Status: The next chapter for this story should be up around next week. While you're waiting, read my other stories like "Bulls In The Bronx" and my newest fic "Last Night She Recited Every Reason She's Fine". Thank you! :3

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

A Match Into Water

[Vic's POV]

I pulled into my drive way to my house. The whole way home from the hospital Elendra didn't talk at all. I didn't know what to do, but I knew once she got to my place she might open up.

I opened the car door for her, and I watched her walk up the side walk to my front door. She had only two suit cases in the back seat. I decided to be a gentleman and grab her bags for her. I dragged the suit cases on the hard gravel to the door.
I dug in my back pocket for my key. I slid the key in and yanked the key to the right and shoved the door open with my left shoulder. The door creaked open.
Elendra walked in. She's been here before, but she acted as if she didn't know where she was.
"Welcome home!" I joked, shutting the door behind me and threw my keys on the table.
Elendra had her hands behind her back, her fingers folded together. She was looking at the pictures we had on the wall. "I'm okay with being here."
I took my sunglasses off putting them on the table as well and I slammed the suit cases of the floor.
"Hey, be careful. I have expensive shit in there." Elendra shot at me.
I smiled at her when she said that. She was acting like herself almost.

I heard the back door open with a few crashes. I did live with my two friends and younger brother, so I assumed it was them.
"Way to go, Tony." I heard one voice say. It was followed by a bunch of laughs.
I made my way to my kitchen to see Tony and Jaime walking through the door.
"What broke?"
"Oh, just the beer we promised you." Jaime smiled when he said that, his dimples poking in his cheeks.
I narrowed my eyes at Tony.
Tony was bent over picking up the pieces of the glass of the broken bottles. I handed him the broom that so happened to be next to the back door. "I don't want you hurting yourself," I said to him. "Use this."
He nodded his head and I saw Mike head in from the back door with two bags in his hands.
"I got the stuff for tonight." He said, placing the bags on the table. He rubbed his forehead to get the sweat off of it. "Is she here?"
"Who?" Jaime asked me, jumping into the conversation. Jaime was a nosy guy, I'm telling you. There was no secrets when it came to him. Jaime had to know everything that went on in my life. He was my best friend, anyways. But there was no keeping things from him.
"Elendra, come in here!" I hollered so she could hear me from the living room.
I heard her creep into the room. Her brown hair was tied back into a ponytail. I saw her smile from ear to ear. She waved at them slightly and then she leaned on the door frame of the kitchen door.
"So these are those boys you keep talking about," She smirked when she said that. "I'm Elendra, your new roommate for the next 3 months."
Jaime looked over at me, giving me the look. That kid was such a joke something. He knew there was something between her and I.
"Welcome to the party!"
Good 'ol Jaime. What would we do without him?

[Elendra's POV]

