Status: finito.

Fight the Force

you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now.

Elijah never understood himself – he was too scared to call her and he was too angry with himself to do anything.

Instead, he just endured it.

He endured the lonely nights again, the lonely mornings. He was never one with emotional responses or expressed emotion – but the matter of fact was he deeply missed Lilly Edwards.

By the time it turned June, he did what sons do in desperate need – and ran to his mother.

He spent the whole summer on the ranch, trying to figure his stupid life out.

By Fall, he still hadn’t managed to work it out.

He knew though – it would only take a phone call to fix everything.

Yet the mere fear of it was enough to stop Elijah from doing it.

Paul offered Elijah a full-time job as a stable-boy, and it was that moment Elijah knew he needed to return home, so he packed up, said farewell and headed back to his shitty apartment. Some part of him hoped he’d run into Lilly. Some part of him hoped that the ‘bullshit’ he had so violently ruined that night would save him and cause fate to happen.

Elijah regretted that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Elijah's view.

Sorry to break it up so much, but I feel it's better this way, and this extends the story - it is near the end, prewarning:)