Status: in the process of being re-written

Ravageuse

Radioactive

Tony grumbled to himself angrily. He just knew Fury would have his head for losing the new girl.

“Okay, its okay, Stark. She’s probably somewhere in this building being a damsel in distress,” Tony assured himself as he walked around. Right after he lost contact with Jade, the zombie like creatures stopped appearing. So that was a good sign, right? That meant Jade probably found the source of it all and ended it. But it also meant that something happened to Jade and now Tony had to go and find her.

He spotted an ear piece on the ground that was obviously Jade’s. Tony deducted that someone had taken her and made sure that her ear piece was left behind. For the slightest moment he feared that she could have been taken somewhere else. Which meant he’d have to go back to S.H.I.E.L.D. without Jade and that just wouldn’t go over very well. Even Tony didn’t have enough alcohol to aid him in a recovery from the wrath of Fury. So he decided to brush that thought out of his mind for the time being. He’d find her, even if it meant blasting holes through all the walls.

And blast holes through all the walls he did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade studied the man in front of her, trying to understand how his mind worked but he was hard to read. She didn’t have any telepathic powers but she could easily read others. Except for this guy which really sucked in her case because at the moment she was tied to a chair in the middle of the room.

The man ran his fingers over a number of medical instruments that were sitting on a steel table. Jade grimaced at the thought of any of those items coming within close contact to her skin. She had to get the information she needed though and she wasn’t ready to back down yet.

“So, what are those things you had attack us? Zombies?” Jade asked.

The man scoffed, “they are not zombies. They are… Well, let’s call them a new race.” The smile that he wore as he spoke was sickening.

“Do they feed off of human flesh and brains?” She asked, smirking.

“Oh, no. They do much worse. They eat the life out of you,” he responded.

Jade cocked her head to the side. “And how do they do that?”

“If I told you, it’d take away all the fun of you finding out firsthand, my dear,” he answered.

“By the way, shall we check up on your friend?” He asked rhetorically, tapping away at a computer screen.

Just then, a loud crash was heard from the right wall of the room.

“Looks like that won’t be necessary. Your friend has decided to join us,” the man commented.

“People really need to learn to stop taking things that are mine,” Tony said, raising his palm toward the man.

“First of all, I’m not a thing. Second of all… Not yours,” Jade said, annoyed by his presence and his commentary. She was handling things perfectly well without him and every second she was closer to finding out more information. Here he was though, ruining her plan.

Tony ignored her and instead released an energy blast aimed for the man who disappeared on the spot. Jade finished untying her hands and legs quickly and jumped up, grabbing the pistol on the floor and holding it up. Jade and Tony looked around, wondering where the man had gone. It seemed as though he disappeared into thin air.

“I’m sorry to say this, dear, but it appears that our time together is being cut short. I really did enjoy your company. Until next time,” the man’s voice could be heard throughout the room, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Jade and Tony stood their quietly, waiting for him to appear again but he never did.

“Sir, the building is emitting high levels of radiation. It is likely to cause an explosion within seconds,” Tony heard JARVIS’ voice explain.

“We’ve gotta go. Now,” Tony told Jade as he walked over to her.

Jade glared at him. “Why? We haven’t even found out any useful information thanks to you.”

“Oh, stop pouting. Unless you want to die, I suggest you let me get us out of here.”

Letting out an annoyed sigh, Jade obliged and let him grab ahold of her. Tony quickly blasted a hole through the ceiling and took off.

Jade wasn’t exactly a fan of this method of flying and she held on tightly, which was a bit uncomfortable considering the fact that she was clinging onto metal. She squeezed her eyes shut tight and tried to think of something else. Jade heard the explosion of the building below them and she opened her eyes again to watch it be blown to smithereens.

“Someone is afraid of flying,” Tony commented as they landed far away from the site.

Jade let out a breath of relief and relaxed once he finally set her down. “Not normally. But the thought that you could’ve just easily dropped me freaked me out,” she stated as she made her way over to the jet that was still there waiting for them.

“I wouldn’t drop a pretty girl,” he replied earning an eye roll from Jade.

“Don’t even try to sweet talk me right now. You ruined my whole plan. Now we’re returning empty handed because you just had to come in save me like I’m a damsel in distress or something, which by the way I’m NOT and I certainly didn’t need saving. I had control over the situation,” Jade ranted as they boarded the jet.

“Uh, did I not just save you from a terrible fate? A simple thank you would suffice,” Tony retorted.

Jade stared at him as the face of the Iron Man helmet retracted. “Thank you. For making this mission a complete and total waste,” she replied.

Tony let out an exaggerated sigh. “I need a drink. Or five after dealing with you.”

Choosing to ignore him for the rest of the flight, Jade sat and attempted to calm herself down before they made it back to headquarters. She knew Fury would give them hell for failing the mission. She also felt extremely disappointed in herself. This would be the first mission she was sent on that didn’t go well. There was an upside to it all though which was that Fury would probably never team her up with Stark again. Or maybe anyone else for that matter.

Sorting out her thoughts, Jade realized that they could at least report the mutated creatures and that the man behind it all seemed to have a supernatural power. She wasn’t very educated in the whole superhuman area though so she wasn’t going to make any drastic assumptions. Right now, she was just concerned with making it through Fury’s rage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time Jade made it back to her apartment that night, she was completely exhausted. She had dealt with Tony Stark, a failed mission and an angry Fury all in one day and that was just overwhelming. She also had to endure the always glaring, never pleasant Maria Hill. That woman was the most uptight person that Jade had ever come into contact with.

Jade snuggled closer to her pillows and sheets and tried her best to forget about the night. She was beginning to regret how she treated Tony though because even though he did ruin her plan, he really did save her in the end. Jade thought she could have showed at least a little bit of gratitude so before she changed her mind, she grabbed her phone and pulled up Tony’s contact information.

Thanks, Stark. xx

She wrote out the text and clicked send quickly. No longer than a minute later, her phone buzzed.

Kisses? I like.

She rolled her eyes at his reply, not even noticing that she had added ‘xx’ at the end. It was just something she always did in texts. She shut her phone off and placed it on the nightstand. She couldn’t help but smile the more she thought about his response. He may be an ass but Jade couldn’t deny the fact that she enjoyed his flirting. Even if she refused to respond to his attempts, it was still very flattering. After all, Tony Stark isn’t your average man. He was much more than that. Not even the Heartbreaker could deny that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one took so long to get out! :( My classes this semester are very demanding.

Anyway, I know there's a lot that isn't explained in this chapter, but as time goes on it'll all get explained and make sense.

Also, I would really really REALLY appreciate it if I could get some comments on this. I am in dire need of some feedback. Plus, the more feedback I get, the more motivated I am. So its likely that I'll get chapters out faster if I know that people actually like this story.

As always, thank you for reading. You're all lovely (: