‹ Prequel: Forever Hold My Heart

This Ends Now.

Over Dramatic

Shortly after I made it to one of the walls the gunshots had stopped.
“We’re right behind you,” I glanced back to see Jeremiah and Hunter following me, behind them I could see Travis.
“let- o now” I heard the royal scream and I only ran faster
“They have her,” Hunter told me and I saw Bryson holding a girl from around her waist as she thrashed to get free. I was about 3 feet away when she got loose and shot my foot. I let out a cry. I pulled out my gun and shot her hand causing her to drop her gun. I felt the pain she felt. It was her, I almost froze in my tracks she was the spitting image of me. I tackled her down and she fell onto her stomach. I quickly tossed aside all of her guns. I grabbed her elbows and pulled them back so that they were practically touching.
“You fucking bitch! Get off of me!” She started to scream she let out a sob as I sank my knee into her back. She was crying, “I hate you, you’re dead to me Katelyn.”
“Oh gee it’s nice to meet you too, Amelia,” I said pulling her elbows closer together, “By the way thanks for my gift,”
I was referring to her package that she sent with my finger. I almost felt bad when she stopped struggling and just cried defeated.
“So I can’t just hold her like this forever,” I said looking up at the guys.
“Oliver is coming with a shot to put her to sleep,” Hunter said and I nodded.
“You want me to hold her down? Jeremiah asked
“I got her for now,” I said and he nodded. We stayed there in silence I looked at Amelia, she reminded me of a younger version of myself. The only real difference that I saw was that she had a lighter hair color than myself, but I could see the roots of her natural hair growing out. If she wouldn't have dyed it people would probably think we were twins. It was almost scary looking at her, it was like looking in the mirror just a few years back.
I looked up and saw Oliver making his way over with a bag. He started to pull out a syringe and a small little bottle. I gripped Amelia harder just to make sure that she didn’t get free. I watched as he injected her arm she kept crying and eventually her cries turned into whimpers and I felt her arms go limp. I dug my nail into her arm just to make sure she wasn’t trying to fake anything. I sighed as I got up.
“Good job guys,” I said and they nodded. Jeremiah picked up Amelia, we just stood there for a moment.
“She looks exactly like you,” Jeremiah said
“I know,” I said as I limped over to Oliver because he was the closest one to me. “and I never fail to get shot.”
“Look at the bright side.” Hunter said holding up my gun. I thought I had lost it a couple months ago. I perked up and tried to hurry to his side but just winced as I took a step with my bad foot.
“You shouldn’t be walking on that,” Travis said as he lifted me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck
“Thank you,” I said and he smiled at me.
“Make sure someone get’s that bullet out of her hand before it heals,” Travis said referring to Amelia.
“Alright,” Hunter said handing me my gun.
“You guys go, we’ll handle this,” I said pointing at all the guns, I had stripped from Amelia.
“No we got it,” Bryson said picking up the guns. “You should go get some rest.”
“See you guys,” I said as Travis began to carry me back to the house. He walked with me in his arms. I stayed quiet enjoying his company, but I couldn’t help thinking about my sister. She had to be about 14 maybe even 15. That meant that I was about 4 or 5 when she was born. I would have remembered something like that, unless she was only my half sister.
“Stop worrying so much,” Travis said and I looked up at him. “Everything is going to be okay.”
“What do you think is going to happen to her?” I asked
“Well she might just be placed in a detainment cell, she might be put at camp, or at a royals house. Then again at this rate I don’t think the last one is even an option.” Travis said as he jumped over the walls into the yard of the house.
“If she is put at camp I want nothing to do with that brat,” I said and he laughed.
“The key to the ones that are giving you trouble is to be aggressive.” Travis said and I thought about it.
“Hey is that why Mathew and Devin were so mean, I mean, when I first met them.” I said
“They were just doing their job,” He said
“Yeah a bat to my face is really getting the job done,” I said and he shook his head
“You threw it first,” Travis said and I gave a slight nod
“Okay you have a point,” I said
“Plus you can be pretty aggressive too.” He said and I raised my eyebrow. “If I recall you shot a student in the foot just to prove a point.”
