growl and pulled Tyler closer to his face. He looked like his was going to choke Tyler to death so I instinctively tried to pull Aiden’s attention away from him even though it was none of my business to medal in pack affairs. “W-What does he mean by Danyelle not being his Luna? I thought you two were mates.”

I could feel everyone’s eyes turning onto me at my outburst but I tried not to let it get to me. I took a shaky step towards the two wolves and kept my stare at Aiden. When he finally managed to pull his own glare away from Tyler and let his eyes fall on me I felt a threatening chill run up my spine.

“We are.” He snapped.

Tyler scoffed at his remark making me quickly ask another question. “Then why isn’t she his Luna?”

Aiden eyed me curiously as his grip started to loosen on Tyler. I was pretty sure that he was realizing what it was that I was doing and when I saw Tyler’s feet hit the ground I let out a little sigh of relief. I was going to let my question drop and get back to searching for any clues but Tyler had to go and open his mouth again.

“Because my Alpha,” He spat as if it left a bad taste in his mouth. “Hasn’t actually claimed her yet?”

Aiden growled over at Tyler and I could see his hand twitching by his side but this time I wasn’t the one who drew his attention away, it was Victor.

“What is this about claiming?” He asked with his arms folded over his chest. Victor had no problem with Aiden dating his little sister and in fact he was even happy that they were but he absolutely forbade them from having sex. And by the sound of this claiming shit it was looking to lead in that direction.

Aiden turned his attention to Victor and immediately soften his mood. “It’s when a werewolf takes their mates for the first time. The male ends up placing a mark on the female and afterwards they are known as an officially a mated pair.”

Whenever Aiden or Reece talked about werewolf things they always ended up distancing themselves from the conversation so make themselves seem like a third party. Normally I thought nothing of it because they were just feeding us information but at that moment it made Aiden seem as if he was guilty of already mating Danyelle. Victor must have thought the same thing because he was suddenly frowning at his friend.

“So are you saying that you’ve already ‘taken’ my sister?” Victor growled and I suddenly found myself rushing over to his side. I stood in front of him in hopes of blocking his view of Aiden but I had forgotten that he was taller than me and only ended up in his way.

I reached up and grabbed ahold of his face and then forced it down so that he would look at me. “Haven’t you been listening Victor? Tyler already said that Aiden had fully claimed her yet and by claiming her he would have to leave a mark on her which he hasn’t.” I looked over my shoulder at Aiden. “Right?”

He nodded his head. “Right.”

I turned back around with a smile on my face. “See you have nothing to worry about. You told them both about how you felt about Danyelle having sex before she was an adult and they’ve listened. Aiden wouldn’t go against you like that.” I rubbed a thumb over his cheek lightly which made him finally break eye contact with Aiden and instead focus his attention on me.

“Alright I get it,” His glare became definite as he stared at me. “But why are you being so defensive?”

I blinked up at him for a moment before letting my smile grow wider and dropping my hands from his face. “Because I figured that you would rather be spending your time looking for clues rather than arguing about something that hasn’t even happened.”

Vic’s face fell instantly at my reply and he was about to say something but Tyler ended up beating him to it. “Which brings us back to the main point that we are all wasting our time.”

I snapped my head around to glare at the idiot. “It’s not a waste of time.”

He cocked his head to the side and with a cocky smile he said. “Oh yeah? Well then explain to me why you’ve been rubbing your stomach and looking at Victor instead of searching. You’re a damn hypocrite that’s what you are.”

I could feel my eyes grow wide at what he said. I knew that I had been staring at Victor a lot but had the other part been true? Had I really been rubbing my stomach? God what if I had been? I thought completely horrified. I wanted to turn around and see if he thought anything about it but my body was just frozen in place with the fear of what his expression would be. Would he be pissed at me for not telling him, worried like Aiden had been the other night, or just plan happy?

I was saved from looking because Aiden took one step in Tyler’s direction before slamming his fist into his nose. Tyler let out a howl of pain as he kneeled forward with his hands covering his mouth. I could smell the blood dripping from his nose before I saw it and I knew from the loud cracking sound that his nose was broken.

“You’re way out of line today Tyler and as your Alpha I will not tolerate it for a moment longer. You will go home and cool the fuck down before I decide that you no longer belong to this pack. Now get the hell out of my sight.” Aiden spoke in a commanding tone which he hardly ever did.

Tyler, finally realizing that he had gone too far, looked up at Aiden with a pair of wide eyes and for a second I thought he wasn’t going to do as Aiden had said. The he leaned his head forward again with his hand swiping at the blood on his nose before standing up and walking away.

Aiden then turned his attention on Victor and with a slight bow of his own head he apologized for one of his pack member’s behavior. Victor however seemed to be occupied with other things and when I felt his hand touch my elbow there was a slight catch in my throat. It was almost painful for me to turn myself around to face him because I wasn’t ready for him to yell at me.

