Status: Keep in mind, I have a hectic life

Humans, Are Such Nasty Things

She's A Unique Snowflake

"Oh, I didn't know that was her," I said playing with the spaghetti in my plate, the only semi-decent thing the school serves.
"Have you met her yet?" Alice asked excitedly.
"I did, this morning. She was wandering around the front like a lost duckling, tripping over her own feet," I replied, "I would have helped her, but I wanted to see if she could manage on her own."
"So you left her like that?!" Edward growled softly at me.
"Yes I did," I said in a sing-song voice.
"You're so mean," He scoffed looking away from me.

"Are our eyes black?" I said to Edward, "did we hunt last night? No? Is that why we are so mad?"
"Oh shut up!" He hissed at me.
"Stop teasing him Gwen," Jasper said firmly.
"Sorry Jasper," I said, "That was insensitive of me. You being new to this 'vegetarian life and all."
"OOOOOOH! So you care about JASPER but when it comes to ME it's fine right?" Edward turned to me.
"Are we jealous?" I smiled at him.

"Did we miss anything?" Rosalie said, she and Emmet taking their seat around the lunch table.
"No, she didn't do anything yet," Alice said.
"I don't think we should involve her at all. This could be dangerous to us," Rosalie said with a tone of finality, "I mean, with Gwen it was different, but this girl is obviously human. I can smell her blood, Gwe is right next to me at I can't smell hers."
"Yay, I'm special," I said indifferently, playing with a big blob of sauce.

"They're like vultures aren't they?" I said to myself, looking on Bella who was sitting at a different tale with Lauren, Jessica, Ben, Angela, Eric and Mike who seem to have lost all interest for me now that Bella was there, "They swooped you up just like that didn't they? Don't worry, they did that to me too. But I seemed to have found a more interesting bunch."

"I can't read her mind!" Edward bitched, turning to me, "why can't I read her mind?!"
"I don't know!" I made a face at him, "Calm the fuck down."
"I can see her future," Alice smiled.
"And I'm pick up on her emotions," Jasper said.
"Maybe it's just you," Alice shrugged.
"Ha ha, Edward's broken," I said.
"Do you live to torture me?!" He glared at me.
I shrugged my shoulders.

"Her father is the police chief here," Alice said to me.
"Swan?"
"Yeah, Charlie Swan. You know him?"
"I've seen him a few times when I'm out shopping," I said, then changed the topic, "She - Bella - drives that god awful 1953 red Chevy pick up. The paint is all faded and it just looks bad. I was almost brought to tears."
"You mean that monstrosity I saw this morning?" Rosalie said suddenly, "the one was all the chips?"
"Yeah," I said.
"God, that is sad!" Emmet said.

"The one was the short hair is Alice," I heard Lauren said to Bella.
"The one in the middle?" Bella asked.
"No that's Gwendelyn, but she's another freak," Jessica said.
"What about the guys at the end?" Bella said uninterested.
"Him? Oh that's Edward," Jessica said, "Don't bother with him. He acts like everyone here is out of his league."

Bella looked over to our lunch table. She and edward had a brief moment with their eyes together. I looked on them amused.

"Let's go," Edward said to me after Bella broke eye contact, "The bell will ring soon."
"Sure," I said.

I sat beside him at the biology desk, fooling around with the apparatus. Edward was tapping his fingers on the desk like crazy. Suddenly, his eyes widened then a soft growl escaped his lips.

"Sit down! SIT DOWN YOU MAGGOTS!" Mr. Blone said with who but Bella at his heels.
"You insects will be having yet another class mate," He said when the class calmed down, "At least this one, has normal eyes. Well girl, introduce yourself."

"I'm Isabella Swan, Chief Swan's daughter. I came here from Arizona. You can just call me Bella," Bella said detached.
"Alright Miss Swan, we asked for an introduction, not an autobiography," Mr Blone said.
"Right," Bella nodded.

"well, before I start the class, it has come to my attention that too much brainiacs are paired with brainicas and too much dumbasses are sitting with dumbasses so the class's total average is all fucked up," Mr. Blone started, Bella seemed to be taken aback by Blone's attitude, "Normally, I could give a shit about you snot nosed brats, but the higher my total class average, the higher my chance is of getting a bonus. So shut up and listen!"

There was a lot of grumbling as people switched seats.

"G. Bright, you're sitting with S. Thomas!" Mr. Blone yelled.
"Bye bye," I waved to Edward the took my place beside a boy who looked stoned.
Edward nodded sharply. It took a minute for Blone to get to the end. Bella's name still wasn't called.
"Oh! I didn't take you into account, you being a new student and all," Blone said, "Ah, oh, Mr Cullen doesn't have a partner. Miss Swan, sit beside him."
"Alright," Bella said taking a seat beside edward who looked like he was ready to vomit.

