‹ Prequel: Forever Hold My Heart

This Ends Now.

Breaking Character

After our nap Travis helped me pack, he didn’t have to but who was I to complain. Afterall I didn’t want to see him go, but Clarence called and made it clear that Travis had to leave back to camp before Clarence picked me up. It made sense because shortly after Travis left there was a knock on the door and it wasn’t Clarence it was a different man. I had recognized him from the custos meetings.
“Are you ready?” He said I recognized his voice, he was the board member that I always described to have more of a nasally voice.
“Yes,” I said letting him come in. I don’t know what I was expecting. Of course I knew it could have been anyone, but I had seen him a couple times before being so natural, that it was throwing me off. “So you’re the one I’m going with.”
I was a little hesitant in asking only because I was just making assumptions that this was the board member.
“I’m Vane,” He said holding out his hand and I shook it. Vane was like most guardians with a shaved haircut. He had had dark brown eyes with deep bags under his eyes.
“Well its nice to finally meet you,” I said and he helped me with my bag. I had to pack light but at the same time we didn’t know how long we would be out. I had a back pack and one suitcase.
“So you read all the details in the folder right?” Vane asked
“Pretty much,” I said
“Okay then we’re set.” He said and we got into his car.

5 weeks later
It took us more than a month to locate this guy. It turns out that he used to live in California but then he moved to the UK. It was hell figuring out that he wasn’t living in the US. We literally drove from California to Maine. We had to stop often because as time went Vane grew weaker and weaker. So he needed more sleep to try and regenerate. We just took a wild guess and flew out to Paris, France. Although we did more traveling we eventually found him.
Roberto, the royal, had agreed to go back with us as long as we gave him a week to say good bye and settle his affairs. I was almost tempted to throw him on the next plane out because I wanted to go home already but Vane agreed. Somehow one week turned into two, only because Vane felt sorry for the guy.
I was currently giving Clarence my half of the report but really I was just anxious to getting back to camp.
“Then after you got back from the UK you travelled straight here?” Clarence asked his office was neater and he looked more rested.
“For the last time yes,” I said
“Alright before you go there’s something you should know,” He said and I raised my eyebrow.
“What?” I asked
“Just so you can have a heads up, Amelia has been placed at camp. She’s been there for about 3 weeks now.” Clarence said
“Oh okay,” I said not even caring about her. “Can I go now?”
He rolled his eyes as he handed me the keys to the car.
“Just wanted to let you know, I’ve heard she’s a tough cookie to crack.” Clarence said and he mumbled something else.
“What was that last part?” I asked knowing it had to do with me.
“Oh nothing just to have fun and run along now,” He said motioning for me to leave.
“That’s what I thought,” I said twirling the keys in my hands. “See you whenever.”

Before I drove off to camp I dropped some things off at the house. Even though I was on an assignment, that didn’t stop me from getting some touristy things for Travis. Most of them were from Paris, I think it was because a part of me was definitely excited to be able to say that I got to see the eiffel tower in person.
When I finally drove up to camp I was excited, I just wanted to see Travis. I couldn’t wait any longer. I walked through the gates, I took in a deep breathe. Everything was just how I left it, not that it mattered.
I hurried over to the building and to Mathews office.
“Honey I’m home!” I yelled as I entered the hallway. Shortly after Mathews office door opened and he looked at me.
“Thank God,” he said and l furrowed my eyebrows. “You’re our only hope.”
“Only hope?” I asked as I was about to sit down but he grabbed me by my elbow and pulled me out of his office.
“We haven’t accomplished anything with her, she’s hell.” Mathew said and I already knew who he was talking about.
“You guys haven’t tried knocking her out with a lamp and throwing a bat at her, right?” I smiled.
“Joke all you want but we’ve all agreed she’s going to be your student.” Mathew said
“Oh no you don’t,” I said stopping in the middle of the hallway. “This past month has really worn me out. I haven’t gotten a proper rest and I’m kind of grouchy. I just wanted to come home to a warm welcoming and great sleep.”
Mathew just looked at me as he thought about it.
“Okay let’s make a deal, I give Travis the rest of the day off and you go get a good rest but when you return she’s all yours.” Mathew said
“She can’t possibly be that bad,” I said
“We just don’t know what to do with her anymore.” Mathew said
“I mean what is she doing?” I asked
“Nothing,” He said
“Oh she’s being defiant?” I asked
“We’ve been trying to get her to do some tests, like the ones you did and she just won’t do anything. One time Devin tried to make her do stuff and after she wouldn’t eat or anything. I don’t know what to do, we obviously don’t want to have to do any type of negative reinforcement but we don’t really know how to ensue positive reinforcement.” Mathew said
“Well what kind of stuff did Devin try to make her do?” I asked
“He threw her into the pool, only to discover she can’t swim.” Mathew said and I shook my head.
“Have you guys tried talking to her?” I asked. It was obvious she wasn’t going to do anything anyone asked her. If anything, someone was going to have to get through her walls and befriend her.
“Travis has but she just stares at him.” Mathew said
“What about putting her on a team?” I asked
“Well we don’t want to do that just yet,” Mathew said and I gave a small nod.
“Alright well tomorrow I’ll see what I can do,” I said
“Travis is just around the corner,” Mathew said and I saw him as he jogged around the corner into view. I gave him a smile as I ran and met him halfway. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me up. I never broke eye contact and my smile never faltered
“Hello beautiful,” He said and I gave him a kiss. I missed the feel of his lips against mine. I missed how good it felt, how his lips moved just right. He always brought me joy, I could feel it from head to toe. I was so caught up in the moment I forgot where we were.
“I know you guys haven’t seen each other in awhile but save it for closed doors.” Mathew said and Travis put me down. I felt my cheeks heat up, I was usually good at keeping PDA to a minimum but I guess my want was stronger than my usual logic.
“Sorry,” I said and Travis picked me up, placing one hand under my knees and the other behind my back.
“We’ll be seeing you tomorrow,” Travis said as he started to walk away with me.
“I’ll keep my end of the deal,” I called back to Mathew.
“I missed you,” I said kissing Travis on his cheek and he just gave me a huge grin.
“Not as much as I missed you,” Travis said
“I got you something,” I said
“Oh really? What did you get me?” He asked
“You’ll just have to wait and see,” I said as we reached the car. When we got inside he gave me a soft kiss.
“I can wait, because I’m with you and that’s all that I need.” He said and I kissed him.
“Who needs a hallmark card when I have you?” I said and he gave me a confused look and I just laughed.

Next Morning
“Any advice?” I asked Travis as he drove us back to camp.
“If I had any good advice do you think they would have put you in charge of her,” Travis said
“Good point,” I said.
“Well are you going to wake her up or wait for her to get up?” Travis said
“She’s still not used to the schedule?” I asked
“No,” Travis said
“I honestly don’t know what you guys think I can do, that will get her to snap out this,” I said
“Its either this or we send her back to a containment cell. From there they’ll only let her out if she agrees to change by participating.” Travis said
“Does she know this?” I asked
“Yeah but it doesn’t really seem like she soaks anything in,” Travis said as he interlaced his fingers with mine. “She just goes with the motions, almost like she is in shock. I honestly don’t know.”
The more Travis told me about the situation, the more nervous I grew. What if there wasn’t anything that I could do? I know it really wasn’t in my control but a part of me wanted to make everything okay, only because she was my sister. I would probably be more okay if she actually threw tantrums or something along those lines but she didn’t. She was silently protesting everyone’s effort.
“Everything will be fine,” Travis said running his thumb up and down the side of my index finger. I gave him a small smile in return.
“I hope so,” I said as we pulled into the parking lot.
“Mathew said he dropped off the paperwork in your office,” Travis said and I held in a groan.
“Okay,” I said as we let go of our hold and got out of the car. Once he was by my side I held his hand again. He started to walk but I pulled him back. “I’m sorry about last night.”
Last night we both got caught in the moment and almost got carried away. Being apart from someone can really take its toll. What started off as innocent kissing turned into a heated make out session. Before I knew it I had taken my shirt off as well as Travis’s. I had began trying to undo his pants but I was so nervous, I had no idea what I was even doing. A part of me knew I wasn’t ready but another part of me didn’t want to disappoint Travis. But I was glad that he knew me all too well.
He stopped me before I could go any further which led me to eventually start crying because I was so embarrassed. We had already promised each other we weren’t going to rush into anything, so I didn’t know why I felt like I had to do something that I wasn’t ready for.
“Don’t apologize,” Travis said putting both hands on either side of my face. “Look at me Katelyn.”
I hesitated but I looked at him, I felt my eyes begin to water.
“It’s okay, I don’t look at you any differently. I don’t want you to feel like you have to do anything that you’re not ready for. I understand, and for you I’ll wait. Hell I’ve waited this long why can’t I wait any longer,” He joked and I let out a small laugh. “I didn’t get with you because I wanted to have sex with you. I got with you because you’re a beautiful person in and out. You make me happy, you’ve brought feelings out of me I didn’t even know I had. You’re smart and caring. I don’t even think there’s enough words out there for me to describe just how great you are.”
I kissed his cheek and smiled at him.
“Thank you,” I said he shook his head and tapped his finger to his lips. I gave him a quick peck on the lips, followed by a laugh.
“Come on before Mathew thinks you’re backing out,” Travis said as he grabbed my hand.

I walked into the room Amelia was at, the team she was staying with had already left the room. I saw her sleeping in a bottom bunk. I was determined to try and go into this like she was just a regular student and not my sister. I didn’t want anyone to think I was giving out special treatment. I turned on the light.
“Get up Amelia,” I said and she immediately opened her eyes. She then rolled over and went back to sleep. “I’m not messing around.”
She didn’t move an inch.
“Why don’t I make a deal with you?” I suggested, still no response. “Me and you will fight, if I win then you have to stop acting like a brat and be a good student. If you win then I’ll let you visit your father whenever you want.”
She turned around and thought about.
“Can you close the door and lock it, please,” She said and I eyed her curiously, “I want to get dressed.”
I gave a slight nod I turned around and closed the door. I thought about whether I should lock it or not, but did so anyways. Just before I could turn around I fell to the floor. I quickly got up to see Amelia holding a thick wooden stick. I opened my mouth to say something but she just charged at me.
I ran towards her only to get swatted on my left cheek. She swung again but I painfully stopped it and tried to pull the stick away from her. She shortly let go and let me stumble back. She took this as her chance to tackle me down, she got in a good couple of punches before I kicked her off. I got up and picked her up by the collar of her shirt and slammed her against the wall.
She smirked and head butted me, I was dazed long enough for her to get out of my grip. When I regained focus I saw her digging into a draw.
“Oh no you don’t,” I said as I pushed her onto the bed closest to us. I tried to pin her down but she kicked me off. My back hit against the ladder of the other set of bunk beds with a sickening crack. I brushed it off as I saw her rush at me again. I jumped out of the way and got to catch a glimpse of her going straight through the ladders. I cringed knowing it must have been painful.
I got up to check on her but she grabbed a piece of the broken ladder and started to swing at me. I turned and ran to pick up up the weapon she was using earlier. She was hot on my tail, but I turned around to try and block her hits with the stick. I wasn’t fast enough and she knocked me to the ground. I groaned out in pain willing myself to try and get up but I was struggling. I froze when I heard creaking and saw that the bed bunk next to me was being tipped over. I quickly crawled away as the bed bunk was knocked over.
I was then pulled up by my shirt and slammed against the door. I then grabbed Amelia by her shirt and switched places by slamming her against the door. We continued this for awhile, although Amelia put up a really good fight I could tell she didn’t have very good stamina.She was getting tired very easily and it was showing.
Eventually the door gave way and we broke threw it. She slammed me against the wall and I quickly switched places with her, except this time I gripped her shirt and pulled her forward and head butted her. I watched her eyes roll back and she passed out. I was breathing heavy, being away for a month without really working out really took its toll on me.
“What in the world!” I looked and saw Mathew walking over. I just waved him off as I fell back trying to regain my breath. I closed my eyes as he walked into the room. “Oh my god what did you do?”
He walked out and I shrugged my shoulders.
“She should,” I took in a deep breath, “be good now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I probably lost most of you guys due to my absence. Sorry! haha I'll get my shizz together, I promise. I finally decided the ending for this story its kind of sad and I think thats why I stopped writing but I guess a complete story is better than avoiding a sad ending.

I think I've said too much :(

Anyways part 4 should be up in a bit too so yeah.
Thanks for reading, subscribing, recs, and comments. Enjoy!