“Alright, alright. You’re right,” I said and he smiled. “Don’t let it go to your head.”
I kissed him on his cheek.
“Well my head is pretty big because I was the lucky one that got you,” He said and I smiled.
“You are so cheesy but I love it,” I said and I gave him a quick peck. As we got closer to the house I took in the damage to Travis’s car. “I’m glad that we took your car.”
“Well for now you’re going to have to share your car with me,” He said
“That won’t be a problem seeing as we live together now,” I said as the events from earlier came rolling in. “I can’t wait to tell the guys.”
“Don’t forget the reason why we came here.” Travis said as he walked through the doors.
“Right but I think I should talk to Gavin before Cecilia tells him,” I said
“Why so you can talk about yourself first,” Travis said
“No, I just want to see how he’s doing before,” I said
“Okay but not before we fix up this foot before you go into shock or something.” Travis said as we walked into a room setting me down on the bathroom counter. He pulled out a kit and gave me a small smile.
“You know the drill,” Travis said and I lifted my foot to give him better access.
“Katelyn!” I could hear Gavin calling my name.
“I’m over her-OW!” I yelled as Travis pulled off my shoe.
“I’m sorry,” He said as he leaned his forehead against mine.
“Hey are you alright-” Gavin started to say from the doorway. “You should really get some rest so you can heal.”
“I’ll be fine,” I said as Travis went to remove the bullet from my foot. “Plus I wanted to spend some time with my buddy.”
“Oh good because I wanted to talk to you,” Gavin said and I nodded. “Well I guess I trust Travis too.”
“That’s nice, so what did you want to talk about?” I asked him
“Don’t move,” Travis told me.
“I was thinking about breaking up with Cecilia.” Gavin said and it caused Travis to stab into my wound and I hissed.
“Sorry,” Travis said and I didn’t know what to say.
“Why do you want to break up with her?” Travis asked
“She’s been acting different and I don’t know,” He said leaning against the door frame. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. Gavin was going to break up with the girl who could possibly be carrying his child. Then again maybe this was for the better.
“Hey Gavin can you help me out with something real quick,” I heard Julian say
“Yeah sure,” Gavin told him, “We’ll finish this discussion later.”
I nodded as Gavin left, I let out a sigh. Travis was now wrapping my foot.
“So what do you think?” I asked him
“I think that you should let them resolve this and not get so involved,” He said
“I guess but Cecilia asked me to be there when she breaks the news to Gavin,” I said and he nodded.
“I just don’t want you to be caught in problems that you have no control over,” Travis said. He had placed his hands on my hips and leaned in close. I gave him a small smile and leaned my forehead against his.
“I won’t get caught up, I promise.” I said he lightly brushed his fingers up and down my arm, chills ran down my spine. Regardless of what was going on he always made me feel at peace.
“Damien is with Cecilia, he’s says they’re waiting for you and Gavin. I’ll tell Julian to tell him to go meet up with you.” Travis said
“Thank you,” I said and I put my arms around his neck.
“Come on,” He said picking me up from under my thighs and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I rested my head on his shoulder, I smiled and I pressed my lips to his neck. I gave him soft kisses, his grip on my thighs tightened.
“Katelyn,” He said firmly
“Travis,” I whispered in his ear
“Must I remind you that we’re in a house full of your former teammates,” Travis said and I playfully bit his collarbone. His grip loosened a bit
“You better not drop me,” I said
“You’re making it rather difficult,” Travis said
“Okay I’ll stop for your sake,” I said
“Maybe later,” He said and I laughed
“We’ll see,” I said as we entered Cecilia’s room. He place me down onto her bed.
“I’ll be out in the hallway,” Travis said and I gave him a kiss before he left. I sat there in silence, Damien was leaning against Cecilia’s vanity and Cecilia was on her bed with her back against the headboard.
I watched as Cecilia chewed on the her fingernails and rested another hand on her stomach.
“Hey,” Gavin said as he walked in. I gave him a small smile. “So what’s up?”
“Gavin I need to talk to you,” Cecilia said patting a spot on the bed.