Covering his face, slowing inching away from Bella and refusing to touch her! Awkwardly pushing different instruments in her direction then taking them back with the tip of his fingers! Oh darling Edward, I've never seen you so flustered so careful! So unsure, so precarious, so.......afraid! Ah~! It warms my heart in a strange way to see Edward in so much pain! It feels good to see the proud Edward so baffled by this plain human, with nothing special about her. Heh! I feel like it serves him right! Oh! There really is a god!

At the end of the class Edward bolted out the door and finally I released my suppressed laughter. I slowly packed up my stuff and noticed that Bella was inching near me.

"Hi, you're Gwendelyn right?" She said.
"Yes I am, Isabella," I looked at her feeling beyond amused, "call me Gwen."
"In that case call me Bella," she smiled in an attempt to be friendly, "Y-you're friends with the Cullens right? And Edward?"
"uh huh," I nodded.
"Well is he alright?" she asked, "he was acting really strange and he just bolted out here like a maniac. Is he always like that?"
"No, not really," I said.
"Then was it me? did I make him feel uncomfortable or something?"
"Well, who knows? Maybe, we should find out together, huh?" I smiled at her.
"What do you mean by that?"
"Nothing," I turned to walked out.

"Your eyes," Bella said, "are really pretty. Mine are just plain brown."
"Thanks," I said

**********************************

"Edward get the fuck outta my house," I said from under the sheet.
"I thought you wouldn't notice me," he plopped down on my bed. I kicked him off.
"Of course I noticed you," I said still lying down staring out the window, "the aura of a vampire aka YOU is all over my room."
"I so hate that you can sense us now," he sighed.
"I've been practicing," I said, "but you really are a pervert aren't you. Shamelessly waltzing in a lady's room in the dead of night. A lecher like you should die."
"What is it that you have against me?" He half-shouted.
"You piss me off," I said.
"HOW?"
"You're just so know it all you damned mind reader,"
"I can't even read your mind!"
"Still, it pisses my off cause you know everyone's damn business,"
"Not everyone,"

"She was asking about you," I turned in my bed to look at him.
"Who?" he asked.
"Bella," I said.
"Really?" He jumped up excited.
"Yeah," she asked why you were freaking out over there.
He looked on the floor, "Yeah, speaking of her, I came over to tell you something."

"What?" I asked.
"I'm going to be leaving Forks - " he began.
"Really?!" I sat up in a smile.
" - for a for days."
"Oh," my hopes and happiness fell, "well damn."
Edward made a face at me.
"Take care," I said lying down again.
"That's it?" he said.
I added a wave
"Aren't you even going to ask why?"
"Doesn't concern me," I yawned.
"It's to protect Bella," he said.
"Okay," I said.
"She's my 'Singer',"

I sat up. This guy wasn't going to let me got to sleep until I let him talk.
"Alright," I sighed, indulging him, "what's a 'Singer' "
"A 'singer' is basically a human whose blood smell completely irresistible to a particular vampire. It's like that person's blood was made for the vampire and you just can't help but lust over it," he explained.
"So basically," I rubbed my eyes, "she's the human you want to kill the most."
"What did you have to say it like that?" he rolled his eyes.
"I'm right though, aren't I?" I said.
"In a sense, yes,"
"So you're off killing more animals, but doing it farther away to protect that girl," I said, "you heading to the Denalis?"
"Yeah," he said, "I just have to make sure that Bella's safe."
"That's a lot of care you're showing for a plain human girl," I said.
"Don't call her plain!" He hissed at me.
I raised an eyebrow at him, "Don't tell me that you've fallen for this girl."
"Yeah, I think just might be madly in love with the person I want to kill the most," he declared, "I'm twisted aren't I? A sadistic monster!"

There was an awkward silence in which the two of us didn't say anything or look on each other.

"hey," I said breaking the silence.
"What?" he said sharply.
"Do you," I smiled and slid my sleeve down my shoulder, "wanna suck my blood?"
He rolled his eyes and exhaled a laugh, "Don't be ridiculous."
I fixed back my sleeve. Of course I wasn't serious, I just wanted to see his reaction.
"I mean," he continued, "who knows what type of reaction my venom will have on you. You're body obviously is set up to protect you against vampires."
"How arrogant," I sniffed, "Did you even think that it was my blood that was dangerous to vampires? And that your abilities shut off when it comes to me to warn you of danger?"

"That-" Edward stopped short, "That actually is a pretty good point."
"See," I said.
"I'll have to talked to Carlisle about that," he mused.
"Right, Right," I yawned, "Now as I said, get the fuck outta my house."
♠ ♠ ♠
ENTER BELLA! THE UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE! hope you guys liked it. Comment and stuff. Love ya!

xoxo Kanon - sama (○゜ε^○)