Everything About You

Period Fights

Zayn sat propped against the wall of his bunk. It was another night of a no sleep. It still bothered him that Nicola compared him to Vinny. Ever since Nicola told the boys what happened between them, all Zayn wanted to do is hunt Vinny down and kill him. Zayn was never one for being an aggressive person, but Nicola brought out the worst in him.

“Fuck,” he sighed as he dropped his book to the blue sheet in his bunk.

He would hear Nicola tried to call him to apologize again. Zayn wanted to accept her apology, but it was hard. Whenever she’s around him he can’t control himself. It was hard to go through a full set during their concert without grabbing her and kissing her.

“Zayn,” Niall’s Irish brogue had Zayn recollecting his thoughts.

“What’s up mate,” he opened the curtain to his bunk and stared at the boy.

Niall knelt down, “look,” he shrugged, “I think you should try to work things out with Nicola.”

“What,” Zayn snapped, “now you’re on her side,” he turned to look at him better.

“No, no,” Niall waved his hands, “I just think there’s too much tense on this bus,” he explained, “it’s been like three days.”

Zayn’s sigh was heavy and long, “it’s hard, mate.”

“What is?”

“To accept her apology. She compared me to Vinny.”

“Well, yeah,” he nudged his head to the side, “she told me. She explained everything. Just talk to her, you wanker,” Niall threw at his band mate before Zayn could respond.

Zayn watched Niall jog to the back room. Zayn let out a deep breath and swung his legs out of his bunk. Nicola was just a bunk down and across. She probably heard what Niall said. Then he noticed the bus wasn’t moving. He got out of his bed and looked out the large window. They had stopped to get gas and other necessities.

Zayn threw on a pair of boots and waltzed off the bus. After a quick cigarette, he was ready to face Nicola. Zayn shoved his hands in his pockets and entered the small store. The door bell rang and he jumped at the sudden noise. He made his way further in the store silently.

“What?” Nicola’s voice shrieked playfully, “no,” she giggled.

Zayn frowned at her voice. He rounded the corner of an aisle and saw a boy talking to her. He had nothing on Zayn. The boy looked about seventeen, which was much too young for Nicola. Zayn walked closer to the duo. He got a better look at the mystery boy. His brown hair was swooped across his head lazily. His mouth was large with white teeth exposed. There was too much gum showing. His eyes looked like a light hazel color. He stood a least two inches shorter than Zayn, but still taller than Nicola. His body stood awkwardly, too skinny, no muscle.

“So,” the lanky boy smiled, “where are you from?”

Nicola cocked her head to the side and twirled a piece of hair with her fingers, “New Jersey.”

“Wow,” he chuckled, “why are you in Rhode Island,” he crossed his arms over his chest.

“I’m actually on tour,” she replaced her hair from her finger to her mouth.

“Oh, really,” the boy nodded, “what kind of music do you play?”

“Um,” she spat the hair from her lips, “I’m actually playing the guitar for a band. I’m just filling in,” she held a basket in one hand and switched it to the other.

“Cool,” he took a step closer to Nicola.

Zayn’s hands were balled into fists as he overlooked the entire scene. His blood started to boil. The bastard was trying to make a move on his woman. Zayn took a step back. Nicola wasn’t Zayn’s, but he so badly wanted her to be. After calming himself down he took long strides to the twosome.

“Hey babe,” Zayn snaked his arm around Nicola’s shoulders.

Nicola’s eyes widened at him. How was she supposed to respond to that? Zayn didn’t want anything to do with her, or so she thought. What was he up to now? So many thoughts flashed through her head.

“Hi,” her voice was less voluminous.

“Who’s you friend,” Zayn asked in his Bradford accent, making Nicola melt a little inside.

“This is Matt,” she looked at the boy now.

“Hey, Matt,” Zayn offered his free hand for a shake.

Matt took Zayn’s hand, “hey,” he gave it one quick shake.

“We gotta go babe,” Zayn looked down at Nicola, “the bus is about to leave.”

“Alright,” she slid out of Zayn’s hold and walked over to the register.

Zayn eyed Matt in disgust. Matt returned the favor. Matt thought Zayn didn’t look like a decent guy and Zayn thought the same about Matt. Neither of them said anything to each other. Zayn just walked away to where Nicola was.

