Status: Please leave feedback.

Halloween Mystery

Arrival

At 6:00 AM I could hear the constant beeping of my alarm clock slowly growing louder, with a sleepy motion I lifted my hand and hit the 'off' button to stop the rather aggravating sound from continuing. I slipped out of bed and realized that I had slept in the same thing I took a drive in, something I had forgot. However, I didn't forget the joyful, yet overwhelming news that Thomas would be arriving today, the simple thought made my heart beat loudly in my chest. The aroma of my Dad's pancakes emerged from the downstairs and drifted into the crack of my door, slowly making my way downstairs and gave him a good morning hug. I had always loved my father's pancakes, every time he made them they came out golden brown and he added whipped cream, syrup and a cherry to everyone so we often called them 'Pancake Sundaes'. On this particular morning he replaced the cherry with two candy corn peices, since he knew Halloween was my favorite holiday and that his pancakes were my favorite food, I thanked him for this and then practically devoured the two pancakes he had given me. Placing my dishes in the sink I washed them and then got ready for school, something I personally thought shouldn't exist on such a unique holiday as Halloween.

As I got dressed in my room I noticed a small little peice of paper stuffed between the floorboards, something I would have noticed this morning, the sight confused me and caused me to become slightly worried about how the paper even made its apperance. Only a very small peice of a tattered corner was peaking out through the boards, I grabbed my tweesers and gently tugged on it as I tried not to damage the note any more than it had already been. It slipped out of the threshold and I quickly began to unfold it, curiousity taking control of me once again as it finally became a clear message. The peice of aged paper was a clip out of a 1986 newspaper, consisting of the information of both a murder and a missing child. According to the paper the deceased body was found only two blocks away from my home and the child had last been seen at what used to be her house, but was now mine.

Of course, this spooked me and I believe it would do the same to any other human, it wasn't every day you found an anomoynus note stuffed into your floorboards, and definetely not one that came from the late 90's. Although the oddity more than likey should've affected my mood, I stayed joyful and anxious for school to be over and I could go pick up Thomas from the airport. Picking up my phone I noticed the tex symbol along my notification bar, dragging it down I saw it was Thomas' early morning message he always sent me, telling me 'Good morning. Did you sleep well?', I replied with a yes and told him morning. It was then I realized I would at least have something intresting to tell him once he arrived.

Quickly packing up my bag with my school books and cutting my phone on silent, stuffing it into my bag, I made my way outside and into my car. I was soon driving down the road, the clock along my dash board reading 7:00, I still had twenty minutes to get to school. Once I arrived in the parking lot, I ran into yet another strange apperance. Instead of the usual crowd of cars that occupied the lot, I was the only vehicle on the whole campus, I didn't see any students either and this confused me greatly. Remaining in the car, after I had parked it in one of the spaces, I turned on the heater to keep the cold wind from coming into my vehicle. Around 7:15 cars finally began to invade the silence, I stepped out of my car and grabbed my materials, rushing into the now unlocked building and I kneew it was obvious soemthing was going on in the town and something odd too.

School passed by in blurry scenes and silence, I only had one friend that I got along with well in the whole school. She was my best friend, oor atleast halfway there because Thomas was my only true best friend, but she was right on his tail. Her name was Alice and she was absoulutely stunning, blonde hair, lean frame, tall and blue eyes; so many times I had wondered why Thomas chose me over her. Alice walked with me to the lot and we talked on the way there and she said she would have to text me so we could find something to do, something of which I agreed with. After she left I slid into my car and drove to the airport, I walked inside and saw Thomas instantly and we both greeted each other with a hug and then a kiss. We had only kissed twice before and it felt nice to feel his soft, warm lips against mine again.

"I missed you so much!" He exclaimed, smiling at me warmly.

"I missed you too! How about we go ahead and start heading to the house and we can talk on the way?" I asked him, anxious to get where we could be as sappy as we wanted and he apparently agreed. He insisted on carrying his bags although I offered numerous times, but he eventually gave me one of them, the smallest of them and we placed them in the trunk and began to ride back to my house.