Status: Active

Blood Lines

The Unexpected Will

Mom’s funeral and burial services were beautiful yesterday but what I don’t understand is why my dad didn’t try to even comfort me. He didn’t even look at me. I don’t know if it was his way of coping or what but she was my mother and I think I’m entitled to have some comfort from a man who created me. I sat down at the bar eating a sandwich when a knock came to the door. I got up and went to the door and opened it to reveal a man wearing a black suit and holding a briefcase of similar color.

“Can I help you?” I asked confused as I looked at the man.

“Is this the residence of the late Tracey Burns?”

“Yes sir. How can I help you?” I asked again.

“I guess you can. My name is Adam Hardy. I was your mother’s lawyer for a long time and I have some documents for you and your father.”

“Well come on in and I’ll get him.” I said stepping aside. The man walked by me and I shut the door and showed him to the living room where he sat down on the couch. I ran up the stairs and knocked on the door to my dad’s room.

“Dad?” I said but there was no answer.

“Dad if you’re in there, there is a lawyer downstairs.” I said and the door flew open.

“Why is there a lawyer here?”

“He said he has some documents for you and me.” I said and he pushed past me with a smile on his face as he hurried down the stairs. I made my way down at my own pace and sat down in the recliner across from my dad and Mr. Hardy.

“First of all, I would like to say how sorry I am for the loss of your mother Roxy. She was a fine young woman and she talked about you very often.”

“Alright let’s just get to the business of whatever you came here for.” Dad said annoyed and moving his hands in a circular motion.

“If you wish Mr. Burns. For the past 2 months, your wife, Tracey, has been coming to my office working on her Last Will and Testament.”

“She never said anything about her making out a Will.” Dad said and I could see the anger in his eyes.

“That’s the thing Mr. Burns. Tracey has everything in her name so she didn’t have to tell you about her getting a Will and she wanted it to be private too that way no one could change her mind about the things she put into the Will. Now I’d like to read her Will.”

“Go ahead. I’m anxious to see what she did.” Dad said sitting back into his chair and smiling.

“Her Will states and I quote, ‘My name is Tracey Synthia Aledort-Burns and this is my Last Will and Testament. My 1969 Red and Black Chevy Camaro, all the jewelry I possess, the money in a sum of 600,000 dollars, and the house I leave to my daughter Roxy Ann Burns. Roxy I have taken the liberty in already switching your name into the house as the owner. The bank account with the 600,000 dollars in it has a password to it that my lawyer will give to you privately. I have also instructed my lawyer to watch over you and the house until you are the age to drive. The Mr. Hardy will take you to get your permit.

Now to my husband, all I have to give to you is words I should have said years ago and Roxy will now find out the truth about why you avoid her. You wonder why I’ve given everything to my only daughter and nothing to you. Well it’s very simple. When I found out I was pregnant with a daughter, it was the happiest day in my life but when I told you, you acted like she was a plague. You straight up told me that you didn’t want anything to do with her. You’ve been a complete ass to someone of your own flesh and blood and I don’t see how you can live with yourself.

That’s why you didn’t get anything from me. If you would have treated our daughter better then you might have gotten something from me. My last request to you is that I want you out of here before my lawyer leaves. If you refuse, he has instructions to call the police and have you arrested for trespassing.

Roxy the money I’ve left for you will last quite a while but knowing you, you’ll want to go out and find a job to support yourself and I wish you luck in finding one. I love you Roxy and I will always be with you. This is my Last Will and Testament,’
End quote.” I watched as Adam closed the folder he had in his hands and I looked over at my father. He looked like he had just found out he got screwed over…oh wait he did.

“That little bitch gave everything to her!?”

“You never paid any attention to me! So why would she give you anything!” I yelled at him ignoring what he just called my mom.

“Of course I didn’t! She wanted a child but I fucking didn’t! I’m too young to be tied down by some little bratty kid. I’m leaving and maybe you can keep this house up with no help. You’ll probably take that 600 grand and blow it all on yourself!” he got up knocking the chair over as h left the room and going up to his own and slamming the door.

“I’m sorry you had to hear that.” I said rubbing my forehead.

“It’s alright. I’ve heard it all over the years I’ve been a lawyer. Your mother also informed me that something like this might happen. Now please keep this password well hidden because you’ll need it to get into the account each time you take money out.”

“I won’t lose it.” I said putting the paper into my pocket. I heard footsteps thunder down the stairs and he appeared in the hall looking right at me.

“I hope you enjoy being alone while I’m living with my wife in Santa Monica.”

“Mom’s dead you idiot.” I said annoyed.

“I don’t mean that bitch! The day I found out your bitch mother died, I went and got married to someone I’ve been seeing ever since she was pregnant with your bastard ass.”

“Get out! Get the fuck out of my house!” I yelled as I stood to my feet and pointed to the front door. I watched as he picked up his bags and left the house putting his things into his truck and left the property. Mom left me everything she owned. She also gave me one thing I will always remember…the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? i gave u readers 2 chapters should i go for 3? comment and see if another chapter is posted