Expecting to see him mad or even worried I was honestly caught off guard to see that he had a sad expression on. “Do you really think that it is a waste of time?”

I ended up staring up at him longer than I had intended too. Had he not heard Tyler say that I was rubbing my stomach? Did that not make him the tiniest bit concerned? I lifted my hand up and touched his cheek once more. “Of course not Victor,” I could see a bit of anger in his eyes that meant that he thought I was lying so with a sigh I said. “I just think that maybe we should take another look at the rearview mirror that we found instead. Maybe there was something that we missed on it.”

When he leaned into my hand a little bit I knew that he was thinking about what I had just said. “You think so?”

I nodded my head reassuringly before answering. “Yeah I really do.”

We looked into each other’s eyes for a moment and I savored that time as if it would be our last. When the moment passed I let my hand fall from Victor’s cheek and back to my side.

“I told you that I didn’t smell anything that was odd on it.” Aiden spoke up causing the two of us to turn and give him our attention. “I’m part wolf here I would have smelt something if it was on there and all that was there was blood, metal, and just plain old nature.”

I smiled suddenly. “Did you just say blood?”

“Yeah.” Aiden frowned at me before taking a quick glance down to my stomach.

I rolled my eyes at him thinking that I needed blood because of the baby and rested my hands on my hips. “Well why didn’t you say so sooner you big lug? In case you didn’t know I am a pureblood vampire.”

Reece, who had been quiet this whole time stepped forward. “So you might be able to put a name to the blood just by smelling it?”

I smiled knowingly over at him. “Oh not me, but I’m sure my mom can.”

I could hear Vic curse from behind me making me giggle with excitement. Victor had never actually met my parents before, I mean they talked on the phone once and even shook their hands when I decided to move into his house but that was it. We had been meaning to get them together and all for a proper introduction but something always came up.

“You’re sure about this?” Reece asked with a smile forming on her lips.

I felt one of my eyebrows rise up curiously. “Yeah why?”

She clapped her hands together before hopping over to Jason. “Because this means that we can go pick up Danyelle.”

“What for?” I wondered. “I don’t live that far away from the school.”

Reece rolled her eyes before taking hold of Jason’s hand. “Oh please, you know that it’s going to lead us somewhere far away and that my friend spells out road trip. Danyelle is already pissed that we are looking for other pieces of evidence without her and she would be downright wrathful if we left her out of anything else.”

“So you’re planning on taking her out of school?”

Her smile grew. “Of course, Jason and I would be more than happy to go and pick her up.” Roger let out a fake cough behind Reece which made her roll her eyes and then pout. “Fine, Me and Roger will go pick her up.”

I laughed silently to myself at Roger. Danyelle had told me once before that it was Roger’s job as Aiden’s Delta to protect her whenever Aiden wasn’t around and even though Aiden was back in town he still felt the need to watch over her, which most likely meant that Aiden was going with me, Jason, and Victor to my parent’s house.

After everyone talked it all out we went back up the steep hill and started piling into separate cars. I had just shut the door to Vic’s mustang when he placed a hand on mine. At first I thought he was just being flirty with me so I ended up putting on a cute smile and looking over at him from beneath my lashes, but then I noticed the serious look on his face as he stared at my stomach.

I could feel the blood rush out of my face as he leaned forward. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

I could feel my mouth gape open and I quickly tried to come up with something to say. “I thought that you would be mad.”

“Mad?” He asked with a frown before scooting a bit closer to me. “Sweetie I’m not mad at you.”

I felt as if a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders and heart as I smiled up at him. “You’re not?”

He shook his head with a strange smile. “Of course not.”

I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. “Oh Victor I’m so sorry that I kept it from you I just didn’t want you to have to worry about it. I mean I know that you have enough on your plate already and I just didn’t want to add to it.”

Victor’s laugh warmed my ear and neck. “I don’t understand why you made such a big secret out of it. I mean if you were that hungry then you should have just told me.”

I felt my smile fall as I pulled myself away from him. “What?”

He smiled before leaning forward and placing a quick peck on my lips. “If you hurry up and buckle in I’ll make you that grilled Peanut butter and jelly sandwich that you love so much.”

I realized then that Victor was still clueless about me being pregnant. I felt the weight start to pile itself onto my shoulders again as I leaned back into my seat and buckled it up. He smiled over at me again before reeving the engine of his car. “That’s my girl.”

I smiled back at him before turning my head towards the window so that he couldn’t see my torn expression. I had no idea how I was going to explain to him that I was pregnant and not hungry. The thought of a grilled PB and J had my stomach growling though and I sighed before resting my forehead against the cool window. Maybe I should keep my pregnancy a secret for a little while longer, I mean who knows, maybe this whole vampire thing will be over sooner than we thought.

I knew that I was wrong as soon as we turned off of the dirt road. This was going to be something huge, I thought as I touched a secret hand to my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoyed it :)