Everything About You

Practice

Zayn held his microphone as he stared at Nicola fingering her new guitar. Her eyes were so bright under the stage lights. Their brightness only increased due to the sheer fascination of her new instrument. She looked like a kid during Christmas that got exactly what she wanted. He hadn't realized he had been staring at her this entire time until Niall hit him in the head.

"What the hell, mate?" Zayn turned to look at his band mate.

"It was your turn, lad," Niall hid behind Liam for protection.

Zayn sighed, "sorry, mate," he apologized. His gaze went back to Nicola's and her eyes showed no emotion whatsoever.

"Come on guys," Simon stood from his seat, "you all need to concentrate. Make sure you don't mess up this time," he sighed as he sat back down.

Liam started off signing One Thing. Nicola began with what she was supposed to do. The rest of the boys seemed to be perfectly fine with dealing with a new guitarist, except for Zayn. His eyes would wonder over to her every now and again. It was like he didn't have control over his own body. Zayn being the boy he is, he tried to impress her with his singing and over did it. The other boys just shook their heads at Zayn. He didn’t know what to do to get her attention.

They preformed five more songs after that. Simon wanted to make sure the band had the hang of, not only the songs, but the new guitarist. Nicola seemed to fit in perfectly musically. She knew the notes and had no problem with any of the songs.

Once practice was over, Zayn heard a loud riff. Nicola had began to play an unfamiliar song. Her fingers seemed to graze the guitar with ease. Zayn thought the song sounded difficult to play. He looked at the girl with wide eyes as she started to mouth words. He wanted to ask what song she was playing, but her playing was too loud.

“Nicola,” Simon shouted to get her attention.

Nicola fumbled once she heard Simon’s booming voice, “sorry,” she mumbled.

“What song were you playing?” Zayn found the courage to ask her.

“Nothing you would know boy band,” she put her new Schechter into its case and walked off stage.

Zayn stood there, in shock at her tone of voice. She sounded as if she regretted being a part of this band. Even though she was rude to him, he was still fascinated by her. He needed to know more about her. It felt strange to feel this way about anyone, much less a girl he’s only known for several days. Zayn knew there was something about this girl that needed to be confronted.

Niall slapped his friend on the back. Zayn snapped out of the trance that he had been in. Zayn looked at his friend with angry eyes. Niall held up his hands in an apology.

“Look, mate,” Niall began, “what’s gotten into you? You’ve been vacant ever since you saw that girl.”

Zayn huffed out a breathe, “Niall,” he looked at his friend, “leave me alone,” with that Zayn walked off stage with his hands in his pockets.

Niall was now in shock. Zayn never was this bad. He knew it had to be that girl, Nicola. He noticed Zayn is obvious glances at her. Zayn didn’t even try to hide that fact. Just then Louis walked over to Niall.

Louis clapped his hand on Niall’s shoulder, “Niall,” he began, “let it go. Zayn is obviously smitten.”

“I know that,” he looked over at Louis, “but he doesn't have to be such a wanker.”

Zayn sat on the tour bus, blasting his music through his head phones. Nicola made his blood pressure rise. She made him heated. He wanted to even yell at her for being such an awful person to him. She didn’t act this badly with the other guys. She made Zayn look like the bad guy.

Zayn looked out into the small walkway between the bunks to see Nicola get into her bunk. She was going to stay with the band until they figured out where to put her. Zayn didn’t mind her being there. He just wished that she wasn't so nasty.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Later that night, it was the first concert with Nicola playing the guitar. As all the boys got ready, Nicola left to get ready in the bathroom of the venue. Zayn threw on his letterman jacket and walked over to the building. He fell into the brick wall of the building and lit up a cigarette. Two drags later Nicola returned from changing. Zayn nearly choked on the smoke when he saw her.

“Sorry,” she mumbled when she saw him.

She too had a cigarette placed in her mouth. A click sprang from her lighter, shining on her face. Zayn stared at her as she took a drag of her cigarette. It was as if it all happened in slow motion. The smoke escaped her lips. Her eyes closed slightly and once they opened, they moved over to look at Zayn.
“Are you going to let your cigarette burn down,” Nicola pointed out.

Zayn was brought out of his trance when he saw there was only one drag left. He flicked the butt and lit another cigarette. Racking a hand through his hair, he spoke, “so, why did you start playing the guitar?”

Even Zayn was surprised in his question, “Um,” Nicola cleared her throat, “that’s kind of personal,” she spat and flicked her unfinished cigarette. She then stomped off to the bus.

All Zayn could do was stare after her, wondering what had just happened. Zayn didn’t think he asked anything personal. He thought of a conclusion that Nicola was just a complicated girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicola's Outfit

I didn't proof read this, sorry for errors. I forgot to post this, like days ago! :D oops!
Comment, Recommend, and Subscribe!

X Dani