Status: stick with me people the updates are coming.

Meet Me at the Pier

Book Store Pervs.

I groaned as I rolled over. My head pounded in different places all over my skull. I curled tightly into a ball but it didn’t help. I was awake now. I sighed and swung my legs over the edge and stood. I took a minute to look around the unfamiliar room. The walls were painted a deep purple and the furniture was black. Pictures of my old town and the family were hung up in random places. I realized that this was the room Sammy and Michael set up for me. I smiled at my brother’s work, they knew me so well.

I walked slowly to the duffle bag thrown on the floor and rummaged through it. Finding some dark green booty shorts and a black tank top I threw them on and braided my hair. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen determined to find some form of food. I heard the door open and close so I glanced around the corner to find those brothers from the store.

“Sam! There’s a crazy person in your house!” the brother who had grabbed me. I scoffed and glared at him.

“Sammy! Tell me you’re not friends with these psychos!” I shouted down the hall. Both the boys shouted hey and I just glared at them. Little pests.

“Calm down! Now who are you talking about?” Sam asked coming out of the hall way. He smiled at me and looked at the boys. I simply pointed at the rascals.

“Them. Why are they here?” I growled. Sam looked at me shocked then at the boys.

“Them? We knew him first!” the quieter one said. I laughed. “So you boot out!”

“Hey man that’s my sister!” Sam shouted walking over to me. I gave them the ‘ha!’ Face. Both the boys groaned at took Sam’s arm and dragged him out of the room. I stared at the place they had been and just glared at it. Having those demons in my house was going to be a pain. Especially since they seem to hate me. Well I wasn’t too fond of them either! They put a gash in my fucking head!

After writing mom a quick note telling her I went out, I ran down the road and headed towards the pier. I was determined to find a job, considering how bored I was going to be. I paused a moment to wonder how long I slept since it was nearly dark out. I shrugged it off and contuied walking until I found a small book store. Smiling I stepped in.

“Hello! How can I help…. You” the man behind the desk said. I looked at him oddly. He was staring at my legs. His eyes finally meet my angry eyes and he smirked. I rolled my eyes and walked to the counter. “What’s up beautiful?”

“Ugh, pervy! Anyway I was wondering if I could get a job.” I said. He looked at me for a long moment and I sighed. I leaned on the counter letting my shirt fall a little. His eyes went straight for my breasts. “Please” I said sounding ridiculous.

“Uh. Yea! Hmm. Yes you can man the...uh counter while I’m out… I suppose.” He said. I rolled my eyes before smiling. I straightened up and looked at him. “What’s your name doll?”

If I wasn’t going to puke then I was definitely going to now. I contuied to smile at him. “Brittany” I said. A sparkle seemed to shine in his eyes as I said my name and it scared me. He grinned at me and handed me an apron type thing. I looked at it with furrowed brows.

“You can start now brit! You’ll work until 9:30 tonight and come in tomorrow and we’ll figure all your stuff out!” he said as he was literally running out the door. I looked at the apron and chucked it behind the counter.

About half an hour later I was bored so I decided to explore the store so I knew where things were. I started first behind the counter looking through the desk drawers. After finding nothing exciting I walked towards the back of the shop. I was going through boxes when I heard the bell from the door ding.

“Welcome! I’ll be out in a moment!” I shouted over my shoulder. I found some work shirts and was trying to carry them. I felt someone put their hands on my waist and I jumped, whirled around and smacked the person right on the cheek.

I gasped when I saw it was David. Something passed through his face that frightened me. His eyes glowed amber and his cheek bones seemed to harden, but as soon as it was there it was gone. He stood in front of me rubbing his cheek. It almost looked like he was pouting. Immediately I felt guilty.

“I’m sorry David! I thought you were the pervy guy!” I apologized. He looked at me for a long time then smiled. He reached over and for a moment I thought he was going to smack me but he grabbed the shirts from behind me.

“You work here now?” he said. His voice was different, huskier. I nodded as he walked to the counter. I scrambled to fallow him. I sat on the counter in front of him as I looked at the t-shirts. I furrowed my brow at a black on that looked way too big for me.

“Uh yea. Today actually, but the guy who gave me the job is really creepy. He was staring down my shirt!” I said not really paying attention to what I was saying. I looked at a blue shirt. I groaned seeing how they were all impossible. David handed me a white tank top shirt that said ‘pier’s books’ I smiled as I held it up to me seeing if it should fit. “Thanks”

“Who is your boss?” David said his voice sounded tight. I looked at him oddly he just looked back at me.

“What are you doing? Sitting on the counter! Really doll face! Common sense!” the pervy guy shouted making me jump. David set his hand on my thigh to keep me from falling. I held down the gasp from the electricity that seemed to radiate from his hand.

“Don’t call her doll face” David growled. I looked between him and the pervy guy. They hand an instance stare down before the pervy guy scoffed and walked passes us, successfully pushing me off the counter. A small scream escaped my lips before I could notice that David had caught me.

“Go on now, its 9:30 go have fun on the pier or something” the pervy guy said waving me off. I let out a frustrated sigh. I took my shirt and walked out the door. I began walking towards the water when I felt an arm around my shoulder. I looked around and came face to face with David’s grinning lips.

“Where are you going? Doll face” he said mocking the pervy guy’s nickname. I glared at him and pushed his arm away.

“Don’t call me that. And walking to the water.” I said simply. I heard him chuckle as he put his arm around my shoulder again.

“Why do you want to go to the water?” he asked almost like he was disgusted. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

“Because once I do that I’m going home and going to bed because I’m tired.” I said. He nodded with a smirk on his face. I found myself smiling and soon enough we were looking at the water. I watched the dark water slouch back and forth. I looked up at the moon and closed my eyes. Being in the nature always calmed me.

I tensed when I heard faint screaming. My head snapped to the right, where the sounds were coming from. The screams were cut off suddenly. I looked around to see if anyone had heard it but people were still bustling about. I looked to David who was just staring at the water. I backed away from him knowing deep in my gut he heard it too.

“Don’t go” he said, still not looking at me. I shook my head and continued moving back. “I said don’t go!” he growled. His face snapped towards me and I saw the amber eyes and hard cheek bones like I saw before. I stared at him in fear, fear that he was going to do something stupid. His face softened and he turned to me.

“Don’t” I said. I was trying to make sense of what I saw. There was something in him, something dark and it terrified me that I was drawn to it. He reached out and I jerked back, afraid that he would lure me back again.

“Please, don’t go” he whispered. I shook my head and turned and ran down the street and all the way home. Once I made it I collapsed in my bed and fell asleep.

~dream~

I felt like I was floating. Hands found their way to my waist and pulled me to the body. It was a man, a lean but muscular man. I groaned from moving earning a chuckle from the person holding me. I smacked their chest which earned an even harder laugh.

“Oh shut up” I mumbled as I curled into his chest. I felt a hand go through my hair. I smiled and kissed their collar bone. “Let me sleep”

“No, you’re mine now.” It was David’s deep voice that I heard. I snuggled closer and somehow found his words comforting. “Now sleep. You’re going to need it.”

Then I felt the air whooshing past my face like I was falling. My eyes shot open and there was David who was grinning down at me.

~end dream~

I gasped as I sat up in bed. I was in only my tank top and panties and I wondered who changed me. The thought left my mind as I tried to remember my dream. As hard as I tried I couldn’t remember. I remembered little parts like falling though air, or piercing blue eyes, but that was all. I groaned as fell back against my pillow trying to fall back asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter two. woooo!
please don't be a silent reader! i love to know what you think!
enjoy!