Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

Confession P2

*******EDWARD'S P.O.V*********

"You dumb idiot!" I said to Alice who was glaring at me.
"I just think it foolish to postpone the inevitable," she said simply.
"You know we can't protect her if the Volturi finds out!" I spat.
"Tch!"

"Wait," Gwen said unfazed, "what is the 'Volturi?"
"They're the closest thing to royalty in the vampire world," Alice explained quickly, "They set down all our laws that we must live by."
"And the fundamental law, which Miss Big Mouth here broke," I said angrily, "Do not reveal the secret!"
"I see," Gwen said unbelieving, "And now that I found out, what will this 'Volturi' do to me?"
"They will kill you," Jasper said seriously.

"Heh," To everyone's surprise, Gwen was trying to suppress her laughter. I could not believe that she was actually snickering give the circumstance.

"I never seen Jasper so serious," she smiled cockily, "and vampire royalty? You guys really pulled out all the stops to trick me. Well this was a fun joke, but it really didn't work."
"See, I told you," Rosalie waved her hand, "Gwen wouldn't believe something so ridiculous!"
"Ah, well I guess our plan failed," Jasper returned to his easy-going mood. I couldn't really tell if Gwen believed Alice or not so I went along with the lie.
"I was a good actor, wasn't I Gwen?" I smiled.

"You liars," Gwen said suddenly, glaring at me icily, "it's not as if I didn't have my suspicions beforehand. So Alice, I do believe you."
"Good, because it's all true," Alice walked up to Gwen, "now tell me, what are you?"

We all looked on her seriously. This was a question that was a great mystery to us.

*******GWENDELYN'S's P.O.V********

"What do you mean, what I am?" I said curiously, "as much as I dislike it, I am a human."
"No you're not," Carlisle said suddenly, "at least not any type of human I've encountered. And trust me, I've lived a long time."
"The Renaissance outfit you're wearing," I smiled arrogantly, "actually came from that time period didn't it?"
He smiled and nodded.
"I thought so. The design looked too perfect, and the material wasn't cheap."

"So, what are you?" Alice said repeating her question a bit more kindly.
"As I said before," I smiled, amused, "I am but a plain human girl, cursed with demon's eyes."
"And we're saying you're not," Emmet crossed his arms, "Touch you chest."
"What?" I said sharply.
"Your heartbeat," he rolled his eyes, "can you feel it?"
"Yes," I said.
"Can you hear it?"
"Yes,"
"Well we can't! And I'm hearing that damn mountain lion cub sleeping in your bed!' He said.
"Truly?" I said, shocked because I haven't told anyone that I was keeping Kisa in my house. Even Annette hasn't visited in a while.
"Yeah," he said.

"As vampires, we have heightened senses," Esme explained.
"Interesting," I said sitting down.
"Super strength, super speed, we don't forget anything, we don't need sleep, perfect accuracy," Rosalie continued, "stuff like that."
"We even sparkle in sunlight," Jasper chuckled.
I chuckled too at the thought of Emmet glittering like a fairy in the sun.
"That would, of course attract human attention," Esme said.
"I see," I nodded, "That would explain your absence. Camping was too much of an incredible story."
"Yes, I did think so too,"Carlisle said.
"Well, is there anything else?" I asked.

"Yes," Carlisle said, "among vampires, there are those with special abilities. We call them 'Gifted' or 'Talented.' Alice, Jasper and Edward are gifted."
"Really now?"
"Yes," Carlisle nodded, "Jasper can control emotions, Alice can see in the future and Edward can read minds."
"He can what?!" I grabbed my head protectively as if to shield it. To my shock, Edward cringed in pain and pressed two fingers to his forehead.

"Ow!' he yelled, "It's been so long since I've felt pain!"
"Did I do that?" I asked.
"Yes and that's another thing," Alice said looking away from Edward, "when we try to use our powers on you, some kind of security system kicks in. For me, since I see images, it's a sudden flash of light, for Jasper it's something like a wall that blocks out your emotion and I guess for Edward it's some sort of shock."
"So you we're trying to read my mind!" I pointed at Edward, "Y-You shameless bastard!"
"Tch!" he stared angrily at me. I stared back.

"But Alice I really don't know," I sighed, "For as long as I've known, I'm just a human girl. But you're telling me I'm not."
"That's right," Alice said, "Vampire senses are perfect, yet to us, you have zero presence. The fact that you're warm and everyone else can see you just ensures us that you're real."
I couldn't help but laugh, "This is really fun. I always said that I wasn't human, but then to find out that it's true, and to find out that my dear friends are vampires, this is really too much fun. So, shall we find out what I am together?"
"You're insane," Emmet shook his head smiling.
"Yeah," I looked up on him, "because normal is too boring."
"So true," he replied.

"Carlisle," I stood up and threw my keys to him, "I'll take you up on your offer. To tell the truth, I am feeling a bit tired, and I probably shouldn't be driving."
"Alright dear," he said fatherly to me.
"Wait," Edward said gravely as I was at the door, "You still haven't asked the most important question."
"Which is?" I turned to face him.
"What is our diet?" he stared at me, "What do we like to eat?"
"Isn't it obvious?" I turned to the open door, "Blood."
"Aren't you afraid?!' He yelled as I made my way down the steps.
"No," I said simply.
"That's it?!" he yelled, "That's all you're going to say?!"
"Then, don't touch my sister, and we won't have a problem," I glowered at him, then smiled, "But then again, I suppose I wouldn't stand a chance would I?"
"All i have to say to you is," Eward continued, "do not reveal this secret to anyone. No one at all!"
"Why would I?" I said, "After all, it's not my secret to tell."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! I'm so excited that I reached this far. The story is going to get a LOT more interesting, I promise. Bella Is going to be introduced soon and a lot of developments are going to happen. COMMENT PLEASE!

xoxo Kanon - sama ヽ(*・ω・)ノ