Status: On revision and hiatus until futher notice

Life's Sweeter with Revenge

The Lost Control

As soon as I walked into my parent’s house I felt like something was off. I raised a hand up to Victor who was trailing behind me and he stopped instantly. The floorboards squeaked lightly as I moved my weight off of one foot and onto the next. It wasn’t normal for my house to be so…quiet. I felt Victor’s presence behind as I quietly walked through the house. Imagines of the night I had found out that I was to be married to Winden flashed in my mind like a horrible nightmare. My hands trembled slightly as I made my way from room to room with no sign of either of my parents. When I finally checked out the last room, which just so happened to be my old bedroom, I found it just as empty as the rest of the house.

Fear built up inside of me as I spun around on my heels and looked up into Victor’s icy eyes. I could feel my eyes water and my throat grow tight. I closed the distance between us and wrapped my arms around his waist, seeking some kind of comfort there. “They’re not here.” I cried worriedly into his firm chest.

Victor didn’t hesitate in wrapping his arms around me and sliding his hand down the length of my back. “They probably just went out or something. I’m sure that they will be back soon.”

I shook my head against him. “No they never leave here without telling me first. I always told them how annoying it was but now….I’m so worried about them.”

“Vanessa,” Victor leaned down and pressed a kiss to the top of my head. “Love, why don’t you try calling them?”

Oh yeah. I thought idiotically and instantly I felt as if my hormone had gotten the best of me. I pulled myself away from Victor and bent my head down so that he couldn’t see that I had been crying. Hastily I swiped at my cheeks trying my best to erase the evidence and even let out a few soggy laughs. “Why didn’t I think of that?”

I went to turn away from him but Victor caught ahold of my chin and slowly raised my face up. I felt that if I met his gaze now I would be completely mortified that I had been caught crying but somehow Victor managed to catch my attention. He held the sweetest of smiles on his face before slowly leaning down and pressing his lips to either side of my wet cheeks. “Don’t hide your tears away from me Vanessa.”

I let out a dreamy sigh before Victor captured my lips in a quick kiss. When he pulled away from me he had on a devilish smile that had me frowning. “What?” I asked curiously.

His eyes sparkled as his smile grew. “Your makeup ran a little.”

“Shut up!” I yelled throwing my hands up to cover my face. “You’re bullshitting with me aren’t you?”

He let out a deep laugh as he tried reaching for me but I was already moving away from him. My hands flew up to cover my face before I ran to the bathroom to check my makeup. Victor’s laughed boomed form my bedroom and I angrily slammed the door on him when he tried to enter.

“Vanessa, come on open the door.” He said in between laughs.

“Go to hell.” I yelled from the sink and then twisted the faucet on before splashing the warm water on my face. I tried to focus on washing the smeared makeup off of my face but Victor laugh followed by light tapping on the door kept distracting me. When I finally felt as if I had scrubbed the last bit of massacre and foundation off of my face I looked red and blotchy. The small amount of tears that I had shed left my eyes puffy and I had scrubbed so hard to get the makeup off that it made my face look like I had a rash.

I let out an aggravated scream before slamming my fist into the mirror. Shards of glass cut into my knuckles and nicked the sides of my hand before the broken mirror even touched the sink. Tiny crystal like dings sounded against the sink followed by a sweet scarlet color. I watched the small amount of blood drip down my hand. The smell of it and feel of it touching my hands was driving my senses crazy. My fangs pushed out of my lips without me even realizing it and I brought my hand up to my lips before licking the dark sweet flavor. As soon as it touched my tongue though my stomach heaved at the flavor. My mind was screaming for blood but my body was telling me that this wasn’t the right kind.

I had been so entranced with the sight of blood that I hadn’t even heard Victor breaking down the bathroom door, so captivated by the red ribbons that I didn’t hear the worry in his voice as he ran over to me. When he grabbed ahold of my hand and examined the wound I couldn’t feel his touch or hear the hard tone in his voice, all I could hear was the blood rushing through his veins. I leaned in closer to him and pressed my nose against his neck before inhaling deeply. The warm smell of something so strong and familiar had my stomach twisting with want. Before I could even stop myself or think clearly I opened my mouth and sank my fangs deep into my lover’s neck.

He straightened and tried to jerk away from me but I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and pulled him closer to me so that I could sink my fangs in deeper. The heavy taste of him sent my tongue dancing and warmed me all the way down to my stomach, filling and satisfying me more than any other blood could. I slowly inched my fangs out from his neck when the craving had pasted but refused to part from the sweet taste just yet. I breathed in from my nose as my tongue played against his warm skin, savoring every last drop.

“Vanessa.” His serious hard tone was worn out as if he had been repeating it for hours. The sound of his voice pulled me out of my linger trance. I jerked away from Victor and stared up on his completely horrified that I hadn’t been able to stop myself from doing what I had just done. I touched a hand to my still warmed lips and felt as if I could hurl.

Victor must have realized that I was back to normal and instantly leaned closer to me. At some point during my feeding we had settled down on the ground with me between Victor’s legs. I scrambled away from him so that I wasn’t touching him anymore. Victor’s frown deepened and his lips peeled back in a snarl but that didn’t stop me. I pushed myself away from him until my back was pressed against the wall with Victor closing in on me. I wanted to touch him so much but I was so horrified with what I had just done that I couldn’t stand being near him.

Victor had finally closed the distance between us and I felt my face grow white from being trapped. He reached a hand up to touch the side of my face but I quickly flinched away. His face crunched between anger, confusion, and pain as he slowly let his hand fall.

“What is going on with you Vanessa?”

I trembled at how close he was to me. “I can’t tell you.”

His frown deepened. “What do you mean that you can’t tell me? What was all of that just a second ago?”

