Forever Kingdom

Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ectoneous Immortal's Legacy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~Ecton's Background~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eri..I mean Ectoneous, or Ecton for short, had grew up, a dreamer, the only dreamer in his family if truth be told.
He had 2 siblings from his immediate family. Two older sisters, one simple and not very caring of life, the other very smart and rather successful. Himself, kind of in between, very good at some things and not so good at others but usually always filled with passion one way or another in life...

His parents, also somewhat simple people, his mother more of a happy and compassionate person than his father, where as his father, though he worked until he was middle aged, a mechanic - was very stubborn and even when his father was young was very set in his ways. Such a mixture of a happy but naive and stubborn up bringing, and with Ecton being the youngest and usually most overlooked of the children, Ecton was far from encouraged...
His mother didn't know about his interests and his father didn't care or like his interests.

Even so, Ecton had his hopes and dreams, his desires, his interests. He was the only one with this energy in his family, this enthusiasm and motivation. Also he had boundless stamina. Some considered him too hyper and energetic and thought something wrong with him...
His interests and abilities consisted of the magical crafts and arcane history, to even pagan magic and undead dark arts. All fascinated him. Some sciences he also liked and others bored him to sleep....Other than this, he loved to train and increase his strength and stretch to increase his agility. He also studied the art of fighting, combat to him was one of the most skilled and honorable things someone could do. He had an eye for it, as if he could understand combat styles and techniques to learn them and even, to adapt to them to create his own moves.

By the age of nearly 16 he met a girl in his small village where he grew up, the village was so small you could walk around it many times in less than a day easily, the girl seemed to like him, how bold and excited he could be, but as much as he showed her he was interested in her she only showed it in return when she felt interested enough and in the mood to... He seemed to recall one such evening on a day humans called lovers day that happened once a year, really it was just a day to sell more candles, chocolates, food and cheap wine, not that they drank wine for they was both still one to two years under age for alcohol. He was 17 by now. He did however, take her out for dinner, he wanted to take her out into the city of Zectonia that neither of them went to much, to a fancy tavern that made hot food, so he did just that. He had worked for sometime and had been saving up some money.
They travelled by carriage to get there and little did she know he had spent a good deal of the money he saved on a gift for her, a bracelet filled with jewels, blue topaz and even a few small diamonds, encrusted in shiny white silver metal. It had a small yet fine and lovely design. He would present her with it after their meal to show his love to her, what he thought was his love to another human being....how little he knew about such feelings... Anyway! Not to delay, here is how that evening played out. They ate they had a nice time he said after the night grew later, I have something for you, he presented her the gift, "it's beautiful" she said, it was all just like in one of those mushy romantic performances people went to see... He placed it around her wrist after she leaned in for him to do so, and he leaned forward to kiss her cheek, she moved back leaving him there leaned across..."What are you doing" she asked...like she was clueless. "I was going to give you a kiss, I thought" He replied. "People are watching she responded, you can kiss me at home" Ecton looked around and there was no one else there other than one love stricken couple in the far end of the establishment, who were so engrossed in each other that they did not notice anyone else. Ecton then said
"Erm, they're the only other people here and, I really don't think they give a shit by the looks of it" he calmly replied. She again said that he could kiss her when they got home, which he knew wouldn't be much of a kiss probably either as she was very timid even though there was no reason as they had been together a while now and sometimes she was fine with kissing... Besides, all he had actually tried to do was give her a single kiss on the cheek, was it too much to ask, was he not good enough to deserve that? A man such as himself who was growing up so right and being so humble in life who was a good looking young man full of youth and life. Not even a peck!...Apparently so! It as well as many other times from women or relationship prayed on his mind, like some sort of sweet devil saying yes you are good enough, actually, no I changed my mind, you can't have what you want, no matter what, even if you work for it normally, even if you try to take it forcefully, you will be lucky to get what you deserve in life. Other people will get what they want even if they are a piece of shit but you, you can't have what you want whether you deserve it or try to take it, either way the answer is fuck no! That is what it was like but to her, she was simply saying, no... Even though he had made a single night to her, magical! So, time goes on.....

