Status: finito.

Fight the Force

And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm

At the end of August, Lilly got a postcard – it was from Sarah Redding:

Dear Lilly,

Thank you for keeping in touch over email. I was going to send this over the computer too, but don’t you just miss receiving a good ole’ postcard?
I thought you might like to know that Elijah is staying with me at the moment, he came out here at the beginning of June – he told me about your breakup.
I’m not sure what I can say to help, but my boy sure does miss you.
We all miss you.

Come visit if you can,
Love Sarah Redding xxx


Lilly replied by letter, thanking Sarah for her kindness. She didn’t mention Elijah, and she didn’t say anything about how she was doing.

She sealed the envelope and kissed it.

It was her only link to Elijah now.
--

By the time the Fall came, Lilly wasn’t sure how she was supposed to feel anymore. She smiled still, and told everybody she was fine.

But each day she missed him, and each day she loved him still.

You don’t just get over somebody like Elijah Redding.

Lilly took Jude for a walk one Sunday morning, and she sat them on a bench, and together, hand in little hand, they watched the world go by.

“Lilly?” Jude said, now able to pronounce it properly.

Lilly looked to her nephew and smiled brightly: “Yes handsome?” she replied chirpily.

“Why are you sad?” he asked softly, his small lips frowning – his big eyes looking sorrowful.

“I’m not sad, Jude.” Lilly lied, but Jude kept looking at her.

“Where did Elijah go?” he asked sadly, Jude missed his friend too.

This time, Lilly couldn’t lie: “I’m not sure Jude, I’m not sure…”
♠ ♠ ♠
scouting for girls' new album? = AMAZING.