“What’s on your mind,” He said
“Well I-” She started crying I looked and Damien he was just looking down.
“What’s wrong?” Gavin said running a hand up and down her back.
“Gavin I’m pregnant,” She said between sobs. I watched as he froze, I knew what he was thinking. He wanted to break up with her but how could he when she was going to be the mother of his child. I really didn’t want to know what he would be thinking when Cecilia tells him that the kid might not be his.
“It’s okay, everything is going to be fine. We can get through this together” Gavin said and I could see the doubt in his eyes. He pulled her closer to him and wrapped his arms around her. She mumbled something and I already knew what it was.
“Gavin there’s something else,” She said more clearly
“What is it?” Gavin asked
“There’s a chance,” She sniffed, “I’m so sorry.”
I watched as she broke down again. In a sense I didn’t know if I wanted to feel sorry for her or just say what comes around goes around. I kind of didn’t care about the whole affair that happened because I had Travis. He was everything that I needed and I was okay with that.
“Cecilia you shouldn’t get yourself so worked up, it can’t be good for the baby,” Gavin said
“There’s a chance that-” She tried to say again but she couldn’t pull herself together.
“There’s a chance the baby is mine,” Damien said, Gavin pulled away from Cecilia, the look on his face gave away just how mad he was.
“Is this true?” He asked Cecilia and she gave a small nod. “Wow I don’t even know why I’m surprised.”
Gavin said as he got up.
“I mean you so easily came onto me when you knew I was with Katelyn,” Gavin said and I could see hurt in his eyes but it was quickly replaced with anger. “How is this going to work if I am the father. The kid is going to be confused to see his mom with a different guy every other month.”
“That’s enough,” Damien said now standing between Cecilia and Gavin. I stood up too, I didn’t want them to break out in a fight. It wouldn’t be a fair fight at all.
“I thought we were friends,” Gavin said and I saw him clench his fist. “But hey if you like sloppy seconds.”
“You better watch what you say,” Damien said taking a step closer.
“Okay that’s enough,” I said limping my way in between them. “What’s done is done and you both need to be mature about this and not fight.”
“Cecilia if the baby turns out to be mine, please know I will be apart of their life. I just don’t want to be with you anymore, not that you’re interested in me anyways,” Gavin said giving Damien a dirty look. “You stay away from me.”
Gavin then walked out and it was quiet except for Cecilia’s crying. I took a step towards her, but Damien put his hand on my shoulder.
“I got it, you should go and get some rest.” Damien said and I nodded
“You ready?” Travis asked in the doorway.
“Yeah,” I said and he stood next to me and I used his shoulder like it was my crutch. We walked out of the room and took five steps before he picked me up.
“l would let you go talk to Gavin but we kind of have to get going” Travis said
“It’s okay I understand.” I said.
He brought me into the living room where we were greeted by Eddie and Austin.
“I’m going to make a phone call I’ll be back.” Travis said and I rested my head on Eddie’s arm.
“Long day?” Eddie asked
“That would be an understatement,” I said closing my eyes.
“When the whole thing is over remind me to slap Damien,” I said and he chuckled
“So are you going to head back to camp and rest?” Blake asked as he entered the room and then I remembered about Travis’ and I’s new home. I sat up and smiled.
“Nope,” I said
“Your mood changed rather quickly,” Austin said
“If you’re not going to heal at camp then...” Eddie trailed off in thought “Where did they move you?”
“More like we,” I said looking back towards where Travis had left.
“I’m not catching on,” Blake said raising his eyebrow.
“Travis and I are going to be living together, in our own home,” I said
“Congrats,” Eddie said giving me a side hug.
“Oh before I forget, Nikki wanted to know if you and Travis would be able to meet for the whole magazine thing,” Austin said. Nikki was Adrian’s royal
“Yeah just give her my number and then she can call me.” I said
“Clarence is on his way,” Travis said as he walked back into the room.
“Your favorite person,” Blake said and I just shook my head.
“Its whatevers honestly,” I said

Once Clarence arrived he was more quiet than usual. The ride to the house was pretty silent. I usually would pry but I could tell now probably wasn’t the time. When we got to the house Clarence pulled out a folder and handed it to me.
