Status: Is a book I am testing out.

Alpha Genes

Jack

What happens when someone denies oneself the luxury they have longed for their entire lives? What must one do to achieve those goals when everyone else says it is forbidden? Well I don't know.

“So today class I want you guys to go home and study Queen Elizabeth I and bring me a outlining for a report you will begin tomorrow. Think through the eyes of an female queen in a monarch government, think of how it must have felt to be a queen with no husband ruling her own kingdom!” My literature teacher yelled out our home work assignments as we eagerly rushed out of the class room, our last class for the day... Thank God.

Today had gone by in a blur with teacher after teacher ranting about humans doing this, humans doing that and then to top it off the last class, literature, taught about queen Elizabeth and her achievements as a female ruler... Great way to make me feel depressed. A human even figured out how to keep what was rightfully hers, yet I, a almost royal wolf couldn't seem to take what was mine... I was weak.

Despite my violent pushes back, student after student shoved me aside in order to be one of the first to get their things out of their lockers so they could leave. None of them really spoke to me, or my brother who was most likely on his way for his stuff also. We were odd, but the few that did speak to us were the teenager wolves in out pack.. We don't really hang out with them because they quickly became suspicious of my smell, and sometimes I think most of them know.

“Vanity, hold on a sec!” A voice shouted to my right, their scent hitting me instantly, my wolf now alert and focused completely on the figure making their way towards me... Jack Sanders, the pack Beta's son.

His gigantic form was gliding his way through the crowd in my direction, his red football jersey clinging to every single muscle in his chest while his low rider guy jeans hung at his hips, giving him the sexy jock look every single one of the girls here longed for... But me.

Jack was cocky, just like his dad. They both figured out quickly I was the true alpha in my pack but they never said a word to my father... They had confronted me, and thanks to my alpha genes, one order from my lips silenced them from ever telling him.
Jack and his dad were the second largest wolves in our pack besides my dad, and well me. My wolf wasn't bulky big, but she was tall and graceful. Both Jack and his dad were a russet brown color giving them a hint of red and their eyes were always gray... They never changed from that color.

What do you need?- I sighed, annoyance was plain to see and I let my walls down, giving him access into a mind link with me. I very rarely even let someone access a link with me besides my brother, because well, when someone links into your mind, they sense the power running through your blood... You get my point.

Hold on, I need to talk to you- He asked, surprise was obvious in his tone because even he knew I very rarely aloud access into my head. My steps slowed down to tiny movements till Jack was standing right behind me and the hall way was almost completely cleared. I turned around and looked at him, expectantly, waiting for whatever was so important for him to talk to me during school.

“Well?” I demanded. My eyes narrowed and he held his hands up in a sign of peace. My growing irritation caused his posture to change from casual slouching to stiff straightened arms. He could sense the alpha in me better than even my brother because as a Beta, once he knew his authority it called to him, taunting him or drawing him to them none stop.

A Beta only has one alpha, always until the day they retire as a normal member of the pack. They will always be respected from their Beta days but the moment another alpha assumes authority, then the next Beta steps up, because there is only one beta per each alpha... Which meant since Jack was drawn to me that he was my Beta... Lucky me.

“Vanity, what's this I hear about your brother going to the Dominant camp?” He asked. His posture stayed the same as he waited, unaware of his respectful positioning to me. My wolf approved of Jack on another level, higher then just a Beta, but I didn't find him attractive in the least.

Be wild, I stared at him waiting for further explanation on the matter and he sighed. “Is your brother being sent to the dominant camp, the camp for future alphas?” My worry from yesterday was still nagging at me from the back of my mind no matter how hard I tried to shove it away... Sam would not survive at that camp if I didn't make some more progress on him soon.

“Yeah, that's why I've upped his training to every morning before and after school. We'll be focusing on defensive strategies and keeping an alpha attitude,” I confirmed what I noticed to be his and I's fear. We both didn't want him to be thrown to a pack of wolves... Literally.

“God, Vanity you know he's not going to stand a chance even with your survival skills. His scent will give him away immediately! You need to tell your parents soon because even you can't deny he will be killed,” Jack pleaded with me to understand, and for the most part I did, but I would not let my brother be shoved down to the bottom of the food chain in our pack... So I have to stay here.