“Here,” Zayn took out his wallet, “let me pay for it.”

“No,” Nicola grabbed his card.

“Why not?” he furrowed his brows.

She opened her mouth to respond, but didn’t know how, “it’ll, um,” she cleared her throat, “it’ll look weird.”

“What for Matt?” Zayn scoffed.

“No,” she sighed, “you don’t know what I even bought.”

“Oh,” Zayn realized where she was going with that, “whatever,” he shoved the card at the clerk.

“You really didn’t have to,” she bit her lip as she eyed the card getting swiped.

“So what,” Zayn nudged her side, “it’s not a first for me. I've done it many times. I have sisters.”

“Younger ones,” Nicola mumbled.

“Did a little research, huh,” he laughed taking back his card and grabbed the bags.

“Zayn,” Nicola groaned, “I’m fully capable of carrying my own bags,” she trailed behind Zayn.

“I know,” he held the door open for Nicola.

“By the way,” she exited the store and lit a cigarette immediately, “why are you being so nice to me? It’s scaring the shit out of me,” she blew a ring a smoke.

“I wanted to talk,“ Zayn grabbed Nicola’s cigarette and took a drag, “So what did you find out about me on the internet?”

“I’m not discussing that,” Nicola snatched the cigarette back.

“Nicola,” Zayn’s eyes held Nicola’s, “I’m ready to talk.”

“I’m not,” Nicola shouted flicking the half done cigarette away and stomped back into the bus.

Zayn blew out a breath of frustration and followed her back in. He chucked the two bags on the seat in the booth. He crouched down at Nicola’s bunk. Her boots were thrown in the path way. He smirked as he heard her mumble to herself.

“Nic,” he knocked on the post.

“Fuck off,” she spat.

“Nicola,” he lifted the curtain and entered the bunk without permission, “please, can we talk.”

“Do you know that’s all I wanted the past several days? But, no! You never gave me the time. That’s why I compared you to Vinny. He never listened to me. He didn’t give one fucking shit about me. He made me feel like complete crap! Do you know that Zayn,” her eyes sprung tears.

“Nic,” he closed the curtain and sat Indian style with her, “I want to say that I accept your apology,” he sighed.

“Fucking great!” she slammed her back into the wall.

Zayn crawled over to her, “I’m sorry,” he leaned in for a kiss.

Nicola’s lips connected with his perfectly. She almost forgot why she was mad at him again. Nicola flicked her tongue at Zayn’s lips. He let her enter with no hesitation. Zayn’s hands slid up her hip to just below her breast. She gasped under his touch. His other hand played with the hem of her jeans. Nicola pushed him back and inched away from him.

“What’s wrong this time?” he sighed.

“Um,” she stuttered, “I’m, um,” she bit her bottom lip, “I’m kind of on my…”

“Oh,” he nodded, “that really ruined the mood.”

“This is so awkward,” Nicola ran a hand through her hand and hopped out of the bunk.

Zayn followed behind her silently. She sat at the booth in the kitchen area. Zayn sat across from her.

“What does this mean?” Nicola snapped.

“Well,” Zayn clasped his hands together, “I thought we could go on a date and see where that takes us or we could just make this quicker,” he shrugged, “and you could be my girlfriend.”

“I still hadn't explained the whole situation with our original fight,” Nicola whispered.

“It doesn't matter right now.”

“It does though,” she looked up at him, “I’m emotionally unstable Zayn. I’m broke as fuck and my social skills are literally nonexistent. I’m just a wreck.”

“I can help.”

“That’s what Vinny tried once. He only lured me deeper into being a whore,” she was still crying, “he broke me Zayn. He did every possible thing he could to make sure I suffered. He doesn't deal as much as he used to because I called the cops on him once. Now every time I see him, I have to be nice. It’s that or be killed. He basically runs the town. He thought he was such a tough guy. He always put on a façade.”

Zayn got up, Nicola eyeing him as he moved next to her. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He wedged his head into her neck. He was silent at first. Nicola felt her heart race as his free hand traced circles on her palm.

“I’m here for you,” he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicola's Clothes

58 subscribers. Cool story, bro! This is the beginning of a new journey. Things will be pretty rocky... or so my brain tells me. Who knows. This was crap. haha. Whatever!!! Feedback?
Comment, Subscribe, and/or Recommend! Thanks!

X Dani