At the age of 18 years of age, he had the same girlfriend whom he had been with for almost three and a half years at this point, he had somehow talked his father into paying for him to go to a training camp that happened once a year. The camps were for two weeks. It was one of the very few things his father ever did for him and, although he did pay for it he showed his son no encouragement or even asked him how it went when he returned...
Such a camp was for learning an art of fighting but one that many did not care for at this point in time, for it was not very popular, the art of wrestling, a somewhat barbaric act that some places had started to make an entertainment act for some years. The origin of wrestling dated back to the ancient times of old, from Greek and Roman and other fighting arenas. A lot more martial arts had also been mixed into the wrestling style. Ecton had trained how he could from home, with the very little weights he had and the exercises he knew. He also watched every single wrestling show he could set his eyes on from the age of about 6 years old. Not to mention martial arts shows with ninja or samurai. It all fascinated him. For those two weeks he showed off all the skills he had, as well as learnt a few things but a lot of it he already knew. In the evening time he and some of the people he met there would go out into the village of Kentosis, where the wrestling school known as HammerLock was situated, they would go and watch wrestling in the taverns and then go to the bar and eat food. Then all day they would train and go over the lessons set before them. All in all, the two weeks finished and that was it, he was back to his home life, where he had education which never succeeded to reach him on an educational level or teach him anything. Where he lived there really wasn't anything about wrestling, the school he went to for 2 weeks for wrestling was even a fair distance carriage travel away. To really get into wrestling, it was only more popular in another country called Ameristate. Very far away.

Anyway, as time went on life happened more and more, he had different jobs in different places. None that took him any closer to his dream. He went through relationships, none of which worked out and all of which gave him less and less hope that love or even effort in relationships was worth it. Oh, of course him and the other girl he was with, that all came to an end one time that he was late for meeting her, because he was out at a job interview, that she wanted him to go to! Little did he know the job would want to ask him so many questions that he would be there for much longer than expected, they even offered him the morning and the afternoon jobs but unfortunately he "the earliest horse coach would not get him there on time from where he lived and the later job hours would last long past the last horse coach to get him home" so he couldn't even accept the job! He could not notify this to that girl, it's not like there was many ways to communicate from far away at that time. So when he did speak to her, the first thing she said was "it's over you bastard" and how he kept her waiting... He knew that the real reason would of been because her mother would have shouted at her for having to wait around for me to not show up and she thought because I don't dare say a word to my mother when she lectures or shouts at me, I will just end it with Ecton, and she never even let him explain himself either, just, "that's it" and then she was off. So... Time went on. As it does for all of us.

Eventually he met someone else, and after that he met another girl through that someone else he had previously met. He even lived with her for about 1 year when he was about 20 years of age. After they broke up, he moved back in to the county he grew up in, but not to the village he grew up in. He moved, to Zectonia. As his parents didn't even offer him to go back home after things had not worked out for him, not that he would of wanted to so he found a crowded run down place to live where, little did he know, he would live from the ages of 21 - 26 years of age. Surrounded by scum the same age who knew only drugs or violence and sticking their nose into others business, or ignorant youth that had been thrown out of their parents home for being such ignorant youth, that knew only the same thing as the older scum did that I just mentioned. He hated it and felt nothing but his dark side all the time, he was constantly reminded of how the people of the world at least, most of them, did not deserve a unique person such as himself around. He would never truly lose sight of how there are good people out there too. Having said this though, he would lose a lot of faith in mankind, for they were showing that a lot of people liked what was bad and evil and cruel and stupid, and disliked what was good and kind and caring and considerate. This to him, made no sense at all, why would anyone be like this?! He found himself wondering so often.

He kept himself to himself a lot as he did not like living in the large building which housed many people. For the next ten years of his life he would have very little money, often no money what so ever. This of course meant no food, no way to get wash supplies, even things such as candles to produce light in his room was sometimes a luxury. The irony - that he felt surrounded by darkness most the time within his feelings and for the simple fact he had no way to light the room he lived in for those 5 or 6 years he lived there. He didn't really make any friends there, not that he ever found it easy to make friends like some people did. He was very picky about the people he chose to have around him. He knew his company reflected the type of person he was and if they attracted stupidity or negative attention then he had no interest in that. It was also during the beginning of this time when his father had an affair for some time and his parents, over time, separated, his father moved to a warm country called Spain'iel.

Finally he was chosen as one of 5 people to be moved into single housing accommodation, though it was very small and not what he asked for he really wanted to have a place he could call his own. So he accepted the place about one hour from the main town, in one of villages. Many things did not change, he rarely had much money still, but he at least had a little peace of mind and somewhere to call his own. Even if it was a very small place. After one year of living there, he got a kitten that some people were giving away and, he named her Miss Kitty. The rest, I thoug.... *cough* I mean, he thought to himself, was almost history. Or so it felt.