“What’s this?” I asked
“Your assignment, you can’t share it with anyone.” Clarence said and he looked at Travis
“Not even with Travis.” He added. I looked at Travis.
“It’s okay I can respect that,” Travis said as he helped me out of the car.
“Read the folder, I’ll be by later on tonight to pick you up.” Clarence said and I nodded. Clarence left us there and I just exchanged a look with Travis.
“That was weird,” I said
“Yeah it was,” Travis said and he took me inside the house. He placed me on our bed and left me to look through the folder. I read the folder and furrowed my eyebrows. My new assignment required that I leave Alius and head back to the other side to help track down a royal. This meant that I would be working with one of the board members, the one with the specialty of connecting with a royal. I was confused as to why out of all people would they chose me, I know I’ve done some pretty high ranked assignments but even this was something shocking to me. Reading further down the folder I found the reason as to why I was being assigned to this.
It mentioned that in the process of retrieving the royal, it might cause me to have a connection. Retrieving was just a nice word for kidnapping, not much was known about the royal on the contrary the only thing that was listed was that this person was a royal. The file listed that the duration depended on how long it took to locate the royal.
I internally groaned, I didn’t want to leave. I read in the folder that I could tell people that I was leaving but I wasn’t allowed to say with who, even though it was just with one other person. I called Clarence shortly after reading the rest of the folder.
“Hello,” He answered
“I can’t sleep without Travis,” I said
“The board is completely aware, you’ll just have to do your best.” Clarence said, he sounded tired. “Get some rest, you need to heal up your foot.”
“Okay and maybe you should get some rest yourself,” I said and I could hear him yawning.
“Don’t worry about me,” He said and he hung up. I slipped the folder under the bed and got under the blankets.
“Travis, come here,” I called out to him
“Yes,” He said as he walked to the doorway of our room. I smiled and patted the spot next to me. “As tempting as that is, I really should be getting back to camp.”
“No, I’m going to be leaving soon. I don’t know for how long either so come spend the rest of my time here with me,” I said and he creased his eyebrows together.
“You really don’t know for how long,” He said a he took his shoes off
“No,” I said and he pulled the blanket up and got underneath as he laid on his side to face me.
“I know I’m not supposed to know anything but I’m not going,” He said and I gave him a weak smile.
“I know. They’re completely aware that I won’t be getting proper rest,” I said and he laced his fingers with mine.
“We’ll continue this chat on the other side,” He said and I broke the hold of our hands. I brought my hand and rested it on his cheek. I furrowed my eyebrows as I traced his bottom lip with my thumb. Regardless of what happened in the dream world it couldn’t compare to the actual physical contact of being awake. He kissed my thumb, I then caressed his jawline with the back of my fingers. He placed his hand on my side, gently pulling me closer to him.
I made eye contact, I didn’t want to look away from his beautiful blue eyes.
“I don’t want to go,” I whispered
“Let’s just relish this moment,” He said and he closed the distance and kissed me. My eyes fluttered closed as I kissed him back. Our lips moved together so naturally, I never wanted it to end. My lips parted as we pulled apart for air, our lips lingered just barely touching. Every time he exhaled he sent a new wave of chills down my body. This time I held his face as I kissed him, unlike the kiss before this one was filled with more want. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I took the liberty to tangle my legs with his. I almost cursed, when my wounded foot made contact with his leg. Even then I didn’t want to stop but Travis pulled away because I had winced when it happened.
“Are you okay?” He asked lifting the comforter to look at my foot.
“Yeah,” I said and he raised his eyebrow, “Really, I’m okay”
I hid my face in his neck, brushing my nose against his warm skin.
“See you in a few,” I said as I closed my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me again and I heard him sigh as we welcomed sleep, like always.
♠ ♠ ♠
*peeks head from around the corner* Hi! I know I've been gone for what seems like 15 years but here you go. Don't kill me! I just turned 19 today YAY! So my birthday present to myself is this chapter to you guys? If that makes sense, so enjoy! *runs*