Sequel: Carnival
Status: Completed

Arkham

Looking for Each Other

(Myca's Point of View)

After I got off the train, I went to a motel and paid to stay for the night. In the early morning, I woke up, got dressed, and started looking for Jon.

I run to the apartment building in the Narrows. I stop in front of the door and went inside, climbed up the stairs, and stopped in front of Jon's door. I knock on the door.

"Jon? Are you home? Its Myca. Please answer the door." I knock again. He probably isn't home. I walk down the stairs in anguish and run all the way to Arkham. I walk in and went to the woman at the front desk.

"Excuse me? Ma'am?"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if I can talk to Dr. Crane."

"I'm sorry, he's not here yet. He's coming to check on a new patient. If you're willing to wait, then you can wait over there," the woman said pointing to the row of chairs next to an old television and some outdated magazines.

"Okay, thank you." The woman nodded as a response and I walked to a chair and sat down. I see the front desk lady pick up the phone and talk. I was too far away to hear what she's saying. I hear her call over to me.

"Excuse me, Miss. What's your name?"

"Myca," I said. I saw her lips move and it looked like she said my name. She nodded and it looked like she said 'okay.' She hangs up the phone and walks up to me.

"I just called Dr. Crane. He'll be here right away. I didn't know you he had a fiancee and a very pretty one at that." I try not to be in shock.

"Yup. He's the love of my life." In a way, that was sort of true.

"Well I just called him and he'll be here shortly."

"Thank you." I just continue to stare at the front door, waiting to see Jon walking in. It takes about twenty minutes for him to get ready and fifteen minutes to get here. I have to wait here for thirty-five minutes! I look at the television and its a Spanish game show. I look time and time again at the front door, hoping to see Jon, but no such luck.

I wish I had something to do while I wait. I wish I had a pack of cards to play solitaire. I wish Jon could get here sooner. Even though I've seen him multiple times before and it hasn't been long since I've last seen him, I was nervous and butterflies fluttering in my chest. I look at the door again, no one was walking in. I twiddle my thumbs. I stare out the window behind me, looking out into the Narrows.

I heard the door squeak open. I whip my head to the door. It wasn't Jon. It was another doctor. I sigh and look around the lobby. The paint of the walls were red and chipping. The stairs and the rest of the wood work is a dark stain, but wore out over the years. Above my head was a picture of a man with the name plated beneath which read;

'Amadeus Arkham'

That must've been the founder of this asylum. I look back to the door again, Jon wasn't there. He was taking a really long time to get here. I was becoming impatient.

"C'mon, Jon. Where are you?" My leg started shaking from anticipation. I hope he doesn't think that i'm here only to yell at him. Thats completely not the case. I look at one on the magazines and i just browse through it. It was extremely old. i put it down and continued to stare at the door, biting my nails.

I then see a lanky figure in a grey suit come in. It was Jon. I stand right out of my seat.

"Jon!" He looked my way and walked over to me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Would you believe me if I said I missed you?"

"I might," he joked.

Jon and I walked upstairs and into an empty cell so he and I could talk.

"I shouldn't have ran away. I'm so sorry, Jon." I hugged Jon as tightly as my skinny arms could muster. I felt complete. It felt like Jon's arms were home. Despite what he did, despite him being a total psychopath, I felt so safe.

"You had the right to. After hearing what I did and that I lied about it. You must think I'm a completely insane."

"I don't care if you are. I am too. We can be insane together. I promise I'll stay by your side and never ever leave you again. I love you, Jonathan Crane," I said, then planted a passionate kiss on his lips. He kissed back, hard.

"Be with me when we take down gotham. i want you by my side."

"We're taking down Gotham? How?"

"The huge shipments of the fear toxin will be deployed throughout the entire city. Starting with the Narrows. There is a water main under this very building. The inmates are working on making the toxin more potent. They pour the toxin into the water. There is also a device that takes away a cities water supply that was going to be used for the military, but we stole it. Thats how we're getting the toxin into the air. Then, we will watch Gotham tear itself apart through fear. "

"Well, that answers a lot of questions."

"I planned on telling you, honest. Also, there was a second reason I came into Arkham, Rachel Dawes called and she's angry at me for moving Falcone into the secure wing of the asylum."

"What are we going to do?"

(Jonathan's point of View)

"Yes, we. I want to help you take care of here and make sure that this plan goes smoothly. I love you, remember?"

She said she loves me? Really? I've never had someone say that to me before except for Mercy. It gave me butterflies in my chest and my heart was a flutter. I couldn't help but smile. In my whole life, I've never known what it was like to have someone show affection toward me, the one person who showed me any love was taken away. Now I have someone else to care about me and love me. I just held Myca in my arms. I felt her heart beat become in sync with mine.

"I love you too, Myca."

"So, how do we take care of the little bitch? I don't want her bothering you again."

"I was just going to have Scarecrow pay her a visit before she came to the asylum, but then I thought, why not have her come here? She'll be somewhere where she can't get help. She'll be nowhere near a phone and we could watch her die together."

"We can watch her die together? You're so romantic," she said pulling on my tie.

"Are you trying to seduce me, Miss Crane?" Myca had fiery passion in her eyes and I loved it.

"Maybe. Is it working?" She started unbuttoning my jacket and I tossed it aside. I unzipped her hoodie and tossed that aside as well. We kissed and I lead her to the cot in the cell. I laid her down and she lifted her shirt off.

"Are you sure, dear?"

"Absolutely." On that note, I loosened my tie, then my pager rang.

"What was that?"

"My pager." I look at it and its telling me to go to Falcone's cell.

"Fucking hell. I'm sorry, love. I'm needed. The bitch is here. Raincheck?"

"Of course," Myca said putting her shirt and hoodie back on. I tighten my tie and put my jacket back on.

"I want you to wait outside. I'll come get you."

"Okay, be careful. I know things about Rachel Dawes. She's connected to the most important man in Gotham, Bruce Wayne."

"And how do you know this?"

"I spent the night at Wayne Manor. Bruce saw me crying on the train and offered me a place to stay. I was completely miserable there." Wait... what now?

"Its Wayne Manor. How could you have been miserable there?"

"Because you weren't there." She gave me one last kiss before we left the room. I was going to the elevator, but she was heading for the stairs.

"Give her hell." She gave me one last wink before she walked away and closed the door.

(Myca's Point of View)

I run down the stairs and I hide in the basement. I assume thats where Jon's inmates were working on the toxin scheme. If Jon thinks I'm just going to stand by when Rachel has the means to put Jon away for life, then he has another thing coming.

I promise I'll stay by your side and never ever leave you again. I love you, Jonathan Crane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it :)