My wolf pranced at my borders of control, urging me to let her loose and silence our Beta who questioned my judgment. She wanted to be set free to take power over him.
“Hold on a sec,” I muttered, and my eye lids instantly closed, and my focus revolved around calming myself.
Breathe in, breathe out. Slowly, I focused on my breathing, calming the animal in me and protecting the future beta from a punishment even I frowned upon.

You okay vanity?- Jack asked, nervously, entering the link without my consent. No!
My eyes popped open, and zeroed in on the male standing in front of me. My wolf eyes stared right into his as my synthesizers grew, pricking my bottom lip as I let out a low growl.
“Don't you ever! Enter my mind without permission again! As for my brother, don't you think I am worried enough about him as it is? If I needed your help, then I would ask for it!” I seethed. My wolf was begging me to pounce, and make him submit like my brother does every day.

My body was shaking, fur was springing out of the top of my hands despite my protest.
“No,” I fought, determined to hold control.
Retreat now- I ordered myself. My eyes closed again but I couldn't stop the change much longer. I was furious, frustrated and just plain pissed off.

“Vannie, you okay?”a familiar voice spoke up, suddenly directly behind me, calming me once again.
My shoulders relaxed and the change reversed, sending me back to complete human form before anyone noticed a gigantic wolf running down the halls.
With a nervous shake of my head, I opened my eyes and turned to my brother, who was leaning against my locker, eying me worriedly.
“I'm fine Sammy, let's go home and get some more work out in before dinner,” I smiled, silently praying he didn't see the fakeness lining my lips. He eyed me once more before turning to Jack and grinning full on.

“Jack! Man you should come practice with us, I need to spar with someone other than my sis for once. She a really good teacher and all but she has the scariest freaking scent in the entire pack,” He winked at me in mischief and I growled. Jack glanced over at me, chuckling before nodding back at Sam.
“I'd love to man, what time?”
Sam's posture perked up, and he grinned ear to ear. “Just head over to our house and you should stay for dinner al-”
“No Sammy. He can come and leave,” I struck that bird down before it even left his nest. No way is Jack staying for dinner.

Sam's smile disappeared instantly and he turned to me with a pouty expression. “Please Vannie, please, please, please!” Sam begged, and fell to his knees in mocking requests.
My eyes widened in anger but I merely turned my back to them and stomped off.
He's getting stronger- I thought to myself, rather pleased but worried at the same time. He had no issues requesting permission again after I'd already told him no, maybe he can do this....
___________________________________________________________________________________

“Harder Sam! Hit him harder!” I urged. Sam was in his wolf form being circled by Jack's red wolf waiting to pounce. Sam was pushing his boundaries, testing the wolfs limits as to how far he could walk. That's what an alpha's suppose to do, push and shove at the cage. We are not meant to be locked up.

Jack was watching Sam's every move, waiting for the surprise attack but Sam wouldn't move besides jumping around.

Move Sam, move!- I insisted. His ears straightened up at my order and he leaped, high and fast... But Jack was ready for it. He pounced from his previous position and swung back around, landing on Sam who cowered beneath him in fear. He growled at Sam, causing him to roll on his tummy in submission before he leaned down, ready to bite to show he had won.
My wolf suddenly snapped.

Omega is in danger!- My wolf screamed and I moved, not thinking. My wolf tore through my skin within seconds and rushed at Jack who was startled to see me charge. My lips drew up, baring my teeth at him while he started to back away, worried and also noticing the power dripping from my wolf.
I watched as my wolf lunged, attacking her Beta for his violence against her omega and causing Jack to roll over on his tummy in submission.

I stood over him now, tall and content with him staring up at me with aw and wonder. I had never shown him nor his father more than a glimpse of my wolf. Sam and I always ran at the back of the pack when running during the full moon.

My eyes met Jack's as he lade beneath me, barring his stomach to my wolf. Without hesitation, I knelt down and grasped the nap of his neck between my teeth in a sign of control. His fur was suddenly warm in my mouth and I felt something wet touch my ear. Startled I pulled back to see Jack's long speckled tongue lapping at my ear.

You are amazing Vanity- Jack spoke up before I felt something hard tough my stomach.
My eyes rolled down and saw Jack's... Um unmentionable hardened and touching my stomach... What did I do?!
Shocked, I barked and leaped away while Jack's eyes stayed on my wolf, lust completely drowning in them. I adverted my eyes away from his, um doggy parts and turned to my brother who was gawking at me.

What was that all about Vannie? Why'd you step in?- He wined, slightly happy though to see me defend him. Not answering him, I turned away.
“I am going to go get some clothes on, but Vanity, I need to speak to you soon. As for your brother, he is getting better but there is no way he will be able to stand a chance at that camp,” Jack human voice spoke up and my eyes snapped to him, where he stood completely human in front of us.... Also NUDE!
A growl rumbled deep in my chest and within seconds I snapped my gaze in the opposite direction of him.

Jack laughed at my nervousness before turning and walking away, completely mooning us.
My wolf turned and rushed towards another pile of our clothes, eager to change as our stomach growled, needing of some food.

My clothes were hidden well from others view inside a tree hole where I kept multiple sets of clothing because, well I tend to ruin clothes rather fast even for a wolf. I settles on a black sports bra, black shorts and a green tank top that would hopefully last longer then five minutes. I liked this shirt.
“Do you think I am doing okay with training?” Sam's voice shouted out to me from our safety zone, where we both agreed to wait for the other after done changing. It was the clearing where we train, but next to the bush in which I tend to hide a lot.

“Sam you're doing great! We just need to keep working on it because these are alpha's, they will be very brutal,” I assured him, yet even I heard the doubt in my own voice. The forest was silent for a few moments, vacant of his voice and a lump began to build up in my throat, and I wished with all my heart I could make him feel better, but even I knew this was out of my hands.

“I'm not going to that camp Vanity,” Sam announced. His human figure came into view as I entered the clearing, confused by his tone. He was in a pair of gray basket ball shorts, slouching against a nearby tree. He looked straight at me, waiting and I groaned.

“What do you mean Sam? Of course you are!” I insisted. He shoved of the tree and his posture changed from slacking, to nervous, pacing back and forth while glancing at me. He paused and a slight wine escaped his lips. “Vannie, I can't go to a camp for alpha's! I'll be ripped to shreds once they sense the omega in me!” Sam exclaimed, my wolf snarled at the thought of another alpha doing anything to a member of my pack, but I merely shook my head and scowled. My mind was running a million miles an hour. Confusion, anger, sadness and panic were all hitting me at once and my wolf wanted to rip it all to shreds and show them who was in charge, but as always... I couldn't.

“I promise you I won't let anything happen to you. As long as I live I will protect you,” I insisted, calming his wolf but irritation quickly showed on his face as his eye brows furrowed together, his canine teeth lengthened and his nostrils flared.

“I'm not a baby you know. Just because I'm an omega doesn't mean you have to treat me like a child. Vanity, you need to face it and realize you're the true alpha here. I will never grow to be as powerful as you no matter how hard you try. The more you force me to, the more you are becoming just like them... Our parents who won't even look at you because of the fear of breaking tradition. Do you really want to be like that?” Sam yelled, his anger was rising with every word he spoke, and my wolf was crying out to comfort the pack, yet she also wanted to show him his place... So she did.

My wolf tore through my skin, yellow fur covering my body, my fingers changed to paws, as did my toes and my body morphed into the gracefully wolf I was always meant to be. A howl rumbled in my chest directly at Sam, who was now shifted in front of me, cowering on his stomach in submission. His eyes were directed at the ground but his tongue was rolled out happily.

Don't you see Vannie? You have more power then even dad. When he shifts all I want to do his crouch down... I never roll over like this for him like I do every single time you shift. You radiate power with every move you and your wolf make. It's time you realize that I can never take your place.. It was always meant for you. I'm not going to that camp at all... You are. We're going to make sure of it because you're going to show those alpha's whose boss.-

My wolf was confused, yet happy to be told she was going to get her place, but I groaned low, not wanting to get my hopes up. How the hell am I suppose to just walk into a camp meant for guy alpha's and not get noticed!-

“I think I can help with that.”
Jacked walked into the clearing, plan written all over his face.... Well crap. This can't be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go:) More comments, means more updates!:) Sorry it tooks so long, I forgot where I was going with this but I remembered my plot! I got my game back baby!