I felt a sob catch in my throat before turning my head away, no longer being able to look him straight in the eyes. “I lost control.”

From the corner of my eye I watched him stiffen. “How could you lose control?”

I bit the side of my lower lip. “I can’t tell you.”

Victor took a deep breath before leaning in closer to me. In fear that my hunger might return I worriedly looked from side to side trying to figure a way out when his forehead touched mine. I waited for the hunger to arise again, to take over my body and mind until all I wanted was his sweet blood but nothing happened. Instantly I relaxed against him and even reached up to touch his face.

He met my gaze for a long hard second before opening his lush mouth to speak. “Can you at least tell me if I should be worried?”

A small smile formed on my lips as I firmly pressed my hand against his cheek. “No you don’t need to worry about it.”

He let out a sigh of relief before bringing up is own hand to cover mine. “Why did you feed off of me? I thought vampires couldn’t do that.”

“Well,” I squirmed beside him, not really wanting to tell him anything but knowing that if I didn’t give him something then he would never let it down. “There are certain times when we can but I can’t go into detail about it.”

He nodded his head understanding that I was going to be keeping this a secret. “Should I be surprised if this happens again?”

“About that,” I started feeling a little more nervous. “I’m going to have to stay next to you’re for some time and I mean that I can’t be out of your sight at all because….I won’t be drinking anymore blood unless it comes from you.”

Victor looked completely unprepared for that answer. “Vanessa what is going on?”

I shook my head at him before slowly picking myself up off of the ground. I looked down at my hand to see that it was completely healed already. Victor popped up next to me and held onto my elbow. I looked back at the man that I loved and smiled. “I can’t tell you right now Vic. Just trust me on this one okay?”

He seemed torn as he stared into my eyes but soon his grip on my elbow lessened and he sighed. “Fine.”

I leaned over to him cautiously and very lightly touched my lips to his. “Thank you.”

With that being said we walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Victor made himself at home automatically went over to the fridge and pulled out a red package. He glanced over at me as I started dialing my mother’s number before tearing into the bag.

I listened carefully as the phone ringed. Once. Twice. My heart started racing again. By the fourth ring there was click followed by my mother’s voice. “Hello darling!”

Relieved that my mother was acting in her normally cheerful way I knew that everything was fine. “Where are you, mother?”

“Me?” She questioned in a carefree tone. “I’m up at the cabin with a few friends for the next month.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked a little peeved.

She laughed. “You told me that you were tired of me racking up your phone line all of the time, so I did what you asked and stopped calling. Why were you worried?”

“A little.” I scoffed. “But mother I really need to talk to you about something.”

“Oh?” She sounded curious.

“We’re trying to hunt down the vampire that turned Victor and killed his parents. We found this clue and it’s covered in blood and we were hoping that you could take a whiff at it and see if you can match the scent to someone.” I explained.

“That’s spreading it a little thin don’t you think?” She questioned.

“I know,” I sighed into the phone. “But it’s the only lead we have mother.”

There was a short pause before she sighed into the phone. “Fine I’ll see what I can do but you’re going to have to come here because I paid for this bloody cabin and I’ll be damned if I don’t get to spend some quality time with it.”

I laughed lightly into the phone. “Alright mother, just give me directions and we’ll leave as soon as possible.” She riddled off an address and I nearly croaked. “You’re kidding me.”

“No sweetie.”

“Mom that is two days away and that’s only if we are pulling some all-nighters.”

“Hey you’re the one that needs that blood identified.” She shot back making me groan in the process.

“Fine we’ll leave soon then.” We said our final goodbyes before I hung up the phone.

Victor came up behind me and lightly touched his lips to the back of my head. “Two whole nighters huh?”

I nodded turning around to face him. “Looks like it.”

“Well then we’d better get going.” I sighed before nodding my head again.

We left the house and walked over to where Aiden and Jason had been waiting for some time. When their eyes met with our Aiden rolled off of the hood of his car. “It’s about time. So did she recognize the scent or what?”

“She wasn’t home.” Victor answered. “She’s off in some cabin. Should take us about two wholes days to get there.”

Aiden frowned at the two of us. “You guys were in there for an hour though…what the hell were ya’ doing if nobody was home?”

Victor shrugged as if to blow it off but then he winced, reached up and rubbed the side of his neck. Aiden eyed him curiously for a moment before snapping his attention over to me. I could tell by the way that he was looking at me that he wondered if I had fed off of him. I looked down to the ground and gave him a slight nod.

Aiden’s sudden laugh surprised the hell out of me. “Oh I get it. You two must have wondered into Vanessa’s room and gotten it on right?”

I felt my face heat up at what he was saying but Victor just smiled at the easy excuse. “You caught us.”

Aiden made another side remark before ushering Victor into his car. Victor was happy to roll with whatever tale Aiden had suddenly came up with and when he shut Victor inside the car Aiden looked over at me with one of his thick eyebrows raised asking ‘Does he know?’

I frowned at him before shaking my head from side to side. He let out a sigh before ushering me into the car along with Victor. As soon as Aiden had shut the door Reece pulled up in her Jeep with Danyelle hanging halfway out the window and Roger sitting in the back ready to yank his hair out. I felt happy to have us all gathered together again and we all made a quick little chat from the vehicles before hitting the road. I cuddled myself over to Victor and rested my head on his shoulder as we drove. I wondered how long I was going to be able to keep the baby a secret and how much longer I had until I attacked Victor again.

As if he could sense my worries he took one hand off of the steering wheel and wrapped it around me. I breathed in his musky and warm scent before I was finally able to relax. With the hum of the car and the smell of the man I loved it didn’t take long for me to fall asleep.