I was sitting in the couch of Vic's living room. His house was freezing with the AC turned on full blast. I didn't understand why his house had to be a freezer. I had sweatpants and a sweater on by now, and a blanket over me.
"Vic, why is your house so damn cold!?" I asked him, my teeth were almost chattering. My hands were cold as ice by now.
Vic was sitting in the couch on the right side of his home, writing down something on some paper. The TV was on full blast and ironically Coraline was playing which was his favorite animated movie.
He finished his sentence on his paper and then he looked up at me. "You can go turn it down, the dialer is in the kitchen. Just turn down a little though, it gets hot in here at night."
I got up from the couch to go to the kitchen. The kitchen was pretty cozy. There was old blue paint chipping off the sides of the walls, dirty dishes in the sink and empty bottles of booze everywhere. Vic wasn't usually a partier, or so I thought. He always told me he was to busy to go out to the club. Often when he was on tour, I would catch up with him at the bar and have a couple shots with him. Vic was a sloppy drunk though, which was something you didn't want to see.
I found the dialer and I turned down the AC unit in the kitchen. I was tempted to turn it off before the house turned into one huge ice sculpture.
Before leaving the room, I noticed a piece of broken glass on the floor. I picked it up, the tip of the shard pricking my finger.
"Wow, that little fucker hurts." A little bubble of blood popped on the tip of my pointer finger. I stared at the blood while it almost started to drip down my finger. I rubbed the blood off on an old rag sitting on the kitchen table.
I kept the shard of glass in my hand. I remembered the feeling of the razor on my wrist, and tonight I was craving it. My gaze was controlled on this piece of glass. It was in a square shape at the bottom that slowly formed into a sharp triangle tip. I never knew when I was going to need this little bugger.
I looked up to see Vic walking into the room.
"Are you just standing in here or what?" He asked me, one hand going into the back of his black cut offs.
I slipped the shard into my pocket, still holding it in the palm of my hand and I looked around trying to find something that I could lie about doing.
"Uh," I began. My mind was shaking. I didn't know what to lie about. "Just looking around is all."
Lie number 1. I was going to lie a lot now.
Vic stood in front of me. "Alright, then..." He looked at me as if I was crazy. I think he knew something was up.
I smiled at him. I knew he couldn't resist my smile. Vic told me that himself.
Vic's brown eyes looked into mine and I felt a connection with him. I let the glass go in my pocket, feeling it jump around in my pocket until it settled down.
I tilted my head to the left, and I felt his mouth lower onto mine, and I felt his lips press onto them gently. Vic just kissed me. This wasn't something he's ever done to me before, but I didn't want him to stop. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he continued to kiss me, and he placed his hands on hips, bringing them in closer until mine brushed against his. His lips were on mine, but harder. They moved together, each kiss was longer, warmer. They had a meaning behind it, it had sparks bursting out of control.
I stopped to look at him. His cheeks were flushed a bright pink. I giggled to myself. This was the first time I've ever seen Vic's cheeks such a color. His pupils were dilated, they were completely black. It was almost cute how his facial expression looked.
"What was that for, Victor?" I asked him. My voice was flirty.
He looked down at the floor, and his eyes traced to the ceiling and then to mine. Vic couldn't look me in the eye. "Nothing, nothing at all." He said it with a smile on his mouth.
I smiled at him, and he smirked back.
Jaime walked in with some dirty dishes in his hands and he pushed them onto the counter and he crossed his arms across his chest. "You two kids behaving well?"
I could see Vic look down, laughing at what Jaime said to him.
"Anyways, Jaxin called and he said he's on his way with Austin and Casey."
I looked at Vic and I crossed my legs, resting my lower back on the ledge of the table. "Partying tonight?"
Vic turned to look back at me and he shook his head no. "Naw, it's just stuff for tour."
"When's tour?"
"Monday."
Monday was just in 2 days.
"And you didn't tell me you were leaving?"
I didn't understand why Vic didn't tell me he was leaving. It upset me because I was going to be in this house alone. I didn't want to be left alone again. I couldn't be too upset at him because this is what he did for a living. I was going to be selfish about this because of all the girls that would be crawling all over him. It made me want to gag. I will admit, I did have feelings for him, and possibly he had feelings for me too. Or his dick just wanted a good time. Either way, I probably was going to be neither of those.
"I forgot," Vic began to say to me. "It won't be a long tour. It's only a month and a half."
Yeah, only a month and a half. I like how he said like that wasn't a long time. I think his memory slipped. The last time he went on tour, he couldn't wait to come home so he could see me. I was the first person he saw. It was nice to know I meant a lot to him. I could cope without him. He was my best friend, and I knew he'd come back safe and sound.
"It's fine, I'm going upstairs." I said to him. I made sure my voice sounded as if it I was fine. But was I?

I walked into Vic's room which was an extreme mess. The only thing neat was the dirty clothes piled in the corner by his bed. His floor was covered in clothes, and who knows if they were clean or dirty. His bed was an unmade mess. His pillows scattered all over his bed. He had a collection of empty beer bottles on the top of his dresser.
I shut the door behind me, locking it so no one could come in.
Vic had his company over by now. I could hear their chatter downstairs and a few laughs here and there. My back fell against the door, and I slid down it, sitting on his dirty carpet.
My hand searched for the shard of glass in my pocket. I took it out, staring at the tip of the shard. It had a little peck of red on the tip of it still. I placed it carefully in my lap, and I rolled up my sleeve. I had bandages on my arm and I tried ripping it off. I saw my gashes. They were sewn up and I couldn't help but run my fingers over them. I had the flashbacks again. I felt angry, but I didn't know how to control it. Why was I so angry?
I heard Vic popping a bottle of champagne followed by some cheers.
"Cheers to the best fucking tour yet to come!" I heard a voice booming from behind the door say. They were clinging their glasses together and then it was all a blur.
My head shook.
"Yeah, cheers. Fucking. Cheers."
I took the shard of glass and I put it on a part of my bare skin that wasn't cut up. I slid the glass across my veins. The blood started to slip out of the cut. I watched it slide down my arm, staining my bandages. "Fuck, how do I explain this to him?" I asked myself. I was thinking out loud again.
Fuck it. I didn't care anymore. Vic was leaving soon anyways, so it didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore.
Nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeaaah, another chapter. Slowly getting into the climax I would say. But it gets better. So comment, recommend me if ya love me, and subscribe! Thanks for reading this, it means so much to me! (: