My 8th Grade Journal

Hell To Pay With Vanquished Memories

I woke up at the sound of the morning alarm they had played over the P.A. system. I hadn't realized that I had slept for a complete fifteen hours until I looked at the clock. It was only eight in the morning. I felt pretty good. I guess that it's good to get sleep every once in a while. I walked myself down to the dining hall and decided to sit alone. I grabbed a bagel and some orange juice and I was content with myself and my small breakfast. I saw the girl I had beat the crap out of in the lunch line. She was staring at me. I looked away, not letting her gaze bother me. It wasn't until she came over to me that I had started to worry. "What?" I said in a sour tone. "I wanted to sit with you."

"Why would you want to sit with a bitch like me?"

"Well, I had realized that I was being the bitch yesterday. You were just trying to help me. I don't like help. And the reason I was in such a bad mood was because I had just gotten out of the counselor's office. I hate it when they try and make you talk. "

"Yeah, he hasn't gotten one word out of me yet. I made the guards think that he raped me because he pissed me off soo bad. " She laughed a manacle laugh. "Good one. He pisses me off too. "

"But, I just can't help that he looks soo familiar to me. Do you know about his back round?"

"Not a clue. No one knows about him. We just know his last name. " My eyes widened. "What is it?"

"Pattison. Why?" That name sounded a bit familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Do we have any computers here?" Wow. I was acting like it was the place I work at. It was sorta creepy. "Yea. I think they are in the media center. " I nodded my head and took a bite of my bagel. I figured that I would get some info when I had the free time. It seemed like I was always talking to Mr. Pattison. "So, what's your name, chicka?" She looked at me a little funny. I started to laugh. "Leah."

"Pretty."

"Not really. I consider it to be more of a stripper name. Or a hooker. Or maybe both." We both laughed. "What's yours chicka?" I giggled. "Desiree."

"That's such a pretty name."

"Maybe in your perspective. But then again, it could be some sex name." I laughed again. I think I was making a new friend. A friend that I had beaten the shit out of. A guard came over and tool Leah away. "Later!" I said as she waved. I figured I'd use this alone time to go check out Mr. Pattison. So, I finished my bagel and drank my juice, which was very tasty by the way, and walked to the media center. There was only a few computers but still, it was info access. I searched the Internet for hours, and I didn't find anything. I was getting annoyed. No, pissed. I turned off the computer and went to my room. I slammed the door and laid on my bed. There was funny pictures in the ceiling again. But it wasn't before long that I had company. "Hello?" The guard said as he walked in. Note that almost all the guards here are male. Isn't that just dandy? "What do you want?"

"He wants you." I rolled my eyes and slid off my bed. "Fine." I said as the guard escorted me to his office. I plopped down and relaxed. 'I will not let him bother me today.' My thoughts were confident. "Hello."

"What do you want now?"

"I wanted to talk about that little stunt you pulled a couple days ago. "

"Did you get charged for that?" I said with a laugh. "No, they believed me. Not you."

"Well then maybe I'll just have to change my tactics." I said with a sly dirty smile.

"Maybe." He said right back. That was a downer. I think that he was actually looking forward to this kind of shit. He was a sadistic man. But, oddly it was fun. It reminded me a little bit of when I use to live here before all of this stupid shit had happened. When I was mischievous. I noticed that he was staring at me. "Take a picture. It would last longer." He laughed. "How is your family?"

"Just fucking dandy." 'All lies!' my mind was telling me that I needed this ... no wanted this help. Then again, it was telling him to fuck off and that I can take care of my own problems. It was half and half. "What about ... Dante?" He hit a nerve. "What about him?" I said a little shaky. "Is he OK?"

"He's fine."

"Are you sure? What about what had happened at home a few days ago?" 'How did he know this? What's going on?' My mind was flipping out. "How do you know about that?"

"I know many things. "

"Whatever Mr. Pattison." His face went into shock. "How did you know my name?"

"I know many things." I said mockingly. He slid me a evil look and I slid him one right back. "When are you going to let me go?"

"When we get through what we need to get through."

"There's nothing to get through! I don't wanna talk to some half baked loser who doesn't know a thing about his job."

"Would you rather talk to Dan?" That set me off. I jumped up and tackled him. I pinned him down. "Don't you EVER mention his name again. Got that!?" He didn't reply. Just then, the guards walked in and took me to my room. I sat on the my bed rocking back and forth trying to re-compose myself. It wasn't working too well. 'How does he know all of that? How does he know about Dan?' My mind was officially broken. There was nothing that could fix it. I laid down and slept for twenty four hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Working on next chapter. Tell me what ya think.