Young Severus

Explaining

2 weeks later and I saw them again in the park “Lily mum said I had to go home at 6 so you better come with me then. Look there’s some people from school lets go play with them” the sister stated “I want to play over here though” “Well I’m going over there to them, we’re going to the meadow so you best stay here until I get back” she warned before running off with the other older girls.

I watched as Lily played on the swings for a bit before she wandered over and I tried to act like I didn’t know she was there “Severus, remember me. Lily?” she asked and I nodded making her smiled “I looked for you before but you’ve not been here” “Oh I had work to do,” I admitted.

“But it’s the holidays” “Yeah but mum teaches me doesn’t she” I replied and she nodded. “Want to play on the swings?” “Okay” I stated following her. “Remember last time when you said Hogwarts? My parents say there’s no school called that around here” she said swinging her legs to get moving. “Oh it’s not here, it’s miles away, you have to get a train,” I answered and she looked at me.

“That sounds cool! What’s quidditch? My daddy hadn’t head of it and he loves sort?” she asked. “Oh it’s good” “How’d you play it?” “The keeper stops people scoring in the 3 hoops, chasers pass the quaffle and try to score, and beaters protect the team from the bludgers. Bludgers are balls that try to hurt you and then the seeker tries to catch the snitch which is a tiny golden ball” I explained “Can we play it?” she said and I shook my head “You need broomsticks” “Why?” she asked puzzled “To ride on” I stated and she just nodded.

“Severus you’re strange” “No I’m not!” I defended, “But you can’t ride brooms” “Maybe you can’t but I can” I replied and she just nodded humouring me. “How old are you?” she said swinging higher and higher “9, I’m 10 next month “I’m 10 already, only this month though. 3 weeks ago” she stated proudly.

“So are your family muggles?” I asked “Muggles?” she repeated, “What do they do for work?” I said. “Mum’s a nurse and dad’s working at the bank” “What at Gringotts?” I asked and she looked at me. “Does your dad work at Gringotts bank?” she shook her head “Your mum at St. Mungo’s?” “Nope, at the one in the village. Yours?” she answered.

“Oh mum teaches me and dad works for the ministry” I said “Ministry?” “They’re in charge” I added and she nodded jumping off as she swung up and as she was about to hit the floor she seemed to move in slow motion before landing softly and my eyes widened. She saw me “Oh no, don’t tell my sister. She says I shouldn’t do that, I have to go” she rushed, “Lily wait look!” I shouted grabbing dandelion and crushing it in my hand “That’s mean” she snapped “Wait” I said blowing on my palm as I opened my hand and bright yellow flies buzzed out my hand, “How’s you do that?” she asked looking amazed.

“It’s the only thing I can do if I try but I do plenty by accident” I explained, “You ever do things you don’t mean to?” I asked her and she nodded slowly “That on the swings, I set fire to some homework I couldn’t do once but it was from nowhere” she explained. “So you are like me! It’s normally too stuff like that as a kid, when they train you you’ll learn to do things” I admitted, “What do you mean?” “At school they’ll train you” I said and she cocked her head “Like you? How am I like you?” “Well I’m a wizard and you’re a witch” “Don’t make fun go me” she shouted running off and I chased after her.

“Lily I’m not, I’m serious! I’m a wizard that’s why I’m going to Hogwarts, to learn to do things. You’ll get a letter too when you’re 11” I said “Prove it” she stated and I looked at her “I could bring you one of my dad’s old books, from when he went to school” I offered and she shrugged “So we’re magical?” “Yeah we are and when we both get to school we’ll meet loads of people like us” “Both? What about Petunia? She’s already at bug school” she asked.

“Oh she’s a muggle” “What?” she said “Muggle, it’s a term magical people use for non-magical people. Like you, your from a muggle family” I explained. “So your family’s all magical?” “Yeah! My mums a witch and my dads a wizard. They both went to Hogwarts, I can’t wait to go,” I said and she smiled, “Tell me about it?” she stated so we sat in the sun talking